Introduce Yourself!

Potion Master

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm Pirate Bumbo. Just wait 'til you smell it. Don't judge it by your first whiff from the bottle. It's so much yummier after you put it on.

I can not wait, from the description alone I'm betting I'm going back for a bottle :D Never mind the sample. :D

Guest Tarotgirl

Hi...could someone please help me unsubscribe? I keep getting emails from this forum and I don't want to.

Hi...could someone please help me unsubscribe? I keep getting emails from this forum and I don't want to.

I am so sorry about that! Some of the settings are a bit confusing for me in the admin area!

If you want to subscribe to new topics/posts, you may do so in Your Email notification settings. They are controlled from your control panel under the Options heading 'Email Settings'.

Thanks again!

SG

Hi, I'm Julie. ^_^

I was introduced to LPMP through bpal.org (because one good enabler deserves hundreds more) and have truly enjoyed my experiences both with M&D's enterprise and the scents they create. My favorite is Sugared Patchouli, but I've had to snap up several OOS bottles of varieties that I really like, and I have a growing family of samples! :)

I live in the San Diego area with my son, and besides obsessing over perfume I enjoy many pop culture pursuits (books, films, music), writing, esoteric studies, and coffee.

hi! like many others, i was introduced to mara fox thru bpal.org. and like many others, i can't particularly explain my obsession with good scents but nonetheless, it is there and my pockets are the worse off for it! i'm currently awaiting my first order: 10 samples and a bottle of sugared egyptian musk. the reviews on bpal made me do it :) all the sugared scents sound particularly yum-um, but the musky duskies? my word.

Hi everyone! :)

I found Mara's love potions at a convention like 10 years ago and have been a devotee ever since, My favorites are the Love Potion varieties and I also like watery, woody, and resinous scents. Some of my current favorites are Spider Silk, Bonnie, Secret Admirer, Suagr Rose, Mummy Stuffing, Messalina's Passion, and Betrothal. I'm really looking forward to White, and the Linnea Quigley scents!

About me---I am a vegan, and artist, and my boyfriend and I live in a lovely little rustic house in the hills above Los Angeles with 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a tank of fish. ^_^ Well, that's enough for now I think. I wish everyone a Blessed Day!

Hi everyone! :D

I found Mara's love potions at a convention like 10 years ago and have been a devotee ever since, My favorites are the Love Potion varieties and I also like watery, woody, and resinous scents. Some of my current favorites are Spider Silk, Bonnie, Secret Admirer, Suagr Rose, Mummy Stuffing, Messalina's Passion, and Betrothal. I'm really looking forward to White, and the Linnea Quigley scents!

About me---I am a vegan, and artist, and my boyfriend and I live in a lovely little rustic house in the hills above Los Angeles with 2 dogs, 2 cats, and a tank of fish. :) Well, that's enough for now I think. I wish everyone a Blessed Day!

Welcome Feather!

Was it Chiller?

Hi Sinsiter, thank you for the welcome! No it wasn't chiller, i can't remember what it was called. I think it was either sex symbols, or exotic erotic, or something like that. There were many vintage sex symbols and starlets signing autographs there. I remember Blaze Starr was there, or maybe it was Flame something, but anyways, they were Bettie Page era models and dancers. Julie Strain was there too. It was fun! Linnea Quigley might have been there too, but I think I met her at a different convention. She happens to be a Vegan too, and does animal rescue like I do. I liked her very much and can't wait to try her perfumes. :D

Hi everyone! My name is Juliette, I'm 31 years old and living in the Netherlands together with my boyfriend, 5 cats and 2 chihuahuas.I found my way here via BPAL. I love reading, walking on the beach, cooking vegetarian food and ofcourse perfume oils (and bath and body products from etailers, like Villainess, Moonalisa, MMU)! I love vanillas, patchouli, amber, mints and creamy sugary fragrances. Nice to meet everyone :D:)

Greetings all -

New to the website, new to the forum...but a long time fragrance and perfume fan...

I've just ordered a few samples, and if the powers that be can fix my goofed up order, I shall soon be sniffing:

Sugared Lilac - am a *huge* lilac fan, used to live in Rochester NY home of the Lilac Festival!

Betrothal Potion - no comment :D

The Sandman Snoozeth™ - I sleep *terribly* most nights...

Musky Dusky™ Fresh Cut Greens - a fan of green scents

and something else I've forgotten!

Edited to add - found my way here via a "Food Blog"...another pastime of mine..

See you around the boards!

Edited by katz

Indeed it was, SG! I surfed *there* from DavidLebovitz.com, whose blog is often mentioned in SmittenKitchen's blog, and well, you get the idea! I've got so many recipes printed out and waiting for me to try them, not sure I'll ever get thru them!

I too was enabled by a BPAL friend. And ZOMG, I am sooo glad I was. These scents are just so much better for me. They are fresher, subtler, and I have yet to find any wierd chemistry reactions when they hit my skin -- instead they seem to meld with my own scent flawlessly; all of them. I am in love.

Hello all! I'm contemplating my first order of samples, mostly of the Sugared and Love Potion varieties. I'm in Australia and I've been enabled via the Aussie Lush forum and the BPAL forum respectively. These blends sound amazing and I can't wait to try them out!! :o

Hi all!

I found my way here via some MUA raves some years ago, and I can only say that I wish my personal relationships lasted as long as my love affair with these perfumes! I am newly single, not happy about it, and stocking up on some ammo! :o

I'm an infrequent poster but an avid devourer of LPMP scents. I've ordered regularly for some years now. Mara and Danna are amazing perfumers! I am a picky-picky-picky girl, but their scents rarely disappoint and work on my skin like none other.

Advice to others, don't limit yourselves to just the sugared and LPs. The LE magical blends are diverse and fantastic. Looking forward to the Revenge Potion myself. hehehehehehehe

Gen

Hi Everyone!

Like many others on her, I discovered LovePotion through BPAL and Lush forums. I'm a perfume and bath and body addict! I love variety and can't seem to settle for just one signature fragrance. This will be my third order from here and I'm just loving the sugared scents. I adore all things foody and sweet.

What else about me....I live in Los Angeles. I have 2 cats and a dog who is a bit of a miracle. She became paralyzed in January suddenly and had about a 20% chance of some recovery and has recovered fully within one week! Must be the gallons of tears I shed over her. I'm a social worker--I'm a licensed clinical therapist and right now I run a day treatment program for pre-school age kids with severe behavioral and emotional issues. My program was recently on a PBS show where they show a clip of a 4 year old kid clocking me in the face about 8 times during the episode. Nothing like getting beat up by a pre-schooler on national TV! That's about all there is to me!

I couldn't resist and ended up posting before introducing myself - sorry about that, I'm just gaga for fragrance.

I was enabled by Bpal forumites as well. I found Bpal to be too "mature" for me - not that LPMP isn't - it's just that I am a youngish-looking petite girl and can't pull off scents that are smokey and incensey. I am reveling in the gourmands for now, but would like very much to find a way to do well with florals and greens and spices. I am looking forward to learning a lot from the great folks at LPMP and fellow forumites.

I live in Upstate NY, work in a library, studying to be a librarian - but wait, I am cool, really!! After all, I love the smellies :lol:

Hi! I joined this forum at the beginning of the Summer, but have just now gotten around to posting here. I'm a member of the BPAL forum and the Possets forum, and I'm Gale there as well, Gale being my name and all. I recognize quite a few folks here, so well met!

• 4 weeks later...

hello! :lol:

I learned about Love Potions from Wickedly Chic ;) and HAD to do an order :)

I got three oils that I ordered yesterday and are already being shipped wahooo! ;)

Can't wait to try 'em ;)

I'm a big fan of bpal and perfume oil in general so I'm super curious how these will be! One of the top ones I ordered that I think I'm going to totally love is "Candy Pop"! Can't wait to try it!

Anyway! nice to meet everyone hope to talk to you all soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Im new to this board, but Ive tried a few of the fragrances, so I think I can be offically called an addict.

I have 4 daughters, all of which I homeschool. I am pagan, and I let my children to follow their heart on their own paths, even though a few of the "classes" I teach them are Divination, Herbology, and Fairies, etc.

My 2 oldest are beginning to experiment with different oils to find out what they like. My 5 year old likes to still sample with me (I love that!)

Anyways, Ill be ordering for my family essentially. I was going to ask the mod if my oldest (shes 9) could have a profile, or just use mine as our family profile?

So far, my favorites are: (see a pattern, here? lol)

Sugared Lemons

Sugared Patchouli

Sugared Frankincense & Myrrh

Pied Piper Potion

Love Potion: Black

I am looking forward to trying a ton more!

Im a little bit goth, a little bit soccer mom, and 100% witch. :wacko:

Cheers!

Welcome, Newcomers! :wacko:

Happy Fall Equinox!

Last Resort: I'm fine with your daughter having her own ID - I shall leave it to your discretion as you know the maturity level of your own child better than I. You sound like a wonderful Mom! ::HUGS!:: Our youngest member at present is 13, and I do ask that posters consider that some of our members are quite young, so everyone here is generally well-mannered, but there is PG-rated talk of sex and sensuality here. And occasionally a spammer gets by our screens and posts nasty stuff, but we delete that as fast as we can.

P.S. Two of your faves just got added to the endangered list! (Sugared Lemons & Pied Piper). I bet you'll enjoy this months new releases - much in the way of fun sweet scents. You HAVE to try "Dead Man's Float", it's amazing! The kids will adore it!

Hello!

My name is Kate, but I go by Nidaba online normally. I'm fairly active in the various perfume boards and livejournal groups, but just discovered Love Potion Perfumes fairly recently! I was given some Love Potion vials as a gift from a member of the BPAL forum and now I want to try more!

So far my favorites have been:

Tea and Strumpets

Love Potion: Pink

Sugared Cream

I already have my first sample order picked out I think. I am planning on grabbing Sugared Ginger, Sugared Pomegranate, Sugared Iced Tea, Dead Mans Float, Sugared Honeycomb, and maybe one more. =]

All in all, I am a pretty regular person. My one lucky mentionable is that I am a published short story writer, and I hope to one day write full time! For now though, I work as apartment manager. =] I have a husband and one furry kid named Hobbes who runs me ragged.

I look forward to meeting all of you!

Hi Everyone

My name is May. I think one or two of the people here might know me from other forums where I have the same username! :lol: I live in Glasgow in Scotland and I adore perfumes.

I've just placed an order for Love Potion Black and Love Potion Red - but the others all look so good. I think I might have to try Scandalous Intentions and Sweet Revenge next! But there are about a dozen others that have taken my eye too!

But in the meantime I will just have to sit and wait patiently for the postman! Which is the bit I hate most. :P

Best

May

Thank you! Shes pondering over a username...lol. Im not worried about her seeing anything she doesnt already know on here...everyone seems very decent and im always here with her when shes on.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pied Piper and Lemons....is there a list of the endangered ones somewhere on the board? Im having a hard time finding it...

I sent you (Mara) an email to the TimeSquare address regarding a sample pack order that Id like to purchase... :P sorry it took so long!

TTFN

Welcome, Newcomers! :lol:

Happy Fall Equinox!

Last Resort: I'm fine with your daughter having her own ID - I shall leave it to your discretion as you know the maturity level of your own child better than I. You sound like a wonderful Mom! ::HUGS!:: Our youngest member at present is 13, and I do ask that posters consider that some of our members are quite young, so everyone here is generally well-mannered, but there is PG-rated talk of sex and sensuality here. And occasionally a spammer gets by our screens and posts nasty stuff, but we delete that as fast as we can.

P.S. Two of your faves just got added to the endangered list! (Sugared Lemons & Pied Piper). I bet you'll enjoy this months new releases - much in the way of fun sweet scents. You HAVE to try "Dead Man's Float", it's amazing! The kids will adore it!

Hi LastResort! I sent you a reply last night, did you get it?

We have the Low Stock announcements both on the board and on the website. We try our best to keep them as updated as possible. Sometimes though, we get retail orders that clean out all our bottles at once!

On the boards: Low Stock Warning! Going, going, gone!

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=20

On the site - link located under the buttons on the left, on the PERFUMERIE page.

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/LowStock.html

Hello! I received a frimp of the original Love Potion, which led me to this website. LPMP oils are fast becoming some of my favorite scents. I lurk on several forums, but never post, preferring to stay in the background. I would like to try my hand at reviewing in the future, but I'm reluctant to do so because most of the time I become fond of a fragrance because of a thought or mood it inspires, rather than the notes. Also, as you can see, I like to ramble on. Back to lurking for now!

I would like to try my hand at reviewing in the future, but I'm reluctant to do so because most of the time I become fond of a fragrance because of a thought or mood it inspires, rather than the notes. Also, as you can see, I like to ramble on. Back to lurking for now!

Oh please review! I'm still learning about picking out notes, but I can completely get behind a mood. That kind of description can be just as valuable!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Im Dani and im a new addict. The lovely bpal/lush girls mentioned this site so I ordered a sample of love potion red and was instantly addicted. Best smelling thing on me ever. Havent tested it out around the male species yet but I WANT ME and thats a good sign. It smells amazing on me and didnt turn to powder like most everything does.

I shall be ordering a full size and some more samples soon.

:: waves ::

Welcome to the board Smilezlie. Welcome to the Forum. If you like Love Potion Red (which I do very much as well) you should try the rest of the Love Potion Scents. Especially Love Potion Black and Pink. They are to die for. I love the Love Potion Scents so much.

*Drools*

Oops, excuse me.

Welcome to the board Smilezlie. Welcome to the Forum. If you like Love Potion Red (which I do very much as well) you should try the rest of the Love Potion Scents. Especially Love Potion Black and Pink. They are to die for. I love the Love Potion Scents so much.

*Drools*

Oops, excuse me.

love potion pink sounded right up my alley. ill look into the notes for black. I received a sample of love potion #9 that im waiting for a special day to try out. I also got suggared forrest which smells great but im not into green scents.

I should get up and put some love potion red on. Its such a comforting scent and it sticks to me all day. I put it on at 530am and i got home at 9pm and could still smell it. never had a perfume with that staying power. <3 <3 <3

Hi! I heard about this from the Lush boards - I tend to lurk more than post. I'm just getting into online buying of oils and perfumes so I appreciate detailed scent descriptions and reviews.

I'm a single mom (Gemini- ironically) to twin 4 y.o. boys, so there is not much time to pamper myself - I think that is why I've really gotten into bath products and fragances the last couple of years. It is really uplifting to catch a whiff later in the day - an instant pick me-up.

I'm currently dating someone who seems to notice what scents I wear. I thought I would take a chance and see if some of the potions might have some of the desired effects. I know he tends to react favorably :) when I've used Lush products with patchoulii so maybe he might be susceptable to being "nudged" .

I'm still trying to figure out what to try first - I personally like light oriental or other fragrances with some "spice", woody and green notes, but am open to most things other than blatant foody scents. Any suggestions?

(My solution to the postman problem is sometimes to order many things, stagger the orders, and have a constant flow of packages. It's a solution designed to be hard on the bank. :) )

Scourger I have to admit to being guilty of this exact same solution from time to time. It can be very hard on the bank, but even harder to resist when a particular potion keeps calling to me. :)

May, you mentioned Scandalous intentions as one you were considering ordering. I would absolutely recommend it. I bought my sample of it a while back, but only recently tried it out. I couldn't believe I waited so long! It reminds me a bit of the Love Potion scents, but somehow spicier.

Hi, everyone! I joined the Board in May and have only lurked since then... don't know why. I'm another BPAL addict who discovered these perfumes and forum from the BPAL forum. I've always loved fragrance and body products, but it was only in the last couple of years that I discovered perfume oils. Since that time, I have really stopped wearing all of my commercial fragrances, because they smell so overwhelmingly of alcohol to me now.

I prefer spicy, dark, incense, and resin scents, and love to wear those stinky-hippy scents of patchouli and nag champa. I guess it's because I was a child during the 60's. :(

I ordered the Love Potion:Black solid perfume when it was first introduced, and just love it! It is one of my favorite bedtime scents; in fact, something about it just makes me feel warm and cozy. My DH doesn't really notice any fragrance I wear, because he works around chemicals all day, so I just wear what I love.

Oh, and my username is the same on every forum I belong to. Poenari was the name of the actual castle/fortress built by the real Dracula, Vlad the Impaler. My husband's grandparents came from Transylvania, and we spent Halloween 2005 over there, and climbed up to the ruins of the Poenari Fortress. I just loved the sound of the name and thought it would make a cool username.

Hi everyone!

My name's Sarah. I discovered LPMP when I went to Dreams of Avalon to check out the Possets offerings there. Dreams of Avalon sounded wonderful, so I ordered a bottle. It's a beautiful light floral scent, perfect for early summer in my opinion.

I realized while sorting my vials last night that I have Too Much Perfume. BPAL comprises the majority, with smatterings of Possets, CB I Hate Perfume, and Heaven and Earth Essentials. With the holidays coming up, I can't justify buying more, so at the moment I'm just planning for a future Love Potion order. LP Black sounds heavenly. Others that interest me are Nox, Heartland, Dragon Potion, Artemis, Sugared, Cardamom, Sugared Iced Tea, and Musky Dusky Fresh Cut Greenery. I noticed that some of those are on the endangered list, hopefully they'll stick around long enough for me to snag them. If not I'm sure I'll find others to love.

I have one beautiful calico cat, and volunteer at the Humane Society feeding kittens. I plan to get another cat in the spring.

In my spare time I take karate, knit, and attend concerts. I really enjoy seeing singer-songwriters live, and am a regular at a folk music club in my city.

I can't think of any way to end this introduction gracefully...