Luxurious 2020 w/Classy Dame

AD-Luxurious_540x.jpg?v=1588363189

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

TUBEROSE ~ Dangerous pleasure. Excitement, sensuality.
CASSIS ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
BANYAN FRUIT ~ A type of Fig, which shares many of the same qualities and also a few of it’s own due to it’s unique nature. Resourcefulness, endurance, rebirth, eternal life, expansion, enlightenment, desire, interdependence. Wisdom, fertility, love, luck, protection, aids restful sleep, divination. Feminine sexuality.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.

• 2 weeks later...

I compared this to the original and they're pretty much identical, and identically luscious!  I really do like this one a lot, it's such a gorgeous blending of all the components.  I am very tempted to nab a bottle this go-round...like, I don't think I'd ever be the lady who deserves to wear this perfume, but I'd like to pretend from time to time.

I am wearing this today and it is gorgeous! It's fresh, fruity, floral, and definitely sophisticated. I didn't really get into the first version because it had BI in it and I couldn't wander around with that on all day. I am going to love being able to wear this one out (after quarantine is over) and love the pairing with Classy Dame!

I'm finding this version to be a bit fruitier than the last version. I really like it. :lol: I don't think I've found anything I don't like in this collection.

• 1 month later...

I really like the fruitiness of this in the vial and how it goes on. The red currant is really nice and "bright", but well blended, not tart. As the red currant burns off, it's very perfumey, probably the most "perfumey" scent from LP I own.  It's pleasant, but I'm not always in the mood for perfumey perfume, if that makes sense?  The drydown, which I can only identify as "perfumey smell" (haha, very discerning, I know) reminds me of what happens when you take all the perfume sheets from magazines and put them all in one drawer, so they all kind of blend together. 

Can't comment on the phero right now due to social distancing, but no dramatic selfies. I'm getting a bit sleepy, but I've been a little sleep deprived lately so I think the phero is just amplifying that. 

• 7 months later...

I just retested this for the first time since I got it.  The first time I tested it, I think it was in travel shock and I didn’t get any selfies.  

I took one sniff of this and immediately felt feline. I wanted to purrrrr and put on a red dress and lean up against the bar in a film noir.  I wanted to luxuriate in silk sheets and languidly eat chocolate covered strawberries on a chaise longue.  And that is not me at all (well, except the eating strawberries part) so I know it’s the phero!

The currant sticks around longer and the scent is much deeper and more cohesive than the first time I tested it too.  The name describes it perfectly- This is the scent of a woman who goes to galas and lives in a chateau and when an enthusiastic suitor professes his love, she purrs, “Honey, you can’t afford me,” and glides away to her car, where her faithful driver Niels is waiting. 

But seriously, this is lovely. 

• 1 year later...

I loved this one so much I used it up in record time... I had never tried Classy Dame before and I must say I love how this phero worked for me and around others. I love this version more so than the original because it was bursting with fruit.  I love this blend so much and hope it comes back again sometime in the future...