Midnight Rider

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2019900274_sgeh.jpg

A wild ride as the Witching Hour strikes...darker than the velvety black sky...you will find yourself bewitched by the dusky depths of oud and a smoky Arabian wood attar infusing a lush fruity mixture of juicy plum and apricot, tangy black and red currants, tart pomegranate and sweet mulberry.

(with apologies to Gregg Allman)
Well, I've got to fly to keep from burnin’
and I'm bound to roam the nighttime
and I've got one sturdy hazel besom.
But I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
not gonna let 'em catch this Midnight Rider.

And I don't own the cloak I'm wearing
and the sky goes on forever
and I've got one true ebony familiar
but I'm not gonna let 'em catch me, no
not gonna let 'em catch this Midnight Rider.

Scent: Dark smokey resins lightly sweetened with lush fruit.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
CURRANT ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
PLUM ~ Inspires & maintains love, protects dwelling against evil and intrusion.
POMEGRANATE ~ Divination
MULBERRY ~ Luck, willpower. protection, strength., luck, wishes granted, wealth, fertility.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This is really lovely on me.  It gives the feel of mouthwatering, fresh, drippy/juicy fruit with a nice base to ground it. I don't get any smoke, but it definitely has a richness to it and it lasts a long time on my skin without being overpowering. This would be great combined with EOW or one of the OCCOs!

This is lovely. All dark syrupy fall fruit.I can sniff the Smokey woodsy oud just at the edges and it lends some depth to it but the fruits are acting as both top and base notes somehow in a way that is really cool. This is sweet and still sophisticated.

HOLY OMFG! This was my first reaction after applying this to my wrists and smelling them. I then made several other comments and I think I moaned. I can't stop huffing this and then sighing. I think I just fell in love. LoL 😂  The dark fruits are perfectly blended and delicious and the apricot is incredible in this. What a brilliant idea to add that. It makes it luscious. The oud is so subtle and is what makes this deep and dark and mysterious. I love oud. I'm currently resisting the urge to start hoarding this. 

ETA

I'm wearing this again today. (My previous review was last night). It's even better today because I'm experiencing it as it's been settling and drying down into my skin. It's so beautiful. I feel like I have this dark fruit on my skin with whisps of smoke floating up around me but it's a lightly incensed smoke. It's haunting and beautiful. It brings me somewhere, (which is truly my favorite type of perfume!) but I cannot fully see it. It's foggy. I feel power in this one though. I get this image of me walking through a wooded area in the fall with smoke and incense around me and I'm wearing a flowing sort of outfit that's a deep purple. LOVE

Edited by tink333

On 10/1/2019 at 6:39 AM, missdarlyncherie said:

Reminds me of Blushing Embers from way back....

I totally get that!  It's the mulberry which makes me think of that one.

It starts off on me very berry-like and sweet against a velvety backdrop.  It then blooms so beautifully, getting deeper and somewhat majmua-like, in my estimation. I get a suggestion of smoke but it doesn't go full-on woodsmoke on me.  If you're a fan of NOX, for example, then you will want to try this one!

Luna, you make a really good point about the smokey aspect of this that I think my description lacks. It's definitely a suggestion of smoke and not heavily smokey AT ALL. For me, it's like catching a light whisp of smokey incense in the air. It's way more about the dark fruits. I'd also put it in the same family as NOX. 

Wet,  I thought “it’s jam… Evil jam.“   It felt occultish  and devious. These are not necessarily insults. It was chewy, very sweet, perhaps possessed, stewed fruit.  I felt like there was something in it that  I didn’t like, and now that I see the ingredients I know that it was oud. Still, I liked it enough to leave it on and see where it went.

As it dried down the whisper of oud went away, and it became quite straightforward dark red fruit.  Got multiple compliments during this period  of the “OMG, what smells so good?? Where is that coming from??“ variety. . 

But now, many many hours later, it is still going strong, and it smells like dark almost yellow vanilla ice cream — no, maybe even custard — with cherry or similar syrup all over it. I have no idea where the intensely creamy impression is coming from, but I’m loving it. 

ETA pherowise I feel like this would be amazing with Leather!!

Edited by tyvey

• 11 months later...

@bliss3 have you had the pleasure of wearing this Midnight Rider? Someone mentioned the Halo “Weenies,” the awesome Halloween LP releases, and I decided to play with some of last year’s scents. This is how I imagined your Descent of Persephone PE, these dark fruits, and the oud lends a touch of mystery/darkness. If you’re still planning on a PE, when Mara is doing them again, something like this but with ripe fig (or a touch of an earth accord) would really suit your theme. 

For the first hour I was wearing this, I kept wondering why I hadn’t bought myself a bottle last year, and now it’s gone. The beautiful scent of the dark, syrupy, forbidden fruit was stolen, last seen dancing away on a little whisp of smoke. I am jealous of those of you for whom it stayed!

:begging:

On 9/19/2020 at 9:01 PM, Eastwood22 said:

@bliss3 have you had the pleasure of wearing this Midnight Rider? Someone mentioned the Halo “Weenies,” the awesome Halloween LP releases, and I decided to play with some of last year’s scents. This is how I imagined your Descent of Persephone PE, these dark fruits, and the oud lends a touch of mystery/darkness. If you’re still planning on a PE, when Mara is doing them again, something like this but with ripe fig (or a touch of an earth accord) would really suit your theme. 

For the first hour I was wearing this, I kept wondering why I hadn’t bought myself a bottle last year, and now it’s gone. The beautiful scent of the dark, syrupy, forbidden fruit was stolen, last seen dancing away on a little whisp of smoke. I am jealous of those of you for whom it stayed!

:begging:

Nooo, I am bummed I missed this 😢 

@bliss3 you can always call the shop, sometimes they have a bottle or two that aren’t on the website. It might not be exactly your PE, but it might be exactly right! You never know.

On 9/22/2020 at 2:06 AM, Eastwood22 said:

@bliss3 you can always call the shop, sometimes they have a bottle or two that aren’t on the website. It might not be exactly your PE, but it might be exactly right! You never know.

There was actually a bottle up on Etsy, and I managed to snag it.  Thanks for pointing this out to me ^_^

• 2 years later...