Love Potion: Black

Teggy

Okay, this potion is so dynamic on my skin. Today someone blurted out that I smelled like 'unlit pipe tobacco'. A dark wet vanilla. Who knew? But I like pipe tobacco so I'm good. :banana026:

Makes me wonder what it smells like on men.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this potion is so dynamic on my skin. Today someone blurted out that I smelled like 'unlit pipe tobacco'. A dark wet vanilla. Who knew? But I like pipe tobacco so I'm good. :banana026:

Makes me wonder what it smells like on men.

Well, I've never tried it on my man, but there have been a couple of men who popped into the forum here and said that they liked it on themselves....I love it on ME so much that I don't want to share.....hehe.....

LOL you are so bad dolly!

I used to have a sample of LP Black, LP red and LP original, I wanted to love them but there's something that goes wonky on me I can't figure it out, however LP pink was amazing surprisingly! smells just like pink sugar

I was wearing LP Black in a crowded Bar.....walking thru crowd, a young hottie of guy passed me, stopped dead in tracks and yelled back...Hey U smelll REALLY GOOD.... :love: was it the LP Black or the EOW underneath? Or both? I'll never know, but LP Black is now a must have when going out.....LOL

Does that sound way too cougar"ish" :)

Nah, "way too Cougar-ish" would be saying, after he made that observation, that he should follow you to the nearest tight space so he can really smell you to get the full effect of your awesomeness. Wait, what I am saying...that's just right!

:)

Edited by luna65

• 7 months later...

Smells kind of dirty? I don't know how else to describe it. Sweet, dirty and slightly powdery at first then dries down to mostly powdery with slightest hint of the dirty sweet. The powder smell just takes over and me no likey powder smell :P Darkened Almond reminds me of the scent I get with nom nom nom.

LP Black is messing with my mind!!! At some points it smells SO AMAZING I want to inhale it into my entire being and fill myself with this smell, then at other points the I just get the mostly powder? and want to run! Drives me crazy!!!

Edited by Madison

• 2 months later...

This scent is very well crafted, nicely balanced. I really wanted it to work on my skin. Something happens with the honey on my skin where it just takes over and upsets the lovely balance. This would be a great incense or candle, though.

If you haven't tried Passion & Desire, you might want to give that a go, the combination of Red and Black sometimes works better for those who have a hard time wearing either alone.

This one has intrigued me for a while. I might have to get a sample vial and see if it is one I could get away with wearing.

This one has intrigued me for a while. I might have to get a sample vial and see if it is one I could get away with wearing.

Hey Snoop~

I became obsessed with getting a bottle of Black a few months ago. My bottle seemed a lot heavier with Pachouli than I was expecting , giving it a more masculine feel to me. Sadly, I eventually sold mine on my trade list. Maybe you'll get a "darker" smelling bottle too! However, if it's too sweet for your tastes, please let me know and I'll buy it off ya!

Hey Snoop~

I became obsessed with getting a bottle of Black a few months ago. My bottle seemed a lot heavier with Pachouli than I was expecting , giving it a more masculine feel to me. Sadly, I eventually sold mine on my trade list. Maybe you'll get a "darker" smelling bottle too! However, if it's too sweet for your tastes, please let me know and I'll buy it off ya!

You should try layering (or outright mixing) LP Black with OCCO Black Shield.....OCCO sweetens it JUST ENOUGH without negating the dark qualities.....

Hey Snoop~

Alrighty then!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I should start an LP Black fan club.....LOL......

While I was visiting my family last week, I had a whole bag of LPs with me.....I wore a couple of different scents, but for the most part, my most-reached for scent was LP Black....I wore it both alone and in combination with OCCO Black....LP Black is absolutely luscious by itself, but when I add OCCO to it......OMG....

I am comforted in knowing that, no matter which scents come and go and sell out, I can always get my LP Black! Hopefully OCCO Black will never be discontinued either!

I think I should start an LP Black fan club.....LOL......

Hey Dolly,

Since you are LP Black and OCCO Black fan, I would like to know if the two smell different and if so, how. I have an OCCO Black and I'm wondering if I should get a bottle of LP Black in my next order.

Thanks for your help,

J

Hey Dolly,

Since you are LP Black and OCCO Black fan, I would like to know if the two smell different and if so, how. I have an OCCO Black and I'm wondering if I should get a bottle of LP Black in my next order.

Thanks for your help,

J

Well, they smell different, and blend together very well.....to me, OCCO Black is sweeter......LP Black has more vanilla where OCCO Black has a lot of brown sugar......LP Black is FAB, and is just.....well, different than OCCO Black.....it is hard to describe.....if you like darker scents, I would say get at least a sample of Black.....or, if you get a bottle, you can always find somebody who will take it off your hands on the trading post!

Ok,this is really astounding to me!...I tried LP Black at least 4 different times 2 & 3 months ago,I did not like it,nor did I like Passion&Desire.I have LP Black on one arm and I am Liking it !!! Not as much as Original or Red...but just sayin,I did not like it at all before...wow

...off to try P&D again :D

oh gosh I wish they had an OCCO to go with LP Original

Ok,this is really astounding to me!...I tried LP Black at least 4 different times 2 & 3 months ago,I did not like it,nor did I like Passion&Desire.I have LP Black on one arm and I am Liking it !!! Not as much as Original or Red...but just sayin,I did not like it at all before...wow

...off to try P&D again :D

oh gosh I wish they had an OCCO to go with LP Original

Sometimes your body chemistry can change due to hormones or whatever.....I love picking up samples that I didn't particularly care for before and giving them another look just for the sake of trying.....some pf the LP oils age as well, which can cause them to mellow or soften, or even cause some notes to bloom.....just remember that sometimes they smell different if you give them a little shake before you apply....

I agree that you should never trade a fragrance off just because it didn't work the first time (unless it happens to be the type that you know you don't like and never will). Artisan perfumery is like wine and sometimes you need to give it time to allow it to become what it is meant to be.

Edited by luna65

• 4 weeks later...

It used to be there was something in Black which didn't like me at all...I could wear it for about 15-20 minutes and then it would turn evil. Now I suppose my stock has aged enough that it's not an issue (the last time I wore Black by itself it seemed to behave)...but that's why I stared layering Black and Red in the first place. So you're not alone, Marti.

• 4 weeks later...

I think LP Black doesn't work on me. I'll whip out my sample in a couple of weeks' time. I tried layering it with LP Red but the black overpowered the red. I'll try with more Red the next time. Otherwise, it'll either go to my trade list when I start trading again or as a gift to my male colleague.

I absolutely adore LP Black!! I wore it to an event last w/end, spritzing with my BIx2 w/ LP Black, then taking the oil for refreshing. A friend of mine asked what scent I was wearing and I told her...then...silence. A few seconds later I asked, why did you ask? Just wondering. Do you like it? No, not really.

LOL!!

That was a wonderful evening, everyone else loved it!!

• 2 months later...

I SO wanted LP Black to work on me. All the wonderful smells that other people picked up, the name, the beautiful label, etc, On my skin, there was no patchoulli at all. My skin amps up vanilla ( same as it does with cinnamon) to ridiculous levels. I'm afraid on me, the vanilla took over and it turned all maple like. Maple is not a scent I am fond of. Some time back I was sent a sample of Breakfast in Bed with one of my orders and it reminded me of that, only heavier. It just didn't translate to the luscious deep black I was hoping for.

• 1 month later...

Ok so I'm really hating on my skin chem today. I want to love this but it goes plastic. In the vial its gorgeous and deep, on my skin, for the first half hour, it's even better. Sadly, shortly after that, it's all plastic. It's so strange because hours and hours later it pops back out and I smell rich honey, it's like I just applied sugared honeycomb except that it's the LP Black from around 12 hours earlier. I've only tested three times so far within a few weeks so I'm hoping it'll work one day.

This smells like pee on me.

Pee and patchouli chalk. Why?! :D

Could it be the honeycomb?? :)

Could it be the honeycomb?? :)

It definitely is... I tend to get a really strong plastic, or weak tea and strong pee scent from honey and honeylike notes.

Other times the honey just vanishes.

Sometimes your body chemistry can change due to hormones or whatever.....I love picking up samples that I didn't particularly care for before and giving them another look just for the sake of trying.....some pf the LP oils age as well, which can cause them to mellow or soften, or even cause some notes to bloom.....just remember that sometimes they smell different if you give them a little shake before you apply....

I could not agree more than what Dolly said here...I do not like LP Black as much as Red and Original,both of which I love :D ... but it smells waaaaayyy better to me now than when I first tried it,actually the 1st 4 times I tried it :) I look forward to trying it again as it ages.

My friend gave me a sample of this and I really like it, it doesn't work on her at all. On me it's deep and lasts forever. Towards the end, hours later, it smells sweet, very sweet. This is my first perfume oil too, I like how they last so long on the skin and the vial looks like it'll last longer than an alcohol basted. I'm excited to try more samples soon.

I ordered the Love Potion Sampler pack recently and to my surprise I adored ones that I thought I'd be ambivalent about and was meh on the ones I thought would be home runs. Gotta love those sampler packs! I thought Black was a sure thing, but I actually preferred Red, Pink, and Original. Black is nice, but I'm beginning to think honey isn't fond of me.

• 1 month later...

On my skin this is a black vanilla with lots of resiny notes. It's what I want BBW Black Vanilla to smell like on me but without the weird dusty dry-down.

(The one I have is pheroed and I have an amusing story to tell in regards to its effects but I'll try to find somewhere in the phero section to tell it to keep this thread on track.)