Seamonkey's Musk in the Pixie Dust

Karmiel

Just got my box today!!

At first it was really sweet, kind of reminded me of flavored/scented lip gloss. But after rubbing my wrists together and waiting a few seconds, it became warm and musky but sweet. It's girly and flirty, but an older girly and flirty. Until now I've never been a sweet scent person, but this is delicious! :lol: . The sugars and musk go very well together. Definately putting another bottle of this on my wishlist!

omg, this one has caught my eye! but dang! why couldn't there be samples?! *sigh*

Sorry guys, I'm so retarded, I posted the same post twice, deleted it!

Edited by esmeralda

Sorry!

No samples for custom editions, because there just isn't enough.

We weren't even going to offer them at all, but we thought people might like them.

Samples require large amounts, and tons of work to do, so it really doesn't make any sense.

The only thing I can suggest is a small decant circle, or splitting a bottle two-three ways.

Thanks!

SG

Sea Monkey's Cocoa Fae - 1/3 fl.oz.

The sweetest Fairy Floss cotton candy sugar blended with a delicious light chocolate. Mmmmmm!

Oh-just a note, I wore this out on a rare day out. He he he!

I got:

Bumped up in line three times, over people who had been waiting an hour.

Discounts that I was not entitled to, (what a sweet guy! He gave me HIS dicount card!)-Discount on a moisturizer I wanted to try, they gave me a nice discount!)

Hugs from my nail tech.

I smelled good!

Sea Monkey's Musk in the (Pixie) Dust - 1/3 fl.oz.

A gorgeous blend of Fairy Floss cotton candy sugars and Egyptian Musk. Sweet and delicately, divinely musky!

Sorry!

No samples for custom editions, because there just isn't enough.

We weren't even going to offer them at all, but we thought people might like them.

Samples require large amounts, and tons of work to do, so it really doesn't make any sense.

lol, don't be sorry :abfx:

Ah ok, yep, you're right, it does sound like a lot of hassle for a few bottles lol

• 3 weeks later...

My bottle of this arrived last night - Yay!! I know scents need to sit a while and meld, but I couldn't resist!

On my skin it smelled SWEET sweetsweetsweet. OK. There's the candy floss. I waited for the scent to warm up & the musk to come out, but it never did (I think). I have a feeling that this need some curing and the musk will come forth.

I wore it to work today, just to test it some more. It remained mostly sugar. Maybe I'm expecting something like Sugared Musk - sweet but still heady? I know that my old samples of the Sugared resins are much different now, so I'll give this one some time.

(Also, I brought Sugared Nag Champa with me to work, just in case I needed something different. What a combo! Musk in the Pixie dust is going to be a lovely layering scent!)

eta: It's been 3 weeks now and the sweeeet has mellowed. It's still pink sugary, but the musk comes through and it's more balanced.

Edited by court jester

• 2 months later...

Musk in the Pixie Dust

In bottle: a fruity, almost melony sugar. It reminds me of Sugared E-Musk, but pinker.

On skin: fruity melon-scented sugar, a touch of candy floss, some strawberry sugar, some white sugar, and Egyptian musk. This is very pretty! It’s a sparkly scent, bright and sweet and playful. Once dry, it gains a more strawberry-scented smell, like strawberry lollipops. This smells just like pink crystals of sugar-a rush of sweetness and candied fun! The musk is gentle and skin-scented, very subtle, if anything, it seems to ground the sugar a little. The scent then settles into a really pretty sugar scent with a base of gentle musk. It’s a pure pink sugar scent but it’s not cloying or too sweet-nor is it too sour like some of the strawberry sweet scents can get. The only thing is that this smells identical to Sugared E-musk on me. I already have two bottles of that so I’m not sure I need this one. But I still think it is lovely and I like the way the sugar and musk elements are blended.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this one! I captured two bottles before it was sold out. It is a beautiful cotton candy with a soft sweet musk. It makes me think of the state fair. The cotton candy is not an in-your-face sickly sweet. It is more like the smell of soft pink fluffy cotton candy wafting through the air as you walk by the kiosk/stand at the fair. The musk is beautiful and soft. This is perfectly blended and balanced. It is a wonderful layering scent. My favorite combo is this and Aura Armor. It makes me feel safe, happy and warm inside. Like snuggling inside a cozy blanket in front of a raging fire.

I say bring this one back as a regular edition!

• 1 year later...

I wore this yesterday (the new release from my sampler) and applied just a bit before work (along with a few spritzes of Open Windows). Before I left for the evening I re-applied generously, and as I was leaving the receptionist asked if it was I who smelled so good. I told her yes, and she asked what it was. I told her and she looked at me (lustily?) and said "Mmmmmm, you smell DELICIOUS!!" I don't know if the Open Windows had anything to do with it, since I had re-applied that as well, but this is officially my first LP Girl-Hit!! Woo Hoo!!

First of all, here is my original narrative which I decided was too long, but also maybe something innocent was more appropriate.

Musk in the Pixie Dust

This is primarily a strawberry musk on me, but it's got this gauzy sugary aura after a while, it does give an impression of sweet skin which does well enough on its' own, but you could layer it with something else if you desired. It's light enough for a really hot day, but also sweet enough for any time. It's one I think you could wear around just about anybody and offend no one. It's perfect for all ages too.

Edited by luna65

Ohhh,Luna,I liked that...

"that a kiss instilled within them a desire beyond what the world had to offer" ... <long wistful sigh>

• 3 months later...

My pink sugar taste sounds identical to yours & I adore this one. It doesn't have the sharpness/angularity that Fairest & LP pink 2009 had on me. Sweet, wears close, the way it's pink sugary is more sexy than little-girly.

Also fyi the strawberry doesn't read very "BERRY" on me- just adds to the sweetness and pinkness. As I noted elsewhere this actually feels (and in fact somewhat and somehow even smells) on me more like lp silver than anything else- a similar quietly sexy fruity sparkliness.

My pink sugar taste sounds identical to yours & I adore this one. It doesn't have the sharpness/angularity that Fairest & LP pink 2009 had on me. Sweet, wears close, the way it's pink sugary is more sexy than little-girly.

Also fyi the strawberry doesn't read very "BERRY" on me- just adds to the sweetness and pinkness. As I noted elsewhere this actually feels (and in fact somewhat and somehow even smells) on me more like lp silver than anything else- a similar quietly sexy fruity sparkliness.

I would agree with Tyvey's breakdown on this one. It does not have the sharpness at all just soft candy like pink candy and musk. Yummy

I am glad I saw this posting,it reminded me that I have a sample of this in my "to try" area ;) ...Gosh,this is just so sweetly dreamy on me,I really like it and can understand why it was brought back as a favorite PE release.Mmmm,I am getting those good wafts that bring a smile,gonna go put on some more :)

• 1 month later...

I'm really enjoying this one... MMM... its SWEET... It really reminds me of pink sugar cotton wool... It's yummy!!!! im sniffing myself every 5 seconds!!! It's SO DELICIOUS!!!! :banana038:

I have no idea why... but afterawhile... the scent reminds me of watermelon chewing gum!!!! YUMMMM... me in loveeeeee......

• 2 weeks later...

I got a compliment wearing this with lady luck from my mum :D She said i smell sweet and it smells good :):):)

I really LOVE this. It makes me happy wearing it :):):):) I just wanna BATH in this stuff....

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...

This is pretty and soft. I agree with Bumbob that at a certain stage this scent smells like watermelon chewing gum. I suppose it is the strawberry that's making us think that way.

• 2 months later...

Wore this with UN Lace to work today. Very soft and light scent. I decided to refresh by running the dip stick on my hair a couple of times.

I ran into a 14-yr-old student whom I have spoken to once. She came into the washroom after I did and when she left her cubicle, she asked me if I could smell anything. I got a little worried and ask her what kind of smell. She replied " Candy, something very sweet and nice". I told her that it's my perfume and it's not a commercial scent as she wanted to know what brand, etc.

Well, my first hit by a student at school! I think the bottle I ordered is likely to go to my son who has been looking for a strawberry-based perfume to replace the GGG strawberry PE sniffee which he uses on his soft toys.

• 2 weeks later...