Tonka Tobaccum w/Charisma for Men

AD-TonkaTobac_540x.jpg?v=1588371523

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
TOBACCO ~ Healing, purification, spiritualism. An ode to the Gods.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.

• 2 weeks later...

I wished that someone more poetic had written the first review of this ! But I was pretty gobsmacked when my oldest son ( 20 years old and no stranger to Mom's obsession) opened up the packaging that the NR Trial Vials for Men came in and went through them all in quick succession. While he thought Adam's Nectar was "ok", this is the one he gave several re-sniffs to and bothered to slather some onto his wrist. It reminded me of that old  Life Cereal commercial moment with "Hey Mikey ! He likes it !"  I then mention that Mara rebrewed Raspberry Chiffon, which maybe 4 years ago he stole my FB of. Boy, how they grow....he didn't want to even sniff it again. But this....he likes it ! He's an introvert so I can't report on any more specifics  ❤️

For me this is a total home run. I think this is smooth enough to be towards unisex that I can wear it maybe for meditation or when I feel alone. I adore EVERY SINGLE ingredient in this. It's as though Mara had a sit-down me and made this personally for me. Yes, it's that congruent with things I love in a man scent. Sexy, meditative, approachable, a bit sweet, a bit musky. SEXY. Also hits those parts of my brain that brings associations with camping, with sacred rituals and times spent by a fire in meditation. There is something in here that I need. Full bottle. If you're a guy reading this, wondering if women will like it.....yes !!!

:smokingbun:

This is totally a classic Essence of Male kind of scent for certain.  I don't know how similar it is to the original PE, though.  I have a bottle of the original so I'm comparing them - but Mara had to use completely different sources, so there's the disclaimer, I guess you could say.  And then there's the aging to consider but I will say that the original PE hasn't changed so much as deepened in its' primary impression.

What this actually reminds me of - for any of the guys who might remember - is Sudden Impact.   It has a dark resinous characteristic with touches of sweetness, but very masculine.  And an almost cologne-y type of evocation.  So, like a cousin to Girl Nip, maybe?  It is totally sexy for sure.

But Mark's Tonka Tabacum (which is how it was originally spelled) is a lot more like a vanilla pipe tobacco kind of scent: rich and boozy and dense.  I am an ardent fan and have hoarded my bottle lo these many years but...I honestly think that this version will appeal to a broader range of tastes in terms of its' construction.

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve been sitting on the sofa watching tv with the windows open, and I’m generally downwind from my man when a breeze floats through. This new TT is the only full bottle I bought with all the trials and I’m very glad I made the decision. All we had of the original was a little sniffle, but BF hoarded it and really loved It. I don’t know if he’d give up the last speck for a wrist by wrist comparison! For this girl, it doesn’t matter one but if it’s a match, because it’s a lovely vanilla tobacco, and it’s (mostly) all I need on a man. I’m also glad for him to have something I really enjoy with Charisma in it. Tee Kay Oh was closer to my heart than any others paired with Charisma, but it wasn’t crave-worthy, for me. I spiked his Havana on Earth with Charisma, but that is NOT an everyday scent. 

We’ve been sitting on the sofa watching tv with the windows open, and I’m generally downwind from my man when a breeze floats through. It’s so sexy! And finally a good match for Charisma that he can wear on the regular. I mean, if I get him a back up bottle!🤣

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

We’ve been sitting on the sofa watching tv with the windows open, and I’m generally downwind from my man when a breeze floats through. This new TT is the only full bottle I bought with all the trials and I’m very glad I made the decision. All we had of the original was a little sniffle, but BF hoarded it and really loved It. I don’t know if he’d give up the last speck for a wrist by wrist comparison! For this girl, it doesn’t matter one but if it’s a match, because it’s a lovely vanilla tobacco, and it’s (mostly) all I need on a man. I’m also glad for him to have something I really enjoy with Charisma in it. Tee Kay Oh was closer to my heart than any others paired with Charisma, but it wasn’t crave-worthy, for me. I spiked his Havana on Earth with Charisma, but that is NOT an everyday scent. 

We’ve been sitting on the sofa watching tv with the windows open, and I’m generally downwind from my man when a breeze floats through. It’s so sexy! And finally a good match for Charisma that he can wear on the regular. I mean, if I get him a back up bottle!🤣

That’s awesome!  I don’t feel like this scent was as robust as the original but I do feel that it is going to be a lot more wearable for a lot of guys.  Oh, and as you found out, it smells great and is a perfect companion for the Charisma phero blend.  

• 1 month later...

I have a bottle of Sudden Impact - I will have to go back and retest to compare. 

This is a very classic male scent and again a forum favorite for anyone new reading these reviews. Yes it is different as already described from the original. In this variation the amber and oud seem a little stronger giving it that deeper resinous feel that Luna described. But the tobacco and vanilla give it some sweet notes and my skin always amplifies any tonka notes so they are definitely there also. 

If you are not familiar with the Charisma pheromone blend there is a good solid thread on it. But basically it is a great social pheromone blend that goes well with this very male scent. Can't go wrong with this one!

Edited by quietguy

• 2 months later...

I bought a spray bottle of this one in the sale.  I had this in an oil and even though it did smell a fair bit different than the original but that isn't to say that it doesn't smell incredible.  I really, really, enjoy this scent in the spray.  I also enjoy this scent in the oil (a LOT) but I think I like it EVEN MORE in the spray.  It is a very classic men's scent to my nose.  I found that women also really appreciate this scent as well.  I walked into the house after shopping.  As I walked past my bride, she perked her head up and said to nobody in particular, "Why does it smell so good in here?"  It really does smell great.  

I also find that the Charisma blend is a fun and attractive blend that sort of sneaks up on people and puts a fun spotlight on the wearer.

• 6 months later...

I'm wearing this scent again today and it has aged very well.  VERY well.  It is even smoother than it was before and the tonka really comes to the fore and stays for a while.  Love it. :Emoticons10311:

• 2 years later...

In last year’s sale I got a bottle of this for my brother along with a couple of things for him. I almost didn’t want to give it him because I fell so, so in love with it. It’s a very I-am-competent and can be trusted vibe (and I’m sure Charisma for Men helps with that). To me this is just a perfect guy scent and any guy (who isn’t a family member 😬) wears this around me is gonna end up being snuggled and, and, and more 😘. Okay. Give me a minute to compose myself.

:faint:

Anyway, my brother wore this to a family thing and the strange thing is for the first time I really realized that my brother is an actual real adult. This is my younger brother and I’ve always viewed him as if he’s still that crazy little three year old. But now I’ve shifted to seeing him as an amazing grown up and in a lot of ways he now reminds me of my two favorite uncles. They are classy and give off a high value vibe. Just thought it was interesting how it seemed to change my perception of him.