Love Potion: Samhain w/Hedione-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2067500659_1lyd.jpg

The quintessential conjuring of that special observance...when the veil is thin and anything can happen upon a magical mystical Samhain night. Evocative of Autumn leaves and earth and air, with just the slightest trace of the last of the summer fruit. Our signature Love Potion base of creamy vanilla and boozy vanilla bean, dark amber and patchouli is enhanced with notes of earthy vetiver and cedar, green leaf and hedione, fruity accents courtesy of numerous varieties of fig as well as apricot and kumquat, tarragon and ginger, with a tiny touch of honey and a spark of lemon on top. A Love Potion Variant any gender can wear!

The twilight produces the mystery we seek
when the curtain parts and reveals to us
that which was previously obscured.
Wondrous and eldritch
wandering as we will through the night and the dark
spangled above with cold glittering stars.
A swirl of leaves upon the wind
carrying the sound of chanting and the crackle of flame
what rituals and reasoning are practiced here
in ancient arts and arcane rites.
Shades and shadows are everywhere
a shiver down your spine
the very air vibrating with phantasmal promise.
Come away, come away all
and so surrender to the tenebrous grasp of Samhain.

Scent: Earthy and Autumnal with a rich vanilla base.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FIG ~ Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
KUMQUAT ~ Prosperity and good fortune.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
HEDIONE (JASMINE) ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity; powerful love attractant, spiritual love.

• luna65 unlocked this topic

This is an incredibly beautiful scent! When it first goes on, I smell the fresh greens and lemon. After about 10 minutes, it settles in to a well-blended, fruity-earthy deliciousness.  This is not typically the type of scent that I gravitate towards, but I can't stop smelling wy wrists. It's intoxicating!

Admittedly the opening of this makes me say, "What is this?" but not in a bad way, just in a way which is unlike any other LP variant I've ever experienced (and that is pretty much almost all of them at this point).  It starts out with a very clean bright herbal-fruity kind of thing...sort of like Spring Thyme, maybe?  But then, as it goes on, I get more of the woodsy thing happening.  There's a really intriguing rich depth to it, I think because of how the fruity accents are coming up against the wood/resinous notes. It is most definitely unisex - guys, don't hesitate to try this one, seriously.  However, it is probably the least LP-variant variant, but I like that it's experimental in a way.

I am wearing this again tonight because I slept so soundly last night with it on.  In the beginning, this reminds me a bit of Coquette (maybe the same type of fig mixed with vanilla?).  I really love it and am probably going to get another bottle because it is so comforting to me. 

ETA:  Plus, I am in love with the label! There is something enchanting about it, and I love the birds.

Edited by Kayla

4 hours ago, Potion Master said:

It doesn't remind you of 2007 at all?

I was kinda going for 2007, but with an earthier feel, because I personally love to wear earthy notes.

@luna65

Not really?  I think because it's not really sweet.  What reminds me of AE 2007 is the original Raven Moon.

I tried this last night at the New Release party. At first, it is very earthy, it reminded me of Haunted Hollow and Punxsutawney Immortality elixir. As it dries down, it becomes warmer and sweeter, such a pleasant surprise! Perfect for a 5 month pregnant woman 😉

This collection is killing me.  Another that on first sniff I was like “I don’t know about this one” turned out to become an obsession.  It lasted ALL DAY.  It defies tidy description. It morphed repeatedly, and I loved every stage.  By turns fresh, sweet, mysterious, and soothing.  It was almost freaky how much it kept changing personality.  Incredible potion. I couldn’t stop smelling it for 14 hours 

I don't know how to describe this one either except as my favorite LP variant so far. On me its less sweet than the others and has an outdoorsy quality, but not in an overly masculine way. I'm also getting a "catnip for men" effect when I wear this 😈

• 3 weeks later...

This is really interesting and has changed throughout the day. I fear I may almost be out of the trial and I want to experience it more, it changed so much throughout the day. I'm currently left with a smoky vetiver cedar? I'd also like to smell it on my man. Shoot. I feel like I don't need a FB, I just need more right now. Like, a lot more, and some for tomorrow. And some for my man. The more I huff it, the more I feel as though it should be on a man. This could become a situation. Does this remind anyone of Lumine d'Terra? Towards the end of the lingering?

Edited by Eastwood22

@halo0073 I shifted it to his nightstand last week and forgot about it. Just came home to him smelling delicious. It's way better on him than me. He amps woods and sometimes it's too much, but how cedar wears on him is good. It's very masculine but with a sweet note edge, I get something like cherry, he says it's something like cotton candy. How his "cotton candy" can read as masculine, I cannot explain. He's also comparing it to North Pole, even though there aren't crossover notes, other than vetiver. (I had to look it up, I can't carry scents in my head like that.) 

I hope there's more in the vial....

Tried it on a guy friend and it went really sweet on him. He didn't care for it. On my lady friend, it stayed earthier/woodier. Really interesting that it stayed earthier on us and went super sweet on him.

Edited by Beccah

• 1 month later...
On 11/4/2019 at 12:44 AM, halo0073 said:

Just get another sample. Lol. Maybe get it as one of your forum freebies next time you order.

I just knew we had this conversation about something.... glad I have the forum as a memory substitute!

• 4 months later...

For some reason this reminds me of Lure of the Siren from 2011? I think?  

They don't have any ingredients in common, but the watery character of this one is making me think of Lure of the Siren.

• 3 weeks later...

I love this, so I ordered a full bottle (oil).

One of my amusements is mixing things together. Normally I would take a few ml of this perfume oil and mix it with some unscented Pherotine oil.

But there already is Hedione...

That's why I would like to ask: does Hedione "interfere" with other pheros? 

I wouldn't say so, because hedione has a pheromone-like effect, but is not an actual pheromone itself.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's taken a year, but now my man and myself are truly in love with Samhain. He's wore a little bit of the last of his trial a few days in a row, and it just got better and better. This will absolutely be in my next order. I suggest that anyone who's waiting for their 2020 Weenies to settle re-visit last year's now!

• 5 months later...

My man wore this yesterday and it was so good that I decided I wouldn’t wear any scent myself, so as not to interfere. True story.