Carpe Noctum

therapygirl

Ok, I think this is my fave suprise of the new releases!! It is GORGEOUS! It isn't heavy on me, or too dark, it just is a lovely blending of the dark vanilla, the black musk, and there is a bit of something sweet or floral smelling. Very different! It is amazing! I was concerned that all the scents from this month would be too heavy or foody for me, but this has not been the case for me at all!! I have bought seven full bottles and seven more samples!! This is an excellent month!

Oh YEAH! This one is my next full bottle! It is deep and dark and rich.......on me, the dark vanilla dominates.....I don't get much clove, but I do get the musk and woods......mmmmmm.....my sweetie liked this one....he gave the thumbs up for a big bottle.

His 18 year old daughter also liked it.....she was taking a shower, and I had applied some and walked through the house. She came out of the bathroom, and was saying.....WOW, what is that smell? That is amazing!!

A winner!!

Sexy, sultry, deep and dark. Seize the night with someone you love! Darkest vanilla mingles with top notes of clove and sweet black musk. Dark woods and sweet sandalwood complete the deep dry down.

In the bottle: I get a strong dose of vanilla, rich, gooey vanilla. I worry that this will be too foody for me, but maybe the spices will come out. (I know, silly. I'll do uber spiced foody, but not plain cake.)

On, wet: What a surprise! This isn't spice but incense which is blossoming. The day is bright and sunny, but sense memory takes me to nighttime parties, with warm shadows providing the safety of anonymity, and the excitement of possibility. The vanilla is still sweet, but the musk blends with it in an enticing way, taking more towards sex than food.

Drydown: Woodsy, incensy, with just a subtle hint of the vanilla to keep it warm and sweet.

This is what I wanted LP: Black to be, dark, sexy and a perfect mesh with my skin. Not an every day scent for me, but a great addition to the tool kit.

The throw on this one is spectacular. It's as strong at three feet as it is against the skin.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a sample of this one too, after seeing a few nice reviews.

This one smells very similar to the original LP, but there's something exotic here, it's quite mysterious and very very rich. My skin amps more of the sandalwood which is nice too, reminds me of an indian temple -the temples have a distinct aroma- (i'm so weird I know!)

My mom loved it on me though!

• 2 weeks later...

I am wearing this today, and I can't stop smelling myself!!!! It is truly an addictive scent!

Dolly I have this mixed with Blatant Invitation, and it never fails me. It smells SO good I crave it!!!!

I am wearing it layered with Blatant Invitation right now......

Carpe Noctum

In vial: creamy, spicy vanilla. It reminds me of the Christmas Cookies scent, but a bit less foody.

On skin: now the woods and musk come out more and this stops smelling foody, and turns into a wonderfully sophisticated vanilla. There’s nothing buttery to the vanilla now. I love the combination of vanilla with woods and this is another good one in the genre. I am reminded of BPAL Antikythera Mechanism, except, this doesn’t have tobacco, and is a lot spicier thanks to that wonderful clove note, which adds creamy spicy warmth to this scent. Vanilla and woods and a hint of sexy, sophisticated musk. The sandalwood and vanilla are nicely balanced with the other notes just supporting them, enhancing them. The scent doesn’t change too much, it stays as a constant, comforting vanilla-sandalwood scent with just a bit of clove. I also wonder if there’s a bit of teak in here, it reminds me of other creamy teak scents I’ve smelt. This scent is dark, suave, sexy. It’s cosy, but also seductive. I am debating over whether or not to get more…it’s really gorgeous, another wonderful take on the non-foody vanilla/woodsy vanilla theme and that winning combination of sandalwood and vanilla always appeals to me.

This is my first post on here. My husband I think is the only man on the planet who doesn't like vanilla-cakey scents, but this one he liked. I could pick up a little vanilla but there was something else that he liked. This one lasts a long time on me. My second-graders ( I am a teacher) love it. Their favorite is Halloween Moon. They always want me to put that on.

Welcome Kbudish!

Thanks! It is so easy to get addicted to these fragrances!!!

• 4 weeks later...

This is the one I was most excited to try from the September releases. The art is amazing and the scent is very nice. I am enjoying it on my skin I get a rich vanilla and a touch of musk.

Sadly this isnt my favorite scent of this type on me. I enjoy it and will use this scent but the vanilla is the wrong type for me.

I am some what thinking now, that this may be a scent like nasty habits. Which I liked to start with but went back and forth with my true feelings of it. After I left it to age, what I loved about it came out even more! I think this scent might age VERY well...I will keep ya posted :001_302:

• 2 weeks later...

This was a sweet, airy, incensy, nutty, deep aroma on me. I could smell all the ingredients seperately and all at once. the throw is amazing as well as it's lasting power. This is a top 10 for me because i love it, love it :):blue_dancing_banana:

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if the sandalwood, clove and black musk in this would go badly with my chemistry, but I decided to give it a try, and I'm so glad I did.

When it dries, the vanilla is very rich, with hints of musk, sandalwood, and clove. The clove is faint, almost impossible to recognize on me, which works well for me because in certain blends clove runs the show even if it's only a minor note. I don't get any woodsy aromas or perhaps they are working to balance the musk and sandalwood because there is complexity to this scent, it's just that the vanilla is what I'm getting the most, which for me is perfect. Definitely a bottle.

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, I have to address this one again because it has become one of my favorite LP scents. It is one of my go to's when I am stressed out.(this and Holle are my faves). I ADORE the combo of the dry dark vanilla and sandalwood. The cloves linger in the background giving it a bit of depth. It wraps me in a blanket of yumminess!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
This one is really nice! It's incensey, sandalwoody, but super creamy dark vanilla makes it not heady or heavy.

Oh yeah, this is one of my faves.....I love it! I just now noticed that it was on the GGG list, so I felt COMPELLED to get a backup bottle......

Edited by Dolly

I thought this would remind me of Synchronicity - and it does - but it's actually more noticible in wear for me, thanks to the clove. It's also somewhat sweeter than I anticipated, but mostly very smooth spice and woods. The vanilla has a oleo-like quality (i.e. Sugared Vanilla Bean) but more weight than sweetness, if that makes any sense. Vanilla can be very "thick" to my nose, usually, and this is, just not overpoweringly so. This is another of those which is a nice skin scent, dark but not too deep.

Edited by luna65

I was sad this one sold out. :love:

Actually, we made an early inventory error on our part - it's NOT sold out yet. We still have 5 Bottles and 9 Trial Vials. If you go into the Shoppe section and enter it into the search box, you can order it. :)

• 10 months later...

This is just wow. With a title like Carpe Noctem, I knew I needed a bottle of this stuff pronto, and I was right! On me it comes out as a gorgeous dark musk with dark vanilla and sexy sandalwood with the murky depth of clove and something red-berry-ish in the background. It's very deep and sensuous and not heavy at all, like a velvety night with the promise of something erotic. :D I love that grinning devil don't I.

• 1 year later...