OCCO 2019: Lavender Buttercream

OCCOLavenderButtercream.jpg

A bona-fide customer favorite now reimagined as an OCCO! Numerous varieties of lovely lavender and fluffy buttercream with a sugary swirl of Creme Brulee, a dusting of vanilla and powdered sugar with sweet skin musk in the base for extra sexiness.

Yes, yes, YES ! This is absolutely beautiful. I got this to pair with Body Paint & it layers with it even better than I thought it would ( they are my scents of the day ). It actually reminds me of a simpler version of Body Paint. If you love gourmand lavenders, do yourself a gigantic favor & order as many of these as you can.

Omg I’m really happy I ordered a bottle of this. My first impression in the vial was that this does indeed smell exactly like the Bath and Body product version. Confession: Mara made that scent for me after unabashed extended begging on my part. And it doesn’t actually smell like what I had been picturing( smelling in my brain I guess). But I use it and have grown to love it despite that. I think largely because I love that insanely decadent massage butter formula. So this smells like an exact match and all but it’s just slightly different... in a way I have not identified yet. And it could just be as simple as being different in a different medium/carrier for scent. But even though the difference is teeny weeny I think I actually love this even more. I did get a tiny quick hit of camphor when I first put this on so the Body Paint comparison is understandable. Beyond that this really doesn’t remind me of any other LPs.

On 8/19/2019 at 3:32 PM, StrawberryKitten said:

If you love gourmand lavenders, do yourself a gigantic favor & order as many of these as you can.

Tee-hee-hee. I ordered two bottles, unsniffed! That's a first for me and I can't wait to slather!

8 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

Tee-hee-hee. I ordered two bottles, unsniffed! That's a first for me and I can't wait to slather!

Well they are 1/2 sized! And I know you. You are going to need those two and I would not be surprised if you need more. Lol. Just based on your big love for Liebchen.

I love this one so much it's hard not to slather it on every day! to me, it smells identical to Liebchen, which makes me want to roll around in it even more. 

6 hours ago, halo0073 said:

Well they are 1/2 sized! And I know you. You are going to need those two and I would not be surprised if you need more. Lol. Just based on your big love for Liebchen.

:banana058: You said the word, Liebchen. :cat690:

6 hours ago, SugarKitten said:

I love this one so much it's hard not to slather it on every day! to me, it smells identical to Liebchen, which makes me want to roll around in it even more. 

And then you said it. :beggingpleasesmiley:

I really really really hope it comes off as Liebchen on me. And I super duper hope it gets shipped soon! I could kick myself for not finding my invoice sooner, I wasted 5 good days, being a bum.  :emot107:  💤

But, it's coming. And I heard it smells like Liebchen. :cat690:

10 hours ago, halo0073 said:

It’s more wearable for me than Liebchen. But I know my pickiness on that one was rare for most people. But I like this better.

I completely agree with you, Halo. There was something about the notes in Liebchen that just didn't meld the way I expected with my skin.  I liked it, but not at all as much as Aurora or Fuzzy Wuzzy, which I absolutely adore. I just received my package today and I'm sure it's suffering from travel shock, but I just had to try this and OCCO Butterscotch. The OCCO Lavender Buttercream started out almost identical to Liebchen, but within 10 minutes or so it became a lighter, creamier lavender and vanilla creamy deliciousness. It was what I had expected and hoped that Liebchen would be. It covers the cops flawlessly.  I love this one! ❤

I haven't opened my bottle of Liebchen yet so I'm not comparing it to that, but it does remind me of the whipped cream soap and massage butter I have in the original LB scent.  It's more perfume-y in its' construction, but not in a bad way.  It's just a touch camphorous (to my nose) at first surrounded by lush creaminess.  In the drydown I get a nice vanilla musk thing happening with the base.

It's certainly something I could envision myself slathering at bedtime!

Ohhhhh my gods!  This is like a copped complement to my beloved Siamese Cloud PE!  It has that same fabulous pillowy feel, gorgeous slightly camphorous lav on a cushion of cream.  I found some bottles of Siamese Cloud just the other day-- will pair it with this and be in creamy cool lavender heaven.

On 8/23/2019 at 2:24 PM, luna65 said:

It's just a touch camphorous (to my nose) at first surrounded by lush creaminess. 

This OCCO is such a win! The early tinge of camphorous-ness that you are all getting reads as a tart berry on me. But only for the earliest stage, wet thru drydown. After that it's all dreamy and creamy.