L'Été du Fleurs w/Popularity Potion

gallery photo

Parfum #8: L'Ete du Fleurs - Phero Enhanced w/ Popularity Potion

It’s time to turn up the heat on your summertime sexiness...slip on this tropical floral beauty perfect for those long hot days and steamy nights, featuring blossoms of honeysuckle and hydrangea swirled with coconut and dry cocoa butter, quenched with watery cactus, ozone and just a smidge of sparkly hedione, supine in the sunshine upon a smooth and seductive bed of velvety vanilla, myrrh and sweet musk. For that surefire Summer Stunner vibe we’ve included a dose of our exclusive POPULARITY POTION pheromone blend, allowing you to give off an air of 'movie star-esque' charisma. Can assist one in becoming the center of attention, and in elevating the mood of those around you, making you the life of the party. Specially tempered to reduce feelings of jealousy and envy from others that can arise when YOU are in the spotlight.

My great-great grandmere claimed to know the famous painter Paul Gauguin. It was said she had been one of his models in Paris and then followed him to French Polynesia, to live a more colorful life in Tahiti. There are moments when I think of her, adorned with flowers on the shores of la mer, her skin tanned and wearing a beautifully-colored sarong. When I feel I am lacking in adventure I wear this fragrance and I am transported to that far-off isle...so join me, ma cheres, with this paradise in a bottle, bien sur!

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
HONEYSUCKLE ~ Bonds of love, generosity; attracts money, prosperity, clairvoyance, healing, creativity, protection.
HYDRANGEA ~ Hex-breaking, love drawing, lovers reunited, fidelity.
COCONUT ~ Protection, purification, receptivity.
COCOA BUTTER ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
MYRRH ~ Stimulating, soothing. Powerful guard against evil.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CACTUS ~ Protection, endurance, warmth, love, inspiration, sacred gateway to the spirit world.
JASMINE/HEDIONE ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

Summer 2019: The French Collection!

Allo! Bonjour! Je m'appelle Marie Reynard and I just arrived from la Ville des Lumières - Paris, France!
Greetings to all the lovely patrons of my dear cousin! I have come to visit her darling American shoppe and experiment with all her perfumery ingredients, c’est magnifique! I hope you will enjoy my scented conjurings, performed with parisienne sophistication but also all the love and magic which only the enchantresses of our line can embody...it runs in the family, ma cheres!

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This one is very strong on me!  I really like the way the cocoa butter and the floral notes meld, it reminds me somewhat of Seaside Sizzle, but it's not quite as sweet, I don't think?  It has more of a perfume-y quality to it.  The base is really plush.  But as the fragrance is very intense I would recommend you put on just a little bit at first because I don't know if this one is really for slathering.

This is not what I was expecting at all.

It's WAY, WAAAAAAY better!

This is the perfect summer scent! It's light, (as in shiny, happy), watery, floral and airy. Oh my, I should've gotten the bottle and not the sample of this one!

I don't think it's the PP talking either 😄

I hate to order right after ordering, but I know I need a bottle of this in spray. It's going to be this summer's go to!

ETA

Yeah. I had to go back to the store and order this in the spray. This is going to be my summer grab n go.

*Bows in gratitude to Potion Mistress Marie for her delightful creations*

Thank you!

Edited by NuTrix

I wasn’t supposed to love this.  I didn’t do well with Seaside Sizzle and the one prior that had tuberose and cocoa butter.  Both smelled like toasted cocoa butter on me (the other one had a hot guy on the label).  Either way, the coconut (smells like coconut water to me) and the cactus are GAME CHANGERS.  I can’t wait to order another backup bottle.  This is like a tame floral soap with green and coconut and boom..there is my favorite cocoa butter.  

1 hour ago, johnsonlisa90012 said:

I wasn’t supposed to love this.  I didn’t do well with Seaside Sizzle and the one prior that had tuberose and cocoa butter.  Both smelled like toasted cocoa butter on me (the other one had a hot guy on the label).  

That would be Pherodise.

• 2 weeks later...

This one is nice out of the vial. Fun, warm, bright. 

First on I get a bright burst of fruity/floral. On my skin, after dry down, I get a note that pricks my nose. Its not piercing, almost the opposite. A note that has bugged me before. Almost fruity, but off. Its gotta be the cactus. It happens. 

Fragrances with cactus and cactus type fruits do this to me. I feel like yea, I can do this. Then humm does it smell funny? Do people notice that? It becomes almost pungent on my skin. If only it was aloe. The BFF I made right here at LP.

I'm on the fence. I mean myrrh, Hedione honeysuckle...I love those notes. 

I imagine this without the cactus and feel the cheery bright youthful glow. 

Humm. I will retry. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:18 PM, luna65 said:

This one is very strong on me!  I really like the way the cocoa butter and the floral notes meld, it reminds me somewhat of Seaside Sizzle, but it's not quite as sweet, I don't think?  It has more of a perfume-y quality to it.  The base is really plush.  But as the fragrance is very intense I would recommend you put on just a little bit at first because I don't know if this one is really for slathering.

I agree with Luna about slathering and intensity.

Seaside Sizzle is da bomb... I could not do Pherodise.  But, I loved the lable. 😙

I love cocoa butter. It seems to me, sometimes, cocoa butter and certain florals don't go together on my skin. I wonder if that is contributing to the issues here.

I think that's what went wonky with Pherodise. I never had the heart to say it. I didn't want to ruin it for others. But, on me, Pherodise smelled like the place I took my dog to bathe her. Like when it was cleaned. Not a bad smell, but pretty much right on the nose. I like the place but... 

I thought those posts would merge.

Edited by StacyK

Oh boy this is an olfactory experience. I’m trying to get back to reviewing every release, even ones I don’t like ( though I don’t think reviews like that are all that helpful so I usually refrain). Anyway of the 4 I have left this one smelled best to me in the vial. Luna is so right. This perfume is very strong. Definitely heady. If you love it, this is a great thing and your bottle will last forever. It’s too much for me though at this amount ( not much). I think it’s the combination of hydrangea and hedione that is too intense for me to handle. I’m a cocoa butter ho but it does not stand out as an individual note for me. I know it’s there from the rich, smoothness but that’s it. It’s like a vehicle for the florals. Cactus and ozone are likely what is making my nose scream stabby. I don’t get the honeysuckle really which is a shame because I love it. I think the vanilla is masking the cocoa butter tang and just making it too sweet and a bit cloying. Never ever thought I’d say that about either of those notes. Lol. As always the blending of all these disparate notes is genius. But ultimately the combo of super sweet and rich mixed with semi stabby fresh notes AND dense florals is just not my thing. I can totally see that those of you that this combo works for, will love it hardcore. Glad I tried it. I do suspect that after a few hours the extremely long and starting to fade drydown will be gorge.

OMG IN 140 POINT FONT.

this looooooooooves me.

Dream skin scent!!!!

I love every single note, so I guess I shouldn’t be surprised, but as usual this is so much more than the sum of its parts. It is so harmonious - smells as though it has gorgeously aged - very settled-in and self-assured.  It is transporting. 

It it is VERY coconutty on me, much more than anything else.  It’s a COCONUT MONSTER with a heavy dose of cocoa butter, just flavored with the tdf flowers I love.  

pop potion doesn’t like me 😭 so i can’t do a bottle of this, but if by some wild chance any of this were lying around in virgin form I would be ALL OVER IT

What is this wizardry? I don't enjoy strong heady florals, or perfume-y florals, and aquatics are not my jam. But the myrrh, musk and cactus with the ozone make this a really special floral. Now, I did put it on 7 hours ago, but I'm strangely not getting any coconut or cocoa butter, which seem to be standouts for many of you. But I did note that it was powerful when I put it on and didn't do any huffing, then got caught up in my day. 

If I do go FB on this one, I think a spray would be the wrong choice! I think for me it would be better as an up close scent than filling the room. I'm looking forward to playing with my trial some more.

Thinking and looking thru forum as to where I've had ozone and cactus together, both were on my man, Stormy Weather and Poseidon. Neither one of them did it for me because they weren't sexy, but I'm not caring if Im finding me sexy in this moment. It feels clean, clean is nice. I also have enjoyed the ozone in Elementals: Air a lot, but for the cleanliness of it. I think no matter how how and sweaty, one could maintain an air of dignified classy cool in L'Ete du Fleurs. I'd love to wear it for a summer wedding.

Edited by Eastwood22

• 5 weeks later...

Truly a win/win for me! The first time I wore it around Mr Right he raved about how nice it is and followed me around 🤣