Love Potion: Black

Teggy

The notes of creamy vanilla, amber, and patchouli are present in both, there is where I became a bit "scent confused". .

That's the base. All the LP variants (and the original) have the same base.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the rich sweetness of this one, will be adding it to my full size bottle list :P

LP Black was actually one of the first full bottles I purchased.....I also have it in the solid form.....

I think you can make a special request for it? The only solid in the Gift Shoppe is the Sugared Roses that I could find, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it, unless M&D say otherwise.

I think you can make a special request for it? The only solid in the Gift Shoppe is the Sugared Roses that I could find, but that doesn't necessarily mean you can't get it, unless M&D say otherwise.

Danna had stated once that you can request solids, but I am not sure how much they cost as a special order. At one time, they had LP red and Black solids in stock, so I got both.....

• 1 month later...

Okay i tried this one today {opposite side of the body where i tried vain - or the elusive vain as i now call it since my skin inhales vain}

It is a nice buttery deep brown vanilla - i really like this one - it is foody but not too foody where you become sick, it has a good throw and i only needed a dab to keepthe smell going

It smells a lot like super -woman, but darker and not as sweet, i would get super first and get this as a back up as i really, really like super w.

I was really excited to try this because I thought it would be a patchouli blend that I could wear since I've loved all the other LP versions that I tried.

The patchouli wasn't quite as potent in the vial as it was on me. In the vial, it was a mix of buttery vanilla and patchouli. Nothing else that my nose could note, but when patchouli is in town, that's pretty much all I smell :666:

Once on my skin, the buttery vanilla were quickly lost to the patchouli as it was the only note that seemed to endure. I kept hoping the other notes would peak on dry down, but sadly that didn't happen probably because my skin eats butter and vanilla aromas. It actually seemed as if the patchouli mixed with my natural skin oils and took on a life of it's own, a rich and potent patchouli life though it never went to that incense or wet dirt aroma most other patchouli does on me. I think it was softened by the vanilla, which I suspect is why so many love it. And I'm sure that if my skin didn't eat vanilla and butter, it would have been one of my favorites.

• 1 month later...

I love this scent. I put it on tonight after my bath . I first put on LP original. My husband wasn't to impressed, but what does he know. When he smelled the LP Black....well he was very impressed. To me it smells like sexy vanilla spice. I am not sure what the spicey smell is in it..maybe patchouli , but I love it. It is my new favorite LP scent. This even surpasses Carpe Noctum, and I love Carpe Noctum.

LP Black was the very 1st LP I bought, it'll always be my all time FAVORITE ! ^_^

I'm thinking this may end up my fave too... This isn't my 'real' review yet but I couldn't resist making a comment because I just put on a precious few drops earlier and MY GOD I LOVE THIS. Sexed up buttercreme, yes. Pachouli that patch haters can love, yes. Addict? (as in Dior) ...it's been a while but I could see a connection, perhaps. I was actually asked when I wore it to work if I was wearing Angel (Mugler) which I've never worn (didn't like it on me, prob the patch base) but sniffing an Angel knockoff today to remember it, I bet the real thing and Black have a lot in common. Except I LOVE Black. :love:

The vanilla is very dark to me, and there's something I want to say is coconutty, but also dark. Many notes that I can't quite discern... It's sweet, but-- you guessed it, dark. And what I'm assuming is a (much better :D ) patch base keeps everything together soooo beautifully.

This is such a lovely, rich scent. I am Golluming out on my little (less than half-- yikes!) sample because I foolishly put my Black bottle order in with Scandalous@Omaha(which I am over the moon about getting to try and have a feeling could rival Black for faves.)

Just one more week, I hope... waiting impatiently... for my preciousssss.....

• 5 weeks later...

The first few times I wore this around my sweetie, he said it was "Ok, but not one of his favorites".....so I, like a little kid, just said...."Fine. That just leaves more for ME", and I continued wearing it only when he wasn't around.

Well, Friday night I decided to go with my LP Black that is boosted with Blatant Invitation. He called when he was almost here, and said, "Why don't I pick you up outside and we'll go pick up something for dinner?"

So, I go out to wait for him, and as I get in the car, there is like a cloud of LP Black all around me......my darlin' says....."WOW. I like that. What is that?" I told him the name and that he had smelled it before, and he says, "Well, I don't remember it smelling like THAT." The whole night was a neck-nuzzling party, with him saying....."You just smell so gooooood. I really like that one."

He was happy to hear that it is a permanent part of the LP line.....

I usually love this one. Today it smells weird on me. I can almost smell a coconut smell with it. I can't really smell the vanilla at all. It doesn't smell bad. Just not like it usually does. Maybe my hormones are wacky today.

I LOVE LP BLack, but my ability to wear it is VERY dependent on my hormones!

Good to know. I thought I was losing my mind. As long as it doesn't stay weird. Next week it will probably smell back to normal.

• 4 weeks later...

LP black should have it's own website.

my aura armour wore off and i swiped some black on, it's a bit cold and i wanted something snuggly.

i've ignored the original obsession that i had with this as a sample; i feel flush because i have a bottle now, so have ignored it in lieu of all my new goodies.

mama mia, this will always be a top 3 LP for me. it's so delicious, dark, sweet and thick, i may have to bite my wrists. it has great staying power and just gets better over time, on my skin.

luna couldn't have said it better, 'sexed-up buttercream'. add some almost edible patchouli in the mix.

i will be wearing it in the old-age home, walkers a'fallin' in my wake.

It makes almost every scent even better.

That's what I like to say about the LP base in general, even if some of the variants don't work on me...that base is so yummy!

LP black should have it's own website.

I agree.....it was always been one of my faves....deep, rich, and decadent......lately I have been wearing it more, now that my sweetie has decided that he likes it......

:Blusher:

I have to admit I'm guilty of rejecting this beauty far too quickly...and what's worse... I did so after only sniffing the sample! :blink: My only explanation is that it was my first order and I was a completely green rookie...

Now...Having actually tried the LP Black.... OMG!!! :love: I'm in luuuurve... especially after layering with a bit of sugared cream like Ail (?) suggested I do. Absolute heaven! Deep and dark at the same time as it's sweet and vanilla-ish! One of my new favourites for sure...It's definitively in my top 5!

Now...I need to get my hands on bottles... :001_302:

You need to get you some Cuddle Bunny scented, to make my Black Bunny now. *Nods*

Just ask Luna..And Quince.. ^_~

Verrry sexyyy (or SeXXay as my lovely Lori would say :001_302:)

With a wee snuggle thrown in for good measure.. NUMMY!!

Blessings

Ail )O(

You need to get you some Cuddle Bunny scented, to make my Black Bunny now. *Nods*

Just ask Luna..And Quince.. ^_~

:001_302:

Yes it makes for a very happy Master Quince, when I'm wearing the sexed-up buttercreme with the magic sex potion! NOM NOM NOM

With a wee snuggle thrown in for good measure.. NUMMY!!

Hehehe.... I do have unscented CB...and more on the way too after the reactions I got from my TG the other week... It was the Pharmacon version tho, and I used pherogirl as my cover scent so not quite the snuggle response :001_302: More Rampant Rabbit than Cuddle Bunny :blink:

I really like the sound of layering with LP Black...

I do have the new Ail's version on my wishlist though for future purchases once I get some more money :Blusher:

Edited by Rosebud

• 3 weeks later...

I did not like this one at first but after a good hour of wearing it...well I wish I had ordered a bottle instead of sampling it...lol.

This one is nice and dark...sorta mysterious...perhaps the vanilla and resin mix? or the patchouli?

I did not like this one at first but after a good hour of wearing it...well I wish I had ordered a bottle instead of sampling it...lol.

This one is nice and dark...sorta mysterious...perhaps the vanilla and resin mix? or the patchouli?

The good news is that this one is one of the "permanent" LP line.....the lovely ladies keep rebrewing it, just like LP Original and LP Red.....I STILL have three bottles of it, though..... :blue_dancing_banana:

The good news is that this one is one of the "permanent" LP line.....the lovely ladies keep rebrewing it, just like LP Original and LP Red.....I STILL have three bottles of it, though..... :blue_dancing_banana:

WOW!

That's great!

I'm glad those three are keepers....I have a bottle of LP RED and LP PINK...thinking of getting a bottle of LP BLACK next but with all the new releases it's making it tough to decide now....

j#'s,

you really have to get a bottle of black. it's probably my favorite, other than aura armour but that's on a completely different planet than black.

black is so edibly rich, dark and mysterious. i've gotten the most compliments when i wear it.

j#'s,

you really have to get a bottle of black. it's probably my favorite, other than aura armour but that's on a completely different planet than black.

black is so edibly rich, dark and mysterious. i've gotten the most compliments when i wear it.

It is definitely in a class by itself.....

j#'s,

It is definitely in a class by itself.....

Ohhh you ladies are making it tough for me to decide!

I want them all...lol..

Will get the LP BLACK eventually.....

• 1 month later...
Ohhh you ladies are making it tough for me to decide!

I want them all...lol..

Will get the LP BLACK eventually.....

You should get it boosted with BI.....it is almost lethal....I am sitting here sniffing it, and it is turning ME on....

Edited by Dolly

• 2 weeks later...

When I tried the sample I /loved/ it. The vanilla was a rich deep bean scent balanced with the patcholi. Very positive reactions from others. I've bought a bottle, but all I smell wearing it is heavy brown sugar. Did the perfume age? Did my chemistry change? Did my nose get accustomed to something? Has anything like this happened to you?

When I tried the sample I /loved/ it. The vanilla was a rich deep bean scent balanced with the patcholi. Very positive reactions from others. I've bought a bottle, but all I smell wearing it is heavy brown sugar. Did the perfume age? Did my chemistry change? Did my nose get accustomed to something? Has anything like this happened to you?

Try gently shaking the bottle......sometimes that changes the scent a little....or you may have a bottle from a different batch....these perfumes are made with no chemical stabilizers, and several natural ingredients....the recipes stay the same, but sometimes the ingredients may smell a little different from batch to batch. And yes, some of them do change a bit as they age.....

Some of the ladies here also notice a change in the scent of the perfumes based on where they are in their cycle, so that could be part of it also.....

Edited by Dolly

Try gently shaking the bottle......sometimes that changes the scent a little....or you may have a bottle from a different batch....these perfumes are made with no chemical stabilizers, and several natural ingredients....the recipes stay the same, but sometimes the ingredients may smell a little different from batch to batch. And yes, some of them do change a bit as they age..... Some of the ladies here also notice a change in the scent of the perfumes based on where they are in their cycle, so that could be part of it also.....

Shaking it? Ah Ha! Natural oils. Layers. Makes sense. I will try that. -_-

Shaking it? Ah Ha! Natural oils. Layers. Makes sense. I will try that. :Hug_emoticon:

Genius! That did the trick. I have been reading about shaking the pheros, but didn't make the connection to other scents. Duoh! Thank you so much for the tip!

Genius! That did the trick. I have been reading about shaking the pheros, but didn't make the connection to other scents. Duoh! Thank you so much for the tip!

You're very welcome! ENJOY!!