Garland Latte-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2019639974_76rr.jpg

Have yourself a yummy little Christmas...
Fans of our perennial holiday favorite Garland & Lace fragrance will get in the true spirit of Yule with our new coffee-centric variant! Enlivening enough to help you face all that last-minute shopping we’ve got your get up and Ho-Ho-Ho with this nicely spiced brew! Dark roasted and milky coffee oils over an endless gourmand delight of creamy eggnog, spicy gingerbread, and mouthwatering pumpkin pie, sure to tempt the one you want to give you a nibble…or three. We’ve got the season(ing) for your greetings so slather away!

Scent: Creamy Coffee with Autumnal/Winter Spice

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
EGGNOG ~ Fertility, beginnings, eternity, rebirth, future life, nutrition, prosperity, lessening of inhibitions, mood elevation, sacred odes.
GINGERBREAD~ Increases gold in the home, evoke a sense of family, deflect illness.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility and plenty, sexual stimulation.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
CINNAMON ~ Male sexual stimulation, passion, lust, healing, protection, energy, creativity, psychic powers.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

OMG I LOVE THIS.

But it's not quite what I expected.  It's very spicy, but then again I am All Spice when it comes to these kinds of blends.  However, I really like it because the spice mingles just right with the coffee and creamy notes.  The creamy part is not that present, in that way it reminds me of the first version of G&L (v1 and v2 were very spicy on me, v3 was very creamy), I think this is what I wanted A Wake to smell like on me.  I would even want to layer this with something creamy like BBM or OCCO White.

7 hours ago, luna65 said:

OMG I LOVE THIS.

But it's not quite what I expected.  It's very spicy, but then again I am All Spice when it comes to these kinds of blends.  However, I really like it because the spice mingles just right with the coffee and creamy notes.  The creamy part is not that present, in that way it reminds me of the first version of G&L (v1 and v2 were very spicy on me, v3 was very creamy), I think this is what I wanted A Wake to smell like on me.  I would even want to layer this with something creamy like BBM or OCCO White.

Luna, how does this compare to Lina's Latte? I didn't order the sampler and was curious if it is similar or had a completely different feel.

@Kayla and @luna65 thank you ladies!!!

I have Lina's Latte in my cart AND a FB of Garland, the only two FB's for this order, and was just about to read up on the notes to see if I was being redundant.... 

I love caramel on it's on, and I love a spicy coffee, I wear Wicked over Latte Peche fairly frequently.

Edited by Eastwood22

This collection keeps getting better and better. I don’t really buy FB’s anymore as I am SWIMMING in LP’s but I’m up to four must haves already. I never really got to enjoy the Garlands and Lace’s of Christmas pasts because my sister always got the sampler out of my packs. I wasn’t really into spicy scents back then anyway but OMGGG this is bringing back memories and I am swooning over this. I only get coffee right out of the sniffer really. On my skin after dry down it’s mostly gingerbread, cream (eggnog?) and spice!!  It’s comforting! 

Love love love it 😍 

obviously this was the first one I tried, and obviously it is incredible.  I thought I knew how good it’d be - it’s one of those that you can smell in your mind’s nose - but the reality.  I put it in and immediately said loudly “WTF.”  It is creamy sweet spicy perfection. Yet another in this collection that feels matured already.  

Edited by tyvey

• 1 month later...

This smells delicious out of the bottle, but is VERY spicy on my skin.  I'm getting all allspice all day, which is a bit overwhelming for me.

I might let this one age a bit, or try layering it with something creamy to balance out the spiciness a bit.

• 10 months later...

Garland Latte is very spicy, with the coffee giving it some darkness. The spiciness is a sweet kind reminiscent of holiday baking. I also get a bit of smokiness, but I'm not sure where it's coming from. About 25 minutes after application, there is a sweet custard-iness that must be the eggnog. The spice eventually calms down and becomes more balanced with the other notes. The long, long drydown smells kind of like a pumpkin latte. The coffee is never a prominent note, though, but is always kind of hanging out in the background. 

• 1 month later...

So I recently came back to this one and it's aged really nicely.  The allspice has calmed down and now it's just sweet, christmasy coffee.  I was almost ready to trade this one, but now it's one of my favorites.

• 1 year later...

This is such a yummy scent! I'm glad I got it during the sale. It is spicy coffee! Yum!

I applied it yesterday morning while I was still wearing my pyjama and in the evening when I went to bed and put my PJ on it smelled like pure coffee, the spices disapeared. On the skin though the spices last. Such a lovely yummy scent!

• 2 weeks later...

I only smell coffee while it's still wet, then it's almost 100% spices. So I was surprised when my pj smelled like coffee. Also, my colleague came to my office the other day and asked if I have a perfume with coffee notes. And I really can't smell coffee all that much, except until it dries down.