Jump to content
Darbla

Can sitting in a hot mailbox all day ruin pheros?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I placed an order a few days ago, and I'm wondering if the pheros might be ruined from sitting in the mailbox during the hottest part of the day until I get home from work to get them out?  If it was Winter I wouldn't be concerned but this Summer heat is something else.

Edited by Darbla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It takes longer than an afternoon. They should be fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've left pheromones in my car glove compartment all Summer and had no issues with them working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t had a problem either and where I live it’s over 90 all summer + humid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know of people who have moved them cross country in a UHaul and then had them in hot storage units and they were still fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, Darbla said:

I placed an order a few days ago, and I'm wondering if the pheros might be ruined from sitting in the mailbox during the hottest part of the day until I get home from work to get them out?  If it was Winter I wouldn't be concerned but this Summer heat is something else.

 

Thanks for asking this, Darbla. It was something I've been curious about, too. Every time my A/C has broken or I've picked my package up from the apt office and had to run errands, leaving it in the car it's worried me. It's good to hear the answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I once lost a bottle of Shen Tao in my car for a whole hot summer. When I found it under the passenger's seat in the fall, it still smelled exactly like my other bottle. 

 

Edit: DERP! I just realized you were asking about pheros, not scents. Still, it was great to find out how durable these scents can be. 

Edited by Eggers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna say that you've got about 3 weeks before noticeable damage occurs. Of course any time you can avoid extreme heat please do, and never store anything in your car regardless of time of year, they are a little more forgiving than you feared but they will eventually break down   Scent and pheros both I mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

I'm gonna say that you've got about 3 weeks before noticeable damage occurs. Of course any time you can avoid extreme heat please do, and never store anything in your car regardless of time of year, they are a little more forgiving than you feared but they will eventually break down   Scent and pheros both I mean. 

Ha! My nose must be broken! 😅 I still have both bottles and they still smell the same to me. Maybe I should ask the opinion of someone else's sniffer... 🤔 

 

I found the bottle under the front seat, caught in the floor mat. It would have been out of the sun, but it was under there for a good two months at least? I wonder if it was slightly cooler under the seat? 

 

Or maybe I've been walking around smelling funny and nobody told me. 😬😅 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Eggers  it usually just makes the scent weaker and the more fragile notes that burn off fastest on the skin anyway will be compromised. So it will still smell almost the same on the skin, it might not last as long tho.  If there's a base of vegetal oil ( which we no longer use) you'd smell a slightly rancid note as well but dpg is odorless so that doesn't happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Potion Master said:

@Eggers  it usually just makes the scent weaker and the more fragile notes that burn off fastest on the skin anyway will be compromised. So it will still smell almost the same on the skin, it might not last as long tho.  If there's a base of vegetal oil ( which we no longer use) you'd smell a slightly rancid note as well but dpg is odorless so that doesn't happen. 

Phew! Thanks Mara! I guess I'll use up the car bottle first then. It's such a soft scent, it'll be perfect for summer work nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...