Introduce Yourself!

Potion Master

Welcome, Mtn Jim! Thanks for joining us!

I LOVE San Diego - the waterfront part, where the convention center and that darling town is, and the shipping containers and the train station and airport and military areas...you might think I'm kidding, but I'm not, I love that area. I have stayed in every one of those tall hotels down there, and watched the planes sail right by my windows, through the center of town, to the landing strip. That's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen - totally mesmerizing - seeing planes sail so close between high-rises to the landing strip, in the middle of a city. Stunning!

(I'm a New Yorker! - Technological architecture is an accustomed high, but we never see anything like THAT!)

I'm curious - what is the climate in the mountains above SD? Do you get the sea breeze? Or is it like desert or mountain weather? You're so far south, I can't imagine the weather being comfortable except on the coast.

???

Glad you've joined us, Jim! Welcome!

xoxoxoxox

M

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to all of our new members! Enjoy your stay!!

Hey Jim, I see you made it!! We do have some men here, who pop in from time to time....but the ladies here don't discriminate.....jump into the discussions.....we have a lot of fun!

I'm curious - what is the climate in the mountains above SD? Do you get the sea breeze? Or is it like desert or mountain weather? You're so far south, I can't imagine the weather being comfortable except on the coast.

???

East County (if I'm assuming his location correctly) is going out towards the desert, so it's HOT out there! The rural part of East County is almost like another world, the landscape is so different from most of the county (even in the northern part which is pretty much all rural except on the coast). M, I think you would enjoy visiting Julian (which has kept a lot of the historical ambience) and doing the B&B thing with KSBF but not in summer, you would melt!

East County (if I'm assuming his location correctly) is going out towards the desert, so it's HOT out there! The rural part of East County is almost like another world, the landscape is so different from most of the county (even in the northern part which is pretty much all rural except on the coast). M, I think you would enjoy visiting Julian (which has kept a lot of the historical ambience) and doing the B&B thing with KSBF but not in summer, you would melt!

Luna is pretty close. The rural east county mountains can get warm, but the interior valleys (La Mesa, El Cajon) get hotter than where I am (Lake Morena). That is because of altitude, 3,500 feet. San Diego County has a wide variety of climates, you start at the ocean, go through interior valleys, climb into mountains of up to 6,000 feet, then down to desert. And San Deigo County is bigger than some East coast states. I work "down the hill" in the city of San Diego, and I'm one of the very few who can call in "snowed in" during the winter. During a normal I have snow in my yard a couple of times a winter, last year, because of the drought, I didn't get any. I have a "Campo" mailing address, and Campo has an interesting history. The site of a "wild west" shoot out that was bigger than the OK Corral, and during World War it was the site of the last horse calvery base ever established by the US Army. The famous "Buffalo Soldiers" were stationed there before being shipped to Italy. Later we had a prisoner of war camp there.

And Luna is correct about Julian with it's gold mines and apples.

Yeah I live in SD County as well, but I'm more centrally-located, sort of halfway between North and South, and a bit East (inland as opposed to the coast).

In LA, sure. That's how I originally found out about pheromone use, was through people I knew in LA who used them. I was actually a part of the LPMP community before M&D introduced pheros, but when they did that was just one more reason to love them! *squishes* I've been a fan of artisan perfumery for many years now, even longer than my interest in pheromones.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kimaaa3 here. Looking for to learning from you fine people.

Hi Kimaaa3 here. Looking for to learning from you fine people.

Kimaaa3 :emot107: & :)

the gals here are the best and always willing to educate a newbie (I joined 5 mos ago). Have fun...

WELCOME KIMAAA3!!! We Have barrels of fun here! never hesitate to ask a question!

Everyone is really Cool, nice Polite, and generally has a good sense of humor!

Good to See You on our boards! I'd say more-but I'm beat!!!!

Lookin forward to yappin at ya in the future!

Much Love-Lori :020105~21:

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 2 weeks later...

Ack! I need to say hi to the new people. HI new peoples! Welcome and enjoy! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I'm from the UK, (single) mum to two girls, 6 and 3. I only just found love potions but have been avidly collecting scents for some time-my chemistry keeps changing and my tastes! Especially excited by the pheremone scents-after 6 years of baby raising I could use some help!

Hi! I'm from the UK, (single) mum to two girls, 6 and 3. I only just found love potions but have been avidly collecting scents for some time-my chemistry keeps changing and my tastes! Especially excited by the pheremone scents-after 6 years of baby raising I could use some help!

Hi Cinnamonmel,

:banana052::banana052:

Lots of great guys and gals here in our forum family, who have helped me since I joined 6 months ago. Everyone is very helpful & very, very funny! What are some of your Fav scents?

Welcome Cinnamonmel! I have 2 girls ages 5 and 2 1/2 and I feel ya on the pheros. I need some help too. I am not single technically but their dad and I have a very strained relationship and am not sure where it's going and he works out of town 95% of the time so I feel single!

Hi everyone- I've never actually introduced myself, but better late than never, right?

My name is Lisa. I'm a massage therapist/Reiki master and a woman of many talents-lol. I've lived in PA now for 8 years previously residing in NJ and CA a long time ago. I'm a single mom (my husband passed in 2002), but with much loving support of amazing family and friends, have turned this journey into a pleasant one and a great learning experience. My 7 year old son (soon to be 8 years old) is the love of my life. I am truly blessed. He is an amazing spirit. :thbf54f4bf:

I love to LAUGH as much as possible. Life's too short so enjoy it to the fullest. Hmmm...what else...I love being around happy, positive people and basically maintaining my youth as an adult. Having a little guy around makes that so easy.

Like all of you wonderful ladies & gents, I am super passionate about my perfume. Just can't get enough. My collection of LP fragrances is constantly growing and I'm sure will continue to do so.

I'm so glad I found LP - Danna & Mara are truly amazing. I hope to learn more from you more experience fragrance folks...

Namaste----

Li

Hi Li & welcome, your son is such a cutie. This is the perfect place to learn about artisian perfume and pheros. I have amassed so many

lovely scents and learned so much in a very short time. You sound like a strong, vibrant, sparkling person. You will find many fabulous new friends here!!!! :thbf54f4bf:

Yes welcome to our forum!!! I'm sorry I missed you guys as you showed up!!

We have alot of fun here and you all look like a great group!!

Lil Eden, you sorta remind me of my mom-it's a good thing-Namaste back at ya!

Make yourselves at home and again- :bananajoy::thbf54f4bf:

No reason why you should...there are plenty of people here older than you. Like me, for example. But I get that you're teasing, heh.

Edited by luna65

Good gravy dear, I didn't mean you LOOK like my mom!(Though shes adorable!!), SEE-

2009_10161Round0122.jpg

Shes makin a silly face here, but shes good lookin at 56! It was the lil Namaste thing, my mom has a guru, ect..Shes a way cool and very interesting lady.. I have better pics, I'll need to go back to my journal and post more.

Anyway--I just meant the teeny bit I've heard, you remind of her a little in spirit-and thats a very good thing!!

Hello Everyone :)

My name is Coreen, and I own Blasphemy Sugar Scrubs.

I have three daughters, ages 18, 17, and 12.

I am an avid reader, anything from King Henry VIII to Quantum Physics.

I have a very broad range of interests and so most people think I'm really effin weird. *shrug*

Asatru, Carnivals, techno, gothic, medieval, Renaissance fairres, bagpipes, men in kilts, woad, painting, sketching, physics, Unified Field Theory...lots more, lots more.

I am all about empowering women, sharing thoughts and experiences, especially with anyone who has dealt with domestic abuse. I don't usually have much time to post but I enjoy meeting new people.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE smells and I am usually up for a swap for one of my scrubs for any smells!

When I'm not making scrubs, cleaning the house, helping with schoolwork, or making food...I can be found on Facebook ADD ME!!

:)

Hi to all of our new members!! Always a joy to see new peeps come and visit with us! We can get a little crazy in here, but feel free to jump in to some discussions, try some FABULOUS smellies, and tell us all what you think!!

Ooh, Coreen, you had me at 'sugar scrub'! I'll check your webstuff out later - do you have any that are combo soap/scrub?

You sound (to me) like a Very Interesting Person...glad you're aboard! You'll find a number of Very Interesting People here, both male and female - it's a *great* little community!

Hi and welcome! Your scrubs sound fantastic Coreen!

Cheesy your mom IS adorable!

Hi Li Eden, you were here before me, but welcome anyway :magicstick:

This really is my favorite forum because everyone is so warm and fun and real.

Ooh, Coreen, you had me at 'sugar scrub'! I'll check your webstuff out later - do you have any that are combo soap/scrub?

You sound (to me) like a Very Interesting Person...glad you're aboard! You'll find a number of Very Interesting People here, both male and female - it's a *great* little community!

Hi Katz!

Actually all of my scrubs are a combo of sugar, soap, and oil...I like the all-in-one thing, makes life easier :magicstick: