OCCO 2019: Cherry

OCCOCherry.jpg

For those of you who aspire to being the cherry on top of a Love Sundae, look no further than our latest cherry-chocolate fantasy featuring numerous varieties of juicy sweet cherries and creamy chocolate topped with a tart kiss of red currant and a drop of cedar in the base.

This starts out kind of in cough syrup territory, but fear not!  Then again, you might not get that at all.

I decided to compare it to the very first brew of Special Delivery because I think that's the version which has the most cherry-ness to it.

In the drydown the cherry is still center stage, of course, but it had evolved into more of a fresh cherry to my nose.  The chocolate surrounds it like a creamy-smooth pillow.  It doesn't have as much of a candied vibe as Special Delivery.  This impression remains, it's pretty linear much as Lemon Buttercream was on me.  I get a bit of the red currant later on, which basically bolsters that tangy cherry quality.

If, like me, you love having ten different versions of chocolate-cherry in your perfume collection, then I think you will enjoy this one.  i'm wondering what this would be like layered with a rose or orchid note.

Wow! This is all cherry on me - like Ludens cough drops or Cherry Tootsie Roll lollipops. It is a bright, sweet cherry, and I'm not getting any chocolate yet (about 10 minutes in). I will update later when I have had the chance for it to dry down more. It is what I had hoped that last year's OCCO Cherry Tobac would smell like. I really like it!

I’ve had this for almost three weeks now. 

Travel shock!  Big time major didn’t make the trip happily (apparently). First time I tried it, all I got was a sharp stabby red currant. I though hmmm... I’ll give it a couple of days... then I gave it a few more. 

Then, I sighed and put it into my “I don’t really wear these” box.

But, I kept thinking about it... and eventually I had time to come on the forum more, and the reviews started trickling in for it. 

TODAY I retrieved it from its place of banishment, and it is now a glorious full bodied bursting with cherriness 🍒. The currant let go it’s stranglehold. Chocolate still hasn’t made an appearance, and I’m okay with that. Chocolate could have been fine, but, with me and my skin chemistry, it’s dicey. 

Never underestimate the the value of reviewing for the benefit of others!  

...Now  to see what kind of staying power it has. Yay!  I’m so happy. 

At first, this is the cherry in the cherry cordial. Sweet, delicious with just a hint of the chocolate surrounding it. The cherry fades pretty quickly on me, but the gooey sweetness and chocolate stick around. Super yummy!

I’m updating this from my review earlier. The cherry is fading, but now the chocolate is coming through, not overtly, but it’s present. So far a ‘good’ chocolate—so it’s turning out to be a winner on both fronts. 

I’ll see how it smells when I wake in the morning. 

I tried just a swipe of this tonight. I thought it would be a swipe-once-and-release type of situation, but not so! I am very cherry-shy, thanks to my daughter's aggressive appreciation of her bottle of Sugared Cherries. I was already feeling dirty after an hour of playing with new devil sticks in my driveway (juggling. You know, like a grown ass woman/clown) so just wanted a little scent on me. It was good! Nothing to be afraid of! I mostly got a bright fresh cherry, and I will absolutely try it again. I realize this is not much of a review, just that I expected not to like it and it surprised me, in a good way.