GENT w/MVP

AD-Gent_540x.jpg?v=1588370101

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LAVENDER ~ Soothes/ restores body and mind. Arouses sexual desire in men, loyalty, purification, protection, healing. Third eye chakra, spiritually uplifting.
BAY RUM~ Uplifting, protection, purification, healing, memory, aphrodisiac.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
ROSEMARY ~ Intellectual stimulation, purification, love, sensuality, wards against dark forces, invigorating.
BAYBERRY ~ Brings money to the pockets and blessings to the home. Protection, control.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• 2 weeks later...

On first whiff I immediately associated this with the unisexy office-friendly scents often used in SWS releases. Even though there is no linen scent in it, my brain smells fresh crisp linen worn by a sexy guy. Think it's the MVP pheros that signal the sexy to me, as much as the bay rum. It says to me: "sure, right now I'm at the office, but if you take me home, I'll show you a different side of me!" I love LPMP tea scents; actually this line was the first to introduce me to the idea of a tea scent. It reminds me a bit of Love Potion: Tea Ceremony with a masculine sexy spin. I can see that others might associate this more towards an aqua / outdoor / sailboat setting but to me it's more close and intimate, as though my nose were already up against his short collar. An intimate sort of experience, which is a bit disorienting and magical straight out of a bottle ! Want this on my hubby ~~

For me this is kind of an intersection of things like Eternal Sunshine with the clean-green genre, it's like a blending of those two aspects I suppose you could say.  It doesn't make me think "barbershop" in the way that DAD does, but it has a similar mood.  Not soapy-clean but clean in a linear sort of way, with that certain fresh enlivening aspect which an herbal scent can possess.  The bay rum tempers that aspect of it, makes it rather more "male" in a way everyone can recognize.  It's classic guy smell but a somewhat lighter take on it.  Great for the office for sure, and I also see it as a weekend scent, like what a guy would put on when he had to go to Home Depot or something.

On 5/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, luna65 said:

like what a guy would put on when he had to go to Home Depot or something.

Yup. I read your words last night, @luna65, so when Shaun asked me to go to Home Depot today, I said "only if you wear Gent!"

• 1 month later...

@luna65 gives a very good take on this scent. It is a light "green" scent that would fit in great for the office or anytime you want a clean but understated scent. It is very lightly herbal but again as Luna says, nothing like Eternal Sunshine which both Mrs. QG and I like quite a bit. You can sense hints of the "barbershop" feel but it does not move in that direction either. It is a little understated but the MVP gives it a little extra "oomph". 

• 5 months later...

This...  smells...  INCREDIBLE.  I really can't give any insights other than what has already been said.  This smells great and has a definite barbershop vibe.  I've never really worked with MVP before but I also really like the easy alpha vibe that this gives off.