OCCO 2019: Mocha

OCCOMocha.jpg

Get ready to PERK his interest with this enlivening OCCO! It’s our irresistible brew of numerous coffee oils, with a trio of mouthwatering chocolates and a shot of steamed milk aroma plus a dollop of sweet cream accord…mmm, perfect for a coffee date too tempting to resist!

Yes I got my OCCO sampler, yes I will post reviews as quickly as I can. Lol. Welp, this is the second one I have tried on my skin and will likely be the last for today since somehow about 1/2 my vial dumped out down my arm. Luckily I have a bottle coming and luckily I love it. I will say it’s disconcerting to smell as much of the cheesy cops smell as I can smell right now. I wear OCCOs a ton but never in this kinda amount so I’m going to do my best to review it without the cheeeeeeese factor coloring my thoughts too much. 

Okay well, first off, this is delicious!  I’m really glad that I was pretty assertive campaigning for my specific want list for this one. I’m usually not, at all. But I felt really strongly that it should be less creamy sweet and darker, deeper coffee and chocolate. True mocha. I definitely wanted something in the veins of Mistress Mine and Luna’s Sungold Mocha which are by far my two favorite coffee LPs ever. I can’t wear MM cuz of the Dom and I’m heartbroken. OCCO Mocha is definitely going to help heal that hole in my heart. It’s dark, rich, smooth and deep and still a bit creamy and a bit sweet. I think it’s going to appeal to both sides of the coffee scent coin enough to satisfy a lot of people. The subtle creaminess blends really well with that cops smell. It’s got a fair amount of sweetness but not so much that it veers into cloying or sickly territory. Not a huge morpher but then OCCOs are not really designed that way as they are simpler. I’m glad of that because sometimes I love the journey but sometimes I just want to put something on and just know it smells great. I don’t always have the time or energy or attention span to appreciate the morphers. This is sheer enough for day wear ( like a coffee date! Groan-shoot me ) but also sultry enough to wear for sexy nighttime fun. It’s really really fun and delightful. You could definitely steer it lighter or darker by layering with another LP. And if you are one that wanted it lighter and creamier, just add a bit of OCCO White or BBM! You could add a dab of LP Black or another resinous scent to take it darker. It’s so nice and versatile! Totally perfect on its own also! Well done Mara! I can literally feel how hard you worked to balance the different requests on this one.

3 hours ago, halo0073 said:

since somehow about 1/2 my vial dumped out down my arm.

I feel for you

I had a spill this morning too!!  Bunch of my tine of Cougar on my jeans and comforter - OMG I was beside myself !!!

must be mars moving into virgo 

On 8/19/2019 at 12:21 PM, halo0073 said:

It’s dark, rich, smooth and deep and still a bit creamy and a bit sweet. I think it’s going to appeal to both sides of the coffee scent coin enough to satisfy a lot of people. 

Agreed.  I was thinking it reminds me a lot of Blackstone, and I mean that in terms of the dark chocolate coffee part of it.

This, to me, is a rather definitive take on mocha, like this is the mocha you need if you really like that particular style of coffee fragrance construction.  I think guys (who are into wearing cops) might even like this if they're really into coffee fragrances because it's not sweet.  It has a bit of sweetness in it, but it's not categorically sweet as a scent.  I love it when Mara does this sort of thing, like, "This is all the (thing) that you will ever need."  And she just does it, no big.  *swoon*

Better yet, I can actually wear it without it going weird on me, huzzah!

This is really delicious!  It reminds me a bit of LP Bittersweet the way it reads on my skin.  It is a sweet, chocolate coffee, that smells great on it's own, but would be easy to layer. I bought some Warm Milk & Sugar during the sale and plan on layering it next time I'm wearing OCCO Mocha for some extra creamy sweetness. 

I took this with me to my daughter's school for some testing. It's a warm sunny day, so I sat in the shade and opened the vial and got a blast of serious yum! Wet, it was lush and creamy, and I honestly wished it was a real beverage in my hand. On me, it was sweet. And I got absolutely zero cops. But, more importantly, let me tell you how it was perceived by a 10 yr old boy. 

My daughter has a very very sweet and talkative friend named Aiden. He said hello to me, I asked him "what's happening?" He indicated that my question needed clarification,  he sat down next to me and I said "what happened today that stood out as interesting and/or memorable?" He said, "I smell cupcakes." I said, "oh, that's me." He said "no, I really smell cupcakes," and I offered him my arm. Aiden then told me that he does that too, "sometimes I wear cupcakes to school." And then he hugged me. (He's never hugged me before.) I asked if he had seen my daughter, he jumped up to go find her, but left his backpack with me. My daughter told me that he told her that I was waiting for her, except that I was dead, because he ate me. Clearly she didn't understand, he then offered that I wasn't dead and he had only eaten my arm. He then beat her back down to me, grabbed his backpack, and told me to have a good day. When running away, he spun around, waved, and again told me to have a good day. 

This stuff will will be dangerous if it effects grown men the way it captivates 10 yr old boys on the playground. 

For the record, it doesn't smell like baked good to me. Definitely a delicious mocha. But boys will interpret as delicious, whatever their frame of reference. I wish cupcakes tasted like it smells!

Had to try this first and yes, I love Luna's characterization-- this is all the mocha I will ever need!  I love coffee scents so much and they often go wonky on me but this is HEAVEN.  It's dark, warm, purring chewy textured coffee with a whisper of chocolate to keep it from turning bitter... I'm loving it solo but I bet it would also he a great layering note.  Reminds me of my beloved Titillating Temptress which is highest praise.  Love it!

39 minutes ago, Black Cat said:

Had to try this first and yes, I love Luna's characterization-- this is all the mocha I will ever need!  I love coffee scents so much and they often go wonky on me but this is HEAVEN.  It's dark, warm, purring chewy textured coffee with a whisper of chocolate to keep it from turning bitter... I'm loving it solo but I bet it would also he a great layering note.  Reminds me of my beloved Titillating Temptress which is highest praise.  Love it!

It pairs well with your Black Cat Mojo PE too

On 8/28/2019 at 6:04 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I took this with me to my daughter's school for some testing. It's a warm sunny day, so I sat in the shade and opened the vial and got a blast of serious yum! Wet, it was lush and creamy, and I honestly wished it was a real beverage in my hand. On me, it was sweet. And I got absolutely zero cops. But, more importantly, let me tell you how it was perceived by a 10 yr old boy. 

My daughter has a very very sweet and talkative friend named Aiden. He said hello to me, I asked him "what's happening?" He indicated that my question needed clarification,  he sat down next to me and I said "what happened today that stood out as interesting and/or memorable?" He said, "I smell cupcakes." I said, "oh, that's me." He said "no, I really smell cupcakes," and I offered him my arm. Aiden then told me that he does that too, "sometimes I wear cupcakes to school." And then he hugged me. (He's never hugged me before.) I asked if he had seen my daughter, he jumped up to go find her, but left his backpack with me. My daughter told me that he told her that I was waiting for her, except that I was dead, because he ate me. Clearly she didn't understand, he then offered that I wasn't dead and he had only eaten my arm. He then beat her back down to me, grabbed his backpack, and told me to have a good day. When running away, he spun around, waved, and again told me to have a good day. 

This stuff will will be dangerous if it effects grown men the way it captivates 10 yr old boys on the playground. 

For the record, it doesn't smell like baked good to me. Definitely a delicious mocha. But boys will interpret as delicious, whatever their frame of reference. I wish cupcakes tasted like it smells!

"sometimes I wear cupcakes to school."

o.0  ...I have so many questions. 

14 hours ago, greenappletart said:

"sometimes I wear cupcakes to school."

o.0  ...I have so many questions. 

He said that sometimes he wears a cupcake disguised as a shirt over a regular shirt and eats it on the sly during class. 

My guess is that he was just making conversation. 

• 2 months later...

I got almost all of the new? OCCOs (Resinate, Almond, Orange, Pineapple etc) and this is one of my favorites. They are all so fantastic. I haven’t detected a hint of cops in any of them. 
It seems no matter what you may want to layer you could be covered by one of the OCCO offerings. 
I think Mocha, and Orange Droolicious are my favorites. 
I may go look for a virgin Mocha. Not sure. So many great fun things here. 

• 8 months later...

Ok, oldsters, remember the tv ads for General Foods International Coffees, and the promises of being whisked away to some exotic, romantic destination with just one sip? Well, this is so much better than any of that. Rich, true mocha in all its glory. If you could drink it (DON'T! It won't cure The COVID!), it would be full-bodied, fragrant, no bitterness-just absolutely THE perfect mocha.