Sign in to follow this  
Beccah

Fleur de Nuit w/ Leather

AD-FleurNuit_540x.jpg?v=1588360520

Artwork by Barbara A McVey

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:

ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
OUD (Agarwood) ~ Love, aphrodisia, spirituality, health.
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
OAKMOSS ~ Luck enhancing, financial success, protection, charity. Parental and unconditional love.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

Many loyal fans of our Crayons Collection: Carbon Black fragrance have pleaded for its return and we now present a variant of that dusky favorite, so mysteriously enticing, a flower which fully blooms within the heart of the night, with secret delights known only to those curious enough to venture into the shadows...black and velvet orchid oils, black musk and black amber attars, Arabian oud, civit-type honey and animalic musk wrapped within a dark resinous wood blend and a plush layer of oakmoss and powdered sugar. The perfect pheromone blend for this scent was selected: our exclusive LEATHER mix. Clearly “alpha” in signature, but they’ll be no mistaking you’re all girl underneath the dominant exterior! 

Carbon Black is in my top 3 LPs, and I have two bottles that I cherish 🥰

This is very similar. I will have to do a side-by-side at some point,  but Fleur de Nuit feels a little more “sparkly”. Leather is my favorite phero, so I definitely need a full bottle of this! I love it!

Since this is a variant with different sources I'm treating it as its' own thing.

This starts out very softly resinous, but totally dark.  In that way it reminds me of Spark in the Dark - like it's a similar concept.  And I like that aspect very much, that it is deep dark notes but made so velvety, because as much as I'm usually in favor of those kinds of things there are times I feel overwhelmed when I actually smell them.  I always love the idea of dark resinous musky scents, but sometimes the actuality is not my thing.  But this is totally lovely, aaaah!  As this wears on me the orchid slowly emerges, but it's not particularly prominent, just one thread among many, and that's fine as the whole is utterly harmonious.  It becomes rather more perfume-y but not in a bad way, more like a sophisticated high-end fragrance thing.  I feel like I would wear this as often as I do wear Carbon Black, like when I'm in the mood for something dark; and I do enjoy florals crafted in this way as well, sometimes.