La Vie De Boheme

Mmm Ilove both of these, but is it just me or are two to simular but different? the description doesn't give specifics for the two. Well maybe it's jsut my imagination but the homme smells great but darker and less sweet than femme, there's a a definate dark coffee maybe nuttiness to it and maybe it's also the bitter orange that I'm getting, very sexy art teacher hehehe....

the femme smells sweeter to me and i think it's the vanilla giving it a slight coconutty vibe but not coconut straight on. It's less dark.

I love them both ... does anyone know what would happen as far as affects go if a woman wore a intellectual man? would it be weird?

Well, you might get a little crabby from the none, possibly; and there's always the possibility of confusing someone with your chemical signature, but if you don't have any adverse self-effects I don't know if it would be a bad thing. All you can do is try it out and see what happens.

Ok, I am completely addicted to this one. I have ordered two bottles! It is sexy and smart and different. Coffee with a sweetness and a smidge of dark chocolate and a bit of biscotti. If you havnt tried this you MUST! I'm in school this weekend and am getting deferential treatment as far as intellectual issues go! I cannot quit sniffing!

In the bottle (femme version), I smell coffee and vanilla with a smidge of coconut. Immediately after application the coffee scent comes to the forefront on my skin, but after a while it turns into a vanilla smokiness somewhat reminiscent of Demeter's Bonfire (but with much more depth and staying power!) I haven't tried Sugared Bonfire, but I wonder if the scent might be comparable.

I love that lingering smoke smell that sticks with you and your clothes for days after a nice autumn bonfire, and this scent reminds me of that.

OK, I am testing this one this morning......I can't speak as to the pheros in it, but the smell does remind me of a higher-end coffee house. Wet, I get straight cappucino.....strong but with creamy undertones.....as it dries, the coffee notes fade to the background, still there but not as prominent......then, the biscotti notes start emerging.....sugar, almond, a hint of chocolate.....this one is very nice as it morphs on my skin.....I'm personally not too much into foody scents, but this one is nice.....think I'll keep my sample!

Edited by Dolly

Holy! In the vial, I smelled somesort of strong coffee and I was like hmm...interesting! I didn't test it phero-wise either

This one is interesting...I get straight coffee coffee coffee and something "minty" in the background. But it has an incredible throw! In the dry down, I get chocolate and something marzipan-ish. Reminds me of Italy for some odd reason!

Hm... I get the coffee, but not as strongly as others, I definitely got something citrus, had to check the ingredients, wasn't sure if I was trying the same frangrance, AA HA ! bitter orange ! I like it !!

• 2 weeks later...

Confession: I don't like coffee. The drink, coffee candy, whatever. The smell isn't so bad, but the idea of smelling like coffee makes me recoil a bit.

That said - this is absolutely scrumptious! I smell like coffee ice cream - wheeeeee! I can smell the chocolate and what must be the bitter orange. And the Intellectual Woman? I'm a newbie to pheremones, but can feel a difference, like I'm clearer, able to speak more clearly, listen more closely & have an easier time interpreting things.

This just might be a bottle purchase! (For Her - haven't tried For Him yet).

• 2 weeks later...

La Vie Bohéme is a hit with me. I am a little cautious about coffee or cream or chocolate scents. They can go sour on me. But this is delish and stays that way. Not much throw for me, but it does keep wafting up from my chest. The slight bitterness of the coffee is I think a perfect compliment to the slightly metallic smell of the pheromones (to me they always seem like a sharp metallic edge). And then there is a "dry" cream scent below.

Mmmm. This may be my next bottle purchase. Must get DH to try the Homme version...

• 3 weeks later...

I love the idea of this although I have to say I wasn't immediately motivated based on the pheros because I am the brainiac...or at least that's how people perceive me in life, so I thought redundancy much? :D

Anyway, I also love coffee scents, so finally I sprung for the pair and...

Homme: OMG this smells so good, I can't wait to demand to dab this on my OTL (without telling him what it smells like because he detests coffee) because I'm hoping the fragrance itself lasts longer than it did on me. After about 10 minutes all I could smell was the IM blend, which is just...*purrs* Yeah.

Femme: This is more biscotti than coffee in the scent - it sort of reminds me of Arcana's La Befana - and interestingly enough I can't really sense the IW blend on my skin (I can smell it in the vial) so I shan't be afraid to slather to see if there's either an intensified focus or a different reaction.

I wore this over the weekend. A woman in Lowe's (yeah, we were hardware shopping...) stopped, took my arm and said "You smell so wonderful!". I was forced to agree. DH was particularly flirty as well, and kept telling me how good I smelled and bein' all handsy. I got lots of surrepticious glances and smiles, but then this is a friendly little town.

Today I am wearing it at work, and everyone seems in high spirits - not party-crazy but smiling. 3 clients visiting one of the building tenants have decided they need to poke their head in my office and chat a bit. DH picked me up for lunch and commented that I seemed very "serene". Hmmm...could be the IW workin'.

Good reports ladies.....I haven't had a chance to test the phero effects of mine yet, but I SHALL.....in due time.....

• 2 months later...

I have a sample of this, and I wore it to work the last couple of days. I really like the scent, I get a strong coffee and vanilla scent from it, which is fine with me since I like the smell of coffee but hate the taste LOL. Other people commented that they smelled a more sweet caramel-type scent with a coffee undertone. As far as the pheros go, I didn't see anything sexual from it, but people around me did seem to cooperate better, and listen to each other and me. That was nice! I may try this a couple more times and if it goes as well, order a big bottle. :)

As far as the pheros go, I didn't see anything sexual from it, but people around me did seem to cooperate better, and listen to each other and me. That was nice! I may try this a couple more times and if it goes as well, order a big bottle. :)

That's a typical reaction for IW, I believe - it's not meant to be a sexual phero blend.

• 3 months later...

I keep forgetting I have an interesting report for the Homme version.

Now when I first sneakily tried to dab this on Quince it seemed he could immediately tell what it was, scent-wise:

"What is that?"

"It's biscotti."

"Let me smell it."

So I did and of course I got the paddle for trying to trick him, despite my assertions that I wasn't actually lying. :alien_dance: But then I explained how the phero blend was supposed to work and he said I don't need any assistance in proving my brilliance which is entirely true, but...I said, You never know when it might come in handy in a pissing contest.

And then the conversation got rather hilarious after that. :001_302:

So then a couple months ago we had a dinner date with a friend and colleague of his who was passing through on his way back to Ojai and they were having their usual argument about something in their particular vocation...now knowing we were going to have dinner with this guy Quince allowed me to slather him with Homme just to see how the other would react (the guy is a sweetheart but notoriously stubborn about certain things). At one point during their conversation Quince leaned across the table and was about two or three inches from his friend's face, very calmly but insistenly stating his opinion and miracles of miracles the other backed down, in a sense, saying Quince was crazy but he wasn't going to go round-and-round about it anymore (and trust me, those two can go on for hours about one freakin' thing). I had to put my hand over my mouth because I was ready to start giggling. About an hour later we said our goodbyes and Quince and I came back to my house and he conceded to my wisdom by kissing my feet...merely symbolic, of course, but it's the ass-kissing which followed that was the best part.

:lol:

Edited by luna65

About an hour later we said our goodbyes and Quince and I came back to my house and he conceded to my wisdom by kissing my feet...merely symbolic, of course, but it's the ass-kissing which followed that was the best part.

:)

This is certainly the most valuable testimonial for an "intellectual" blend I have ever read. Kissing of body parts = manly intellectual exercise. :lol: Got it.

I just ordered this and it sounds so yummy-can't wait to get my order! My poor little credit card is going to need a break or its time for an intervention!LOL!

• 4 months later...

ok, i ordered a trial vial because i wanted to try the pheros, but wasn't sure about the smell. but, i was wrong, it is not coffee, but coffee house. at first, it smelled like i dipped a biscotti in some coffee, but that died down and left more of a chocolatey smell...hmm, rich. and the pheros worked, too. i got a lot of people asking for my input and kind of a mellow vibe around me.

This was the first LP I tried. I borrowed a sample from a girlfriend (who borrowed it from her sis..oops.) of mine and wowee was it incredible!

I think it was particularly effective because the sort of aura it gave was so appropriate for my own sort of lifestyle at the moment,so I was comfortable with the pheros/perfume. It is difficult to describe; the biscotti and coffee took some time to come out on my skin but I couldn't stop sniffing myself for the entire day, and it created a sort of mellow aura around me. I felt much more relaxed and friendly. :)

Wore this in Paris in a boho area when I was out there to meet a friend. I had at least one interesting conversation that day with someone in a cafe (who I accidentally bumped into. kind of.) SO much more engaging than what i thought it would be. Smiles from many people I had any sort of contact with. aaw, I felt really great.

(Apart from this one person behind me in a queue who inhaled and then made a face as if I'd stuck my dogs butt under his nose. at least it was a delicious smelling dogs butt.)

Being a newbie to this whole thing, I wish I had ordered this before it sold out! :) I ordered pherogirl (which was also amazing..I'll try and review later) but I really wanted to give this another go. oh well. :)

La Vie is one of my all time favorites. I wore it to class during graduate school, and noticed the crowds parting if I had a comment to make. It always gets me respect and comments on the yummy smell. It helped clear my head for those morning classes too! Now I wear it if I have a meeting or conference where I need to give my professional input and want to stand out as knowledgeable. It works every time. The smell is absolutely delicious, and is very congruent for me on my days when I wear all black and have the "Freud" thing going on!

• 2 weeks later...
The smell is absolutely delicious, and is very congruent for me on my days when I wear all black and have the "Freud" thing going on!

Too cute. I can picture you in a cafe, Kafka in hand, black beret at a jaunty angle to indicate that while you are très ennui, you still have style.

I wore this (and DH wore the homme version) last night to a small dinner. I didn't think about it until afterwards, but the women all gathered around the chair I was sitting in, even placing themselves on the ottoman, and leaning in, just enthralled with our conversation...which was a mundane conversation at best. They just seemed to want to linger and hold my attention. And praising me for...complex tasks...like cutting the lasagna straight. Comical I know, but I will take all the appreciation I can get.

Of course, I love the scent. Especially on crisp winter evenings, nothing better than the bitter-sweet La Vie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I really like this, just wish it wasn't so sweet. So far, my skin is amping certain sweet notes in potions to the exclusion of other notes. I don't drink coffee but I enjoy the scent of it and this is a wonderful coffee blend.

• 3 months later...

*adore* the coffee/biscotti scent...but getting the vanilla-wax-of-doom in the drydown...and that distinctive Super for Women powdery-metal smell has been lurking threateningly in the background throughout. I didn't put very much on, but the IW (I assume) gave me a weird spaced-out feeling while wet- you know when your eyes glaze over and you just stare into space? I got that for a while. VERY odd.... I do credit it for making a generally crabby person smiley and jokey, though.

• 2 years later...

This was one of the very first scents I tried here -- in my first order I think. My sense of smell was so different then. I remember trading this one off because it was too...just too much. It smelled heavy and overwhelming. Somehow though, i think that I would like this if I could try it again.

I did purchase a bottle of intellectual woman also in my first order. It was my very first LP unscented phero. I think it was very congruent with me, and I was sad when I used it all up.