Lunantishee

sultry brunette

This is a fruity floral that has some staying power. I can't quite put my finger on the ingredients in this. I can smell some sort of fruit, but am unable to identify what it is. There is a little rose in the background that comes out after about 15 minutes or so. if you like florals, you will love this one.

I wanted to like it soooo much. There was something in this one that was really overpowering. I smelled rose above anything else. I thought it would be more of a foody smell. I am thinking about Fairy Lure of Night of the Fae. Any suggestions...anyone.

I wanted to like it soooo much. There was something in this one that was really overpowering. I smelled rose above anything else. I thought it would be more of a foody smell. I am thinking about Fairy Lure of Night of the Fae. Any suggestions...anyone.

Well, it just may not work with your chemistry. I smelled rose at first, but then it backed off and the other notes came to the forefront.

Many florals go wonky with my chemistry, but not this one.....I think that the other notes really help to balance it out....it is fruity and floral, but not overpowering at all on me. Nicely done!

I can honestly say I wasn't sure I would like this one once I put it on. I happened to put it on my shoulder, so throughout the night I keep getting whiffs of it. Wow!! The sweetness comes out on me in a really beautiful, uncandylike way. I don't notice so much of a floral as I do a sweet. I love florals, well, not ALL florals, but I didn't get that with this one.

This one is beautifully done and I wish I would have waited to make my order, so I could have added this one. See, that's what happens when you have no patience! :(

Maybe I should give this one another try. I don't like rose, but it sounds like after the rose dies down it smells really nice.

This one grew on me, at first it reminded me of an previous LP (got a headache trying to figure out which one), so I tried it again w/o comparing, I like it.

Edited by liz

Ok I'm really glad the girls sent me a sample of this. It's better than I thought it would be from the reviews, the rose it definitely there but mixed nicely with the other stuff and is yummy and sweet, then something minty and powdery but it's not overpowering either starts to come out. I just put it on so I'm still testing it. Definitely on my bottle list! love the art too. if anyone doesn't want theirs...I'll take it lol

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 2 weeks later...

I wore this yesterday and today and I am really starting to like it. The first few minutes it is pretty strong and there is a scent I don't care for...BUT then it calms down to a yummy very vanilla cake scent mixed with roses. I am not sure that is a good description..to make a long story short, I like it. It is a very uplifting scent to me. I am glad I gave it a second chance.

I wore this yesterday and today and I am really starting to like it. The first few minutes it is pretty strong and there is a scent I don't care for...BUT then it calms down to a yummy very vanilla cake scent mixed with roses. I am not sure that is a good description..to make a long story short, I like it. It is a very uplifting scent to me. I am glad I gave it a second chance.

Good for you! It never hurts to give one a second chance, huh? You just may find something you really like!

• 1 month later...

This beauty reminds me of Sugared Lemons. I just put on a little sampling of Sugared Lemons and it reminded me of this wonderful scent. Ah, at least THIS one isn't extinct yet like Sugared Lemons. ^_^ I knew I was smart to stockpile this one.

• 3 months later...

Lunantishee

In vial: mmm, cake and marzipan…but also a bit of wood or twigs?

On skin: oh, I like this. It’s mainly a scent of almond Madeleine cakes. Or maybe cherry bakewells? It smells like almond cakes with marzipan on top and cherries. It’s delicious! However I also smell rosewood (which in here smells like rosehips) and also something else-a very authentic outdoorsy plant scent of hedgerows. I think that’s blackthorn? It smells like twigs and berries growing in the wild. It smells very English, like the English countryside, hedgerows with thorns and berries and some flowers too, with a hint of slightly decayed leaves and coarse bark. It’s gorgeous and makes me think of autumn. But then this settles down into the most gorgeous fluffy creamy almond and fairy cake scent with a little bit of rose. It smells almost milky, in a very pleasant way, and almondy too, and there’s something like a fruit jam, possibly cherry jam, in the cake as well! I want to gnaw my wrist off, it’s so good. I’m amazed at how much it smells like real cake with jam and almonds. This is one of the most gorgeous cake scents ever, I must resist the urge to nibble my wrist! It really does smell like fairy cakes, but also like Victoria sponge cake, and cherry bakewells, and all manner of tempting treats-before drying down as a gorgeous almond milk and oatmeal and cake scent with a little bit of rose. I’m glad I swiftly ordered a bottle of this one! (btw the vetiver? Can't smell it at all!)

• 9 months later...

This is berry and yummy and WIN. I definitely get the cake and berries since my skin amps teh schweet schtuff, but I also do get an added mysterious woodsiness from the blackthorn wood and vetiver, and just a hint of something rosy, but not overpoweringly so, from the rosewood. The rosewood in the background also adds a certian warmth. I also second the marzipan thing whiskersandwhispers was saying; marzipan is something I don't necessarily love eating because it's so sugary, but I absoltuely loooove smelling on my skin. It definitely is very evocative of an enchanted forest; I live in an area that's basically been carved out of woods, and reminds me of being a kid and trying to find fairies in the backyard. Beautiful! :D

Edited by Invidiana

• 1 year later...

Hmmm... I don't get any cake batter in this scent... The only thing i can make out of is fresh rose/ really really sweet berries?? It's kinda giving me a headache... hmm... i will wait till it dries down in an hour or so :) We will see ;)

OOO... Im slowly getting powdery sweetness to this scent!! No more headaches! :):):) Itz quite a pretty scent :) i will def. try it again another time :)

Edited by bumbob

• 1 month later...