Pearfection-Halloween 2019

Beccah

il_fullxfull.2067529975_1c97.jpg

It is in Autumn that the pear reaches its’ peak of ripening perfection and we couldn’t wait to bring you our latest pear-y delicious concoction which spotlights both the season and the delectable aura of this somewhat overlooked fall fruit (but not by us!). We layer juicy sweet pear with further mouthwatering notes of burnt sugar and caramel, which is then surrounded by a forest-like ambiance of dry leaf accord, redwood and black walnut, and topped with just a slight sprinkle of Autumn spice.

Scent: An Autumnal aura of burnt sugar and pear on a mildly woody base.

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PEAR ~ Love, lust, passion, longevity and luck.
SUGAR & CARAMEL ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
REDWOOD ~ Protection, love, success, power.
WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
OAK LEAF ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• luna65 locked this topic
  • luna65 unlocked this topic

Because I love pear scents SO MUCH, I had to jump on this one right away.  It reminds me of more than a few things, like it's got a bit of Mistress Christmas in it, and also a bit of the original Everything Nice.  But to me it's a caramelized fall pear and incredibly delicious while at the same time entirely evocative of that Autumnal feeling - so in that way it's a bit like Gilded Season too.  

Like Lilly Singh says: IT'S A WHOLE VIBE.

I adore Fall Fruit type blends and this goes beyond just that to conjure an entire landscape.  I love this pear-y pear-y much! :D

Story time!

Last November I moved into my new home, getting out of the heart of town and escaping to the country. The past 11 months have been a delicious journey watching the trees and plants reveal themselves.  One of the most delicious discoveries was that a tree I thought might be dead flowered beautifully in spring, and last month delivered a not inconsiderable windfall of gorgeous little pears.

The deer got about half but I had enough to cook up a small vat of pear butter. The house smelled like magic for days- ripe pear and spices. So now I'm not sure how Mara captured that whole experience in a bottle, but that's what this does for me!  It's got foodie elements but the smoke and woods not only add depth to the scent but allow it to conjure the season in many dimensions-- clear blue sky with a bulkhead of grey clouds building in the west, traces of woodsmoke from the first fire of the season lingering on the crisp chilly air.  Wonderful!

This is one of those examples of why getting the sampler every month( or 2 these days) changed my LP experience forever. On paper there is NO way I should like this. It’s loaded with several death notes for me. And while pear isn’t a death note for me, it’s just not my thing. I don’t think I have one single pear perfume. That said, this smells really nice to me! It’s spicy fruity foodie with the woods and smoke in the background. So just further proof that you just can’t tell what you will like all the time just by reading notes. Great fall and winter perfume. 

Another absolutely lovely scent!! 

At first sniff I thought this was a no go right off the bat. I smelled something soapy in the background. Looking at the notes I have no idea what that could have been. But now that it’s mellowed I get it! I get it all...Caramely Smokey Peary. I still love Unwrapped as my favorite pear and still have a full bottle of that so I’ll save  myself from a FB of this but I shall slather my sample with reckless abandon!!!!

WTF AM I GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A FB SET FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER?? This is yet another home run. It’s a grand slam.  I like pear in theory but for some reason it never feels like “me” on and I can’t really get that into it.  But this one is heaven.  Wet it immediately felt like slipping on a thick cashmere onesie while holding a mug of spiced pear cider next to a roaring fire.  It was so so so cozy. 

I’m reading the ingredients and I have no idea where the leaf and wood stuff went – I didn’t notice any of that.  All day I just kept getting big pillowy wafts of smooth warm bakery goodness.  Cupcakes and such. 

As was the case with all the others I’ve tried, this one is lasting forever – 12 hours and still going strong.

3 hours ago, tyvey said:

WTF AM I GOING TO HAVE TO BUY A FB SET FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER??

I haven't opened/sniffed a single trial, nor my FB of Garland Latte, because this is my fear around this set. 

I need to see what else can go on my trade page!

7 hours ago, tyvey said:

@Eastwood22YOU ARE RIGHT TO FEAR

I have Pearfection on right now. Another want. My man repels from smoke notes on me, but it's pretty subtle here. 

Edited by Eastwood22

Caved and ordered a full bottle. Never have I mourned the discontinuation of Gotcha so deeply; this feels like it would be SO congruent!  If Pearfection is still around when a similar phero emerges would totally do a boosted spray. This is so soft, creamy, subtle and yet has such substantial presence.  

On 10/17/2019 at 5:59 PM, Black Cat said:

Never have I mourned the discontinuation of Gotcha so deeply; this feels like it would be SO congruent! 

I'm sure Mara will be on it now that the new website is up and running. Strangely I've never bought a bottle of UN Gotcha, but I have Fuzzy Wuzzy, Tickle Tickle, and stocked up on several bottles of Honeyed Love Potion when I heard that there was going to be a break in it's availability.  

On 10/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, Eastwood22 said:

I'm sure Mara will be on it now that the new website is up and running. Strangely I've never bought a bottle of UN Gotcha, but I have Fuzzy Wuzzy, Tickle Tickle, and stocked up on several bottles of Honeyed Love Potion when I heard that there was going to be a break in it's availability.  

I can't wait!  I do have a precious remaining bit of Un Gotcha, but sometimes when I am really in love with a particularly fab scent/phero combo I love just throwing caution and the budget to the winds and getting boosted bottles.  And this one just seems so perfect.... it's subtle and in one breath I get mostly spice, in another cream, in another the smokiness.  Just love it.

Pearfection is pretty dreamy! I'm sure it will be FB on my next order. I can see it also working with Lace or Audacious. Or maybe just a whole bunch of DHEAS. I've never boosted with DHEAS, but it would work here, I believe.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 6:03 PM, Vika said:

I was back and forth on whether I should get this one and I'm so glad I got it! This smells delicious! It's a cinnamon sugar caramelized pear that's perfect for fall.

I didn’t buy it in the fall, I also was waffling, but I did grab a bottle in the sale. I’ve been waiting for the “right“ kind of day, a day that feels like good old fashioned sweater-wearing fall times. Lately, everyday just runs into the next, just one day of Endless Apocalyptic Summer here in California. I will pair it with my new Gotcha when I do sense some cool fresh air on the horizon!

• 1 year later...

I do see that I’ve posted about Pearfection 4 times upthread, but I really haven’t touched it for a year. Yesterday I put some on and it smelled so good, I slathered. And then I slathered some more.

When my son got home he said “mom the whole house smells so good, it smells like your perfume, how do you do that?” I see that there’s ONE bottle of this left in the sale, someone should jump on it!

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

I do see that I’ve posted about Pearfection 4 times upthread, but I really haven’t touched it for a year. Yesterday I put some on and it smelled so good, I slathered. And then I slathered some more.

When my son got home he said “mom the whole house smells so good, it smells like your perfume, how do you do that?” I see that there’s ONE bottle of this left in the sale, someone should jump on it!

I grabbed two bottles, the reviews got to me, can't wait to try it! It sounds so yummy! 

9 hours ago, citrine said:

I grabbed two bottles, the reviews got to me, can't wait to try it! It sounds so yummy! 

You’re going to drool! It’s aged so beautifully over this past year!

On 10/18/2021 at 7:12 PM, Eastwood22 said:

You’re going to drool! It’s aged so beautifully over this past year!

I really hope so! I really look forward to getting my order, I need something good and positive right now.

23 hours ago, citrine said:

I really hope so! I really look forward to getting my order, I need something good and positive right now.

Hey! How’s your kid?!

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

Hey! How’s your kid?!

They are OK (my other kid tested positive too), mild symptoms and I hope it stays that way. They both cough a lot, their lungs and bones hurt, have mild temperature and one is really tired. 

Thank you so much for asking! ❤

• 2 weeks later...

When first applied, I get juicy sweet pear. After it dries down, it becomes like something metallic, and that's the sign I need to let it rest, because it has been traveling a lot :)

Can't wait to try it again in a week or so!

• 1 month later...

I wore this yesterday. I have to say that there’s something really special happening in the long dry down, taking this way beyond a sweet/spicy pear, think it’s when the  “forest-like ambiance of dry leaf accord, redwood and black walnut,” comes out to play.