Pink Pearl

Beccah

AD-PinkPearl_540x.jpg?v=1596397875

MAGICKAL MEANINGS OF INGREDIENTS:
WATERMELON ~ Water magic, fertility.
ORCHID ~ Strong love symbol; beauty, refinement, fertility, creativity, psychic powers.
PEACH ~ Love. Promotes fertility, happiness, and abundance. A symbol of marriage. Longevity, wishes granted.
MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

This was envisioned as a watermelon pink musk, so I can honestly say that the peach really isn't a note on its own, it just bolsters the quality of juicy fruitiness overall.  Then again, I don't have any appreciable issues with peach scents so I suppose it is possible that if your chemistry doesn't do well with it then you might have an issue.  In my estimation, I can't even really smell it for itself.

I'm not the biggest pink scent kinda gal, but I like this a lot.  It is refreshing but at the same time it has a really pretty girly kind of quality - another one of those "summer sundress" type of scents.  I didn't even know there was orchid in this but it does really give it a lovely depth, as amplified by the musk, I think.  It's not wholly flowery, just a little more sophisticated than you would think from the description.

• 2 weeks later...

It’s hereeeeee! 🤩 My first whiff after the initial roll on is—a watermelon jolly rancher had a baby with a pink starburst! It’s this burst of fruity but just enough tart and sweet. As time goes on, I get the musk coming through the fruitiness. I feel like the musk w/ luscious fruits takes it up a notch to a sophisticated pink girly girl vibe and balances it out. I really like this! It’s very bright, playful and exudes summer feels.

• 9 months later...

This starts off with a strong watermelon burst. That burns off pretty quickly and allows the other notes to be more noticeable. The melon is still there, but I can also smell the peach. There is also something adding a bit of green to this. It's not strong, just hovering a bit on the background. Like the stem of a plant. It's very fresh, with a hint of brightness, but that greeness is what helps to anchor it. There is a watery juiciness that, even when it doesn't straight up smell like watermelon, feels like watermelon. That refreshing, cooling, hydrating aspect.

The first few minutes are sweet, but that sweetness backs off pretty quickly, leaving it more airy. There is something about it that reminds me of how when you get out of a pool you still smell kind of watery. Not aquatic, just that sense of water. After a few hours, that sense of water dries off and it turns into more musk with a little pink. It is very quiet and faint at that point, though. It's great on it's own, but I'd also like to try it layered with LP: Pinkor Sugared Berries. Overall, I'd say it is a quintessential summer scent.

• 2 months later...

As most folks know I'm a Orchid hoe and I grab everything Mara does in Orchid because this is my all time favorite note. 

I was very nervous about the Peach in this blend as Peach and my skin hate each other. Now that this blend has aged, I feel that it's a much better blend on me as the peach is just a slight note on my skin vs screaming loud and crazy on my skin when I first got it. I think because my skin amps Peach, the watermelon in this blend is very light and aquatic and I feel this also diminishes the pink notes that watermelon tends to give off. I love sweet scents and this does not disappoint, however I feel the musk tones it down and it help to tamper that feeling of having too much sweetness in this blend.  The orchid in this blend is truly the shining star and it really makes this blend so exquisite and magical.  To me the orchid is like the note that brings all of the other notes together and just makes it a fabulous summer sweet pink scent to wear on a carefree day of fun and sun.

• 4 weeks later...