New Releases for SEPTEMBER 2008

Potion Master

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AD-AuraArmor.jpg

Our class at Mikomicon crafted this potion for Protection (gentle, nurturing, loving protection) and attracting Good Luck. It is based around Oak Moss, Bamboo and Heather, rounded out with notes of Sandalwood, Amber, Vanilla and Honey. It does indeed have a soft rainwater-like scent. Gentle and beautiful, it will certainly inspire people to treat the wearer with gentleness and inspire protective feelings. This potion can be worn by both males and females.

Oak Moss: Luck, success, protection, power.

Bamboo: Protection, luck, wishes, water magic.

Heather: Protection, peace.

Sandalwood: Love, protection, calming.

Amber: Luck, love, success.

Vanilla: Nurturing love, comfort.

Honey: Happiness, fulfillment, wealth.

AD-FirstBite.jpg

We whipped up a second potion at the end of class, which is right up our alley here. An edible-smelling yummy, based around Currants and Chocolate, Vanilla, Honey, and tiny drops of Amber and Orris Root. Those of you who enjoyed Esmeralda's Pink Emerald and Sea Monkey's Fae blends will like this one too!

It's youthful, happy, flirty and fun - not to mention delicious!

omg I really don't want to miss out on the new private editions but I don't want to be a pain with more bottles on my list!! :001_tt2: would it be ok anyway? I understand if not hehe i think I'm gonna need Mara to send me what she knows is my list now though cause I'm not sure if she does, don't want to order something that's gone already, I'll email her in a bit I guess.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Thanks Curiouschic for asking about my viewing problem and thanks to IvoryPixie for the sweet offer to email me the pix..but I went over to my kid's computer and was able to see everything there. :001_tt2:

The label for "Bohemian Life" is gorgeous..both male and female versions. The scent sounds nice too!

I am definitely going to order Native Soil.

Carpe Noctum and Love Potion 31 also sound neat.

Edited by blupest

OH WOW! I see several that are calling to me!!

I guess I'll be ordering the sample pack for this month, because I just want to try all of them......but I'm pretty sure I'll be needing bottles of Potion 31, Soul Food and either Native Soil or Carpe Noctum.....

yeah....I'm screwed........ ;)

Any idea when I can start ordering the new releases. I'm opting not to do the monthly sampler this month and going straight for some bottles hehe :) .

If you search for the new releases they are in the store already ;)

OK, so what is everybody getting? I ordered a full size of Native Soil.....I've been wanting that one for a while, but the original sold out.....this is my chance.....sounds like it is right up my alley! I also got samples of Soul Food and Carpe Noctum.....oh, and the backup bottle of CFM the lovely ladies were holding for me.....

This version of Native Soil is *Darker & Spicier* then the original, such is the nature of the soil!

Two of the main ingredients are very hard to get, I have waited years for them, and, on this occasion that I finally have them, they are darker. I hope you like it.

Carpe Noctum is like Dark Vanilla syrup, spiked with clove and a very dark musk. It really takes me to the Essence Of Night.

Potion 31 story?

I love carrot cake, had some awesome accords Mara and I have been futzing with for a bit-and Carrot Cake, frosting with Pink sprinkles, and and nice drinkie in bed with the boy..........

Oh, wait, I got sidetracked, (hehehe) Halloween is my night, as all probably know, I'm a Halloween baby, (veddy close) and a raging Scorpio-so it's appropriate.

Halloween Moon~

I have been working with two very awesome musks for MONTHS and MONTHS tweaking them, and I wanted to do a pumpkin musk for a while-I have had these on the books for ? two years? perhaps.

It's an Halloween Potion, magickal, sexy, and very different.

Ok-that's all I am going to say about these, now, it's up to you.

Love you all!

SG

I'm so terribly picky with scents, so just samples for me. I bought Mummy Chunks, La Vie De Boheme for Women, and Potion 31. Now I'm thinking I should have picked up a Carpe Noctem.

I just can't get into any scent that's predominantly flowery, musky or herbal. I like them in theory, but they just never work for me in practice.

Edited by ariadne

Halloween moon has pumpkin and spice, BUT it is NOT a "pumpkin pie" fragrance. As I said earlier, it is VERY different.

If you are looking for something more IN YOUR FACE THIS IS PUMPKIN PIE WITH OTHER STUFF, then perhaps just get a tester and see if you like it.

*I do have another Pumpkin Pie fragrance in the works tho*

Hope that helps

This version of Native Soil is *Darker & Spicier* then the original, such is the nature of the soil!

Two of the main ingredients are very hard to get, I have waited years for them, and, on this occasion that I finally have them, they are darker. I hope you like it.

Carpe Noctum is like Dark Vanilla syrup, spiked with clove and a very dark musk. It really takes me to the Essence Of Night.

Potion 31 story?

I love carrot cake, had some awesome accords Mara and I have been futzing with for a bit-and Carrot Cake, frosting with Pink sprinkles, and and nice drinkie in bed with the boy..........

Oh, wait, I got sidetracked, (hehehe) Halloween is my night, as all probably know, I'm a Halloween baby, (veddy close) and a raging Scorpio-so it's appropriate.

Halloween Moon~

I have been working with two very awesome musks for MONTHS and MONTHS tweaking them, and I wanted to do a pumpkin musk for a while-I have had these on the books for ? two years? perhaps.

It's an Halloween Potion, magickal, sexy, and very different.

Ok-that's all I am going to say about these, now, it's up to you.

Love you all!

SG

:lol: you done good SG ! I missed out on the "treats" LPMP offered in '07. um.... tells more about the boy.

liz :)

I decided to buy blind a full size of the Native Soil. I HAD to buy the month sampler pack! I'm so excited. :J001:

I decided to buy blind a full size of the Native Soil. I HAD to buy the month sampler pack! I'm so excited. :J001:

Me too.....I bought a full-sized bottle (completely unsniffed) of Native Soil.....I couldn't resist!

If you like spicy dark resins, then I think you will love this version of NS.

OOOOH, I can't wait.....the darker the better for me!

I had Mara put a native soil on hold along W/Aura Amor.

I had already placed my order for a Sept. sample pack

and for a custom sugared scent, so i'll have to wait a couple of weeks

before i can place another order . Now im thinkin i need to get soul food

and maybe carpe noctum :lol: ,they all sound yummy i cant decide!

AD-Hexen.jpg

A fiery tincture of ginger roots, leaves, and other secret treasures of the Earth...its powers of healing and renewal, prosperity and proliferation, known only to the town wise woman, who brews her concoctions under the light of the full moon...

This one sounds great. Also "Native Soul" but this one I have a feeling iam really going to enjoy. When it comes to Halloween which by the way is my favorite holiday, the scents that really accomany me the best are earth type, leavy, etc...scents. Iam not to much into the sweet food like scents but this one sounds amazing. Might even get a big bottle of it. We'll see after I try the sample. I cant wait to get my sample pack. :lol:

AD-CarpeNoctum.jpg

Sexy, sultry, deep and dark. Seize the night with someone you love!

Darkest vanilla mingles with top notes of clove and sweet black musk. Dark woods and sweet sandalwood complete the deep dry down.

Oh wow this one sounds really good too. Also a possibly big size bottle buy..hehehhee. I havent even gotten my sample pack yet but iam already narrowing it down to which once I think I might want in a big bottle size. :banana135:

If you like spicy dark resins, then I think you will love this version of NS.

Ooooh, I'm with Dolly on this. This was the ONLY one I jumped at for a full bottle. The others I will have to test out, but I'm convinced I will be super-sizing others.

Wow . . . I can't wait to try this. I'm a big fan of the original, actually, and have a whole bottle. I think I mentioned in my review just how much I enjoy it, especially layered with dark berrylike scents to add a little touch of sweetness. And the boyfriend is crazy about it . . . I was all about trying the new one anyway--I put in my sample order the minute the scents went up--but cripes. This sounds fantastic.

Oh vanilla, how I love thee . . . Another I'm just itching to get my hands on.

Last year the September releases were my favorite package all year, so I've been stalking the site religiously for, oh, about two weeks. Now my order has been processed, and that package is somewhere on its very long trek across the country . . . I just had to come in here and share some of the excitement. :dreadlocksnaner: