Posted (edited)

AD-Haru_540x.jpg?v=1588361553

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

CHERRY BLOSSOM ~ Education, feminine beauty, love, transience of life.
HIBISCUS ~ Induces lust/lustful cravings, enhances beauty, attracts love, divination.
TEA ~ Invigorating, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting, lust. Riches, courage, strength.
WHTE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Edited by Beccah

Posted (edited)

Now that I've fixed this.... Haru is the best cherry blossom scent I've ever sniffed. This may be because I really love hibiscus. 

Edited by Beccah

This is definitely a different dimension on cherry blossom, and the hibiscus is nearly equal an element in the mix.  It's really interesting because it has more of a fresh evocation to me.  Normally I prefer fairly intensely sweet types of cherry blossom fragrances (Mysteries of the Orient is my favorite) but I like how this mingles that dense quality of cherry blossom with the airy/fresh aspect of the tea and hibiscus.  It makes me think of another scent from...last year?  The year before, maybe?  Gah, I can't think of what it was.  Not, like, exact, just a similar spirit.  In the long drydown, the cherry blossom part comes through with a familiar weight, but softer overall than previous types.  And I especially like that there's no soapiness.  So this is a really nice floral blend for Spring/Summer, I would say.

This is definitely a new take on cherry blossom. The hibiscus and tea make it much fresher than your typical cherry blossom scent. It does read a bit soapy on me during initial stages. Long dry down gets softer and a little more cherry blossom-esque. Really really softens up but also fades fairly fast on me. Very nice freshly showered skin scent.