Honeyed Pumpkin-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2019773732_r0ii.jpg

There’s nothing like a pumpkin, or an entire patch of them, to imbue you with that special Fall feeling. Our salute to this autumnal harvest features a delightful trio of pumpkin notes - lightly spiced, creamy and buttery - swirled with the beautiful golden glow of wildflower honey and honeyed vanilla, as well as sticky golden amber EO.

Scent: Sensual beeswax-y honey with warm Autumnal spices.

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

This one has a really sweet and innocent feeling to it.  The honey is not dirty at all, and there is very little spice with my skin chemistry (and I can usually detect allspice on me).  It is all yummy, sweet pumpkin and honey. ❤

OMG this is delicious!  I normally don't prefer sweet-type pumpkin scents but that honey-vanilla aspect really makes this so so good.  And as I am a fan of honey-vanilla things in general I should have known I would drool over this one.  Like, you could spread it on toast or something (NO NOT REALLY LOL).  I agree with Kayla that this honey has more of a straight-up gourmand vibe rather than the sexual thang.

ETA: in the long drydown this becomes more of a spiced pumpkin kind of scent but with a nice creamy impression underneath.

Mmmm, on me this is very delicate, more honey than pumpkin!  For something with such foodie notes it actually reads more like a sophisticated grown up scent.  As it dries, the pumpkin note deepens and the spice sloooooooowly starts to bloom.  This is almost a stealth scent on me, even as the tone gets deeper the throw is very light.  It's a wonderful contrast and I think one could get away with this in settings where normally you might hesitate to wear perfume.  Just lovely!

Absolutely intoxicating perfume. This is my favorite type of honey but I think that it is waaaaay more prominent than usual. Addictive level wrist huffing here. It has a good amount of throw for me and it lasts quite a long time. Not smutty coochie honey but still quite sexy in my opinion. Not from the honey smut factor just that it smells soooo good that it’s sexy by default. The pumpkin is in the background most of the time. After several hours after the honey fades to a wisp, I’m left with Mellow creamy pumpkin vanilla dessert like base notes. Definitely a true gourmand. And unlike most pumpkins I would wear this year round. I expected to like this as I like all the notes, but I didn’t expect to love it in such a compulsive deep manner.

Wow, this is super gorgeous. As Kayla mentioned, it has an innocent feel to me that turns surreptitiously sexy as it melds and blooms and the subtle spice starts to emerge. Although it's definitely gourmand, it's not feeling foodie to me. It wears a long time but stays sheer and elegant and I adore the way the honey is lending a lightly floral aspect. I could see this performing perfectly as a daytime scent, but also be devastating as an unexpected evening scent paired with cops. I would and will absolutely wear this all year round! Head over heels for this.

Thud.  I can’t handle this one at all.  Wet, it was a blast of fresh clean girly honey, reminding me of past honey loves like Port Jolie. But that quickly went away and now I really could just chew my arm right off.  I cannot. 

I will buy Tyvey's share. :lol: Honeyed Pumpkin is a year round pumpkin for me. It kind of reminds me of Marcy's Wheat Siren. Idk why? Maybe the type of honey? It's so lovely though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2019 at 5:41 PM, tyvey said:

No deal Beccah! My point is that I love it so much I don’t know what to do with myself.

:lol: Yes, I love this one too. For some reason, I keep layering LP Red with it. Very interesting. 

Edited by Beccah

I don't usually review a perfume on the first day I test it, but I guess we've all got to go wild every once in a while. 😜 My impressions line up with what everyone else is saying. (Woohoo for my skin chemistry being normal for once!) 

Wet, this is a gorgeous fresh honey. As it dries down it becomes more pumpkin. It's a very nice, fleshy, pumpkin-y pumpkin, not a spicy one. I get bits of allspice occasionally wafting around, but it's never the dominant note. The best way I can describe it is that it's the autumnal version of a spring time perfume. It has a lightness that's unexpected for the notes. It's not heavy at all. In fact, it's rather floaty. It's as innocent as honey can be. I think someone who doesn't wear autumn or winter scents because they find them too heavy or deep could easily wear this. It has enough substance to not vanish in a flash, but isn't loud at all. Even the amber, which sometimes does not work at all with my skin, is staying in check.

I quite like this one. I'm happy to have a pumpkin that isn't really spicy and also doesn't have patch. 

• 3 weeks later...

Oh this is divine.  I love honey scents so much.

Wet, this is alllll honey, but as it dries, the pumpkin blooms. Like the others said, it's not overly spicy at all. I love this one.

• 6 months later...

Run. Run awaaaay! You don't want ANY of this. Nopoe, nope  nopeNothing to see, or sniff, here.🤭 🤥🤥 Move along. 👉👉Move along, now. Buh-bye!.🚀🚀

Is the coast clear? 👀Yes? 👀👀Good.🤫🤫

Hello, Potion Master? May I order a 50 gallon bottle of Honeyed Pumpkin, pretty please? 😬 I promise I'll share. 😁

• 9 months later...

I just got this today and I do not regret it at all.

I knew I would love the notes altogether because it's basically the love potion base with pumpkin and allspice.

Wet it's honey and slightly soapy in the beginning and it has that freshly carved pumpkin note.

It's not the least bit spicy, just smooth creamy pumpkin that's light enough to wear year round.

On 4/9/2021 at 10:57 PM, luna65 said:

There's no patchouli in it, though.  The LP base is vanilla, amber and patchouli.

True! I was thinking vanilla, Amber and honey! Lol

It has that specific LP signature scent to it though was what I meant. It's just creamy and delicious.

• 1 year later...

I got a trial vial of this during the sale, and am kicking myself that I didn’t try it back when it was first released.  It has great longevity, the spices don’t amp at all on me (a very big deal!)   I would wear it year round.  Quite a little gem that I completely overlooked 😐