Pheros and Food and/or Caffeine

I was wondering if anyone has experience with pheros and empty stomachs.  I do intermittent fasting and often am applying pheros in the morning long after I've eaten and several hours before I'll eat again.  I find that while I do get slight selfies from some of the pheros, I also often get a low-grade headache (upper forehead, generally dissipates in an hour or so) and my selfies are not particularly strong...which may just be me, of course.

I'm also drink a ton of coffee...I do 1/2 decaf + 1/2 caffeinated but regularly drink a whole full size pot by myself ('cause "Grrrrrr!  Don't touch my coffee!!", lol)  So, I'm pretty caffeinated when I'm applying pheros, with nothing else in my stomach.

Just wondering if anyone has noted any better/worse effects of pheros based in food and/or caffeine consumption.

In what I've learned over the years. Don't wear pheros in any physically weakened condition. For example its not recomended when you're sick. There are a few older posts about that around the forum.

You are overtaxing yourself. Its alot for the body to cope with. 

As for caffeine, I am a 1 cup of coffee a day person now. ;)

The caffeine in combo with fasting, that alone is a lot of stress on your body.

Pass on the pheros those days.

Just fyi some pheros don't go well with alcohol either. Or, lets just say you get a buzz faster. "Audacious" & "Topper" come to mind. 

Be safe.

Edited by StacyK

I do intermittent fasting and drink regular caffeinated coffee. Haven’t had any issues with pheros. I do know I metabolize caffeine quickly though.

Thanks for the tips, StacyK. 

I had a feeling that I was not doing myself any favors with my application schedule.  One thing I have learned is that if I'm wearing any pheros on drinking nights, hydration is the key to not having excessive hangover effects, lol.  Before I figured that one out, I was super confused as to how in the hell I felt so bad in the morning after a two/three/four drink night.

It does seem (now that the thoughts have occurred, lol) that I get more selfies when I'm applying pheros AFTER dinner, BEFORE a night out.  Makes sense 🙄.

Of course, I don't sleep well either.  Maybe all three things affect my phero effects.  But oceanjewel, you give me hope!!  Lol.  Thanks for your input.

Edited by HipGrrrl

Pheros can make me feel really "off" if I'm wearing them when I don't have any food in my belly, and especially if I've not eaten AND have had a ton of coffee. I'm one of those people who occasionally forgets to eat, so I've had more experience in with this kind of situation than I'd like to have had. I get the "super-jitters", and occasionally it has made me feel a little nauseated. 

I definitely recommend not drinking on an empty stomach while you're wearing pheros! OMG. It's a short-cut to embarrassing situations and almost instant hangover. :lol:  There was one instance in which I was locked in the back seat of a car because I was drinking on an empty stomach while wearing a pretty heavy load of Audacious. Funny. But really. Not. Good. And the hangover was the worst! 

I've never been a good sleeper, either. I don't think it's entirely out of the realm of possibility that all 3 things could play a part in how you experience the pheros you're wearing. 

If you're feeling run down from a lack of sleep, have no food in your belly, have had a lot of coffee, AND start drinking while wearing pheros, you might explode. :lol:   Kidding. 

Anyway, welcome to the forum! :) 

And also: I like the way you write. 

@Eggers Thank you for sharing your experiences and the compliment - I like how you write, too - I get excited when I see one of your posts, lol.  

It sounds like I have some experimenting to do - as much as I adore food, I’m not a big eater especially at breakfast time.  Food that early makes me feel 🤢 and has forever.  But hell, I’m a grown woman!  I’m sure I can manage to choke something down for the sake of Phero experimentation, lol.

At the very beginning of my phero experience, I did, in fact, drink on an empty stomach wearing a phero blend.  I can’t remember which one (before I started journaling).  I’m a total lightweight but after many years of ebulliently practicing, I’ve figured out my healthy limits with booze...the phero + empty stomach + booze was a bad, bad, bad idea.  Ouch 😢.

Edited by HipGrrrl

1 hour ago, Eggers said:

If you're feeling run down from a lack of sleep, have no food in your belly, have had a lot of coffee, AND start drinking while wearing pheros, you might explode. :lol:   Kidding. 

This made me LOL, Eggs......truth in what you wrote though!  It is more apparent if you are a heavy responder as I am.  As I always tell my son......"Ask me how I know!"

@HipGrrrl Aw, thank you! 

I'm not much of a morning eater, either. Breakfast tends to make me feel nauseated. I started having homemade smoothies a couple of hours after I get up, just so that I have something in my gut, and to ward off the shakes. I seem to be able to tolerate smoothies in the morning/early afternoon better than food I have to chew. 

I've had a few not-so-great drinking experiences while wearing pheros. That one where my BF locked me in the back of the car was a doozie. I wish I could remember where I posted about it. It was both hilarious and humiliating. The humor of it outweighs my embarrassment, however, so I continue to use it as a cautionary tale here on the forum! :lol:  

Bottom line: if I'm going to be wearing pheros, or if I'm going to be drinking, I make sure to have a little food in my belly. Better safe than hungover and embarrassed. ;)  

1 minute ago, Dolly said:

This made me LOL, Eggs......truth in what you wrote though!  It is more apparent if you are a heavy responder as I am.  As I always tell my son......"Ask me how I know!"

LOL! True story! I think I must be a heavy responder too. I get selfies out the wazoo, usually. I feel lucky in this regard most of the time. And then there are those times when I've not eaten, had too much coffee and had a beer or two, and I really regret it. Oh! The stupid things I can say/do sometimes! :lol: 

@Eggers I did read it, now I can’t remember where either.  

Frankly, I appreciate you posting it ‘cause when I read your accounting I said to myself “HipGrrrl, pay attention!  This could so totally be you!”, lolol.  You may have saved me from myself!  Sadly, moderation is not my natural tendency 😇.

Edited by HipGrrrl

11 minutes ago, HipGrrrl said:

@Eggers I did read it, now I can’t remember where either.  

Frankly, I appreciate you posting it ‘cause when I read your accounting I said to myself “HipGrrrl, pay attention!  This could so totally be you!”, lolol.  You may have saved me from myself!  Sadly, moderation is not my natural tendency 😇.

Ha! Mine either. ;)  

Lack of sleep or lack of quality sleep and pheros don't work as well for me either. I thought it was just because not sleeping well makes me grouchy in general, but I should probably skip pheros on those days too

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:24 AM, oceanjewel said:

Lack of sleep or lack of quality sleep and pheros don't work as well for me either. I thought it was just because not sleeping well makes me grouchy in general, but I should probably skip pheros on those days too

If I'm feeling grouchy due to a lack of sleep, I usually reach for Balm Bomb or Open Windows. Balm Bomb works 'cause it really does make people behave nicely to me, (which keeps me from getting more pissed off). Open Windows tends to really buoy my mood in general. But even if I'm wearing these because I haven't slept, I have to make sure that I have some food in my belly, or I can wind up feeling like crap.