Couer de L'amour

OK, so this one is a bit difficult to describe.....I get mostly herbal with just the faintest floral note.....it could be worn by a man or a woman, I think.....it is a kind of calming scent.....I think I'll keep mine for my next trip to visit relatives!

I can definetly spell the herbal floral aspect to this one I also get a touch of mainstream perfume. This is a nice scent. If sunflower like flower fragrances work well on you, then I highly recommend this one.

Ooh this scent is morphing a lil and there are some nice spices coming out. Very nice!

• 1 month later...

CARNATION, BASIL, SUNFLOWER, CARDAMOM, WASABI, GINGER, FRANKINCENSE, AMBER, WOODS & Treasured Hearts

Wet, this one smelled very sharp to me. It must have been the wasabi & ginger. Now that it has dried down, I can smell a hint of floral and the faintest spice. Mostly, I smell the frankincense and woods. The amber is there, but very subtle. It is a different amber than is used in their sugared blend. The Treasured Hearts is covered well.

It is a very light deep scent, if that makes sense. It is deep and has some nice staying power, but remains light at the same time. Hmmm, what can I relate this to... Excuse the chocolate reference to come, this has NO hint of chocolate in it - I am only trying to relate the deep and light comparison... It is like having a tan (1/2 the chocolate), 2% hot chocolate instead of a full-fat, full-chocolate one. It is not as rich and has a much lighter texture and flavor, yet it is still chocolaty and creamy.

This is a very nice, light scent for me, but what I really like is the result when I wear it to work! I've noticed that it really helps to calm the boss!! For the last few months business has been a bit difficult (with the economy) and she has a tendency to get really worked up about the slow-down. I've noticed that she is much calmer and more open to suggestions and positive comments from me when I'm wearing this. I also used it on vacation when I was expecting to be in close quarters with a lot of my fellow passengers (I was on a cruise) and, while I don't have anything to compare, it seemed to be a good choice.

I'm looking forward to trying other Treasured Hearts scents.

Treasured Hearts closeness, peaceful interactions between family members, nesting...all this and hits too, at least of a kind? It seems so.

I've been road testing this and I can definitely vouch for the "less intimidated in the wearer's presence" part. The boys just come right up to me, like little chickies. Granted, so far this has been an average of two guys in any given outing, but yeah, they come :Hug_emoticon: It's so cute! One even followed me outside the grocery store. Not stalking, much more puppy dog, and wanting to talk. I just have to be near them for things to start, naturally, and almost every time, they start engaging me first. Solicitous and sweet.

I love this scent on me as well. It's spicy-floral, with a strong tea quality on my skin. Bottles will be purchased. *Sits back and wonders if she should buy a datebook to keep all her future gentleman callers straight*

Treasured Hearts closeness, peaceful interactions between family members, nesting...all this and hits too, at least of a kind? It seems so.

I've been road testing this and I can definitely vouch for the "less intimidated in the wearer's presence" part. The boys just come right up to me, like little chickies. Granted, so far this has been an average of two guys in any given outing, but yeah, they come :Hug_emoticon: It's so cute! One even followed me outside the grocery store. Not stalking, much more puppy dog, and wanting to talk. I just have to be near them for things to start, naturally, and almost every time, they start engaging me first. Solicitous and sweet.

I love this scent on me as well. It's spicy-floral, with a strong tea quality on my skin. Bottles will be purchased. *Sits back and wonders if she should buy a datebook to keep all her future gentleman callers straight*

This is a great review! Like little chickies, huh? How cute.

You might also want to post this in the review thread for this scent so that those considering purchase don't miss it.

I've been road testing this and I can definitely vouch for the "less intimidated in the wearer's presence" part. The boys just come right up to me, like little chickies. Granted, so far this has been an average of two guys in any given outing, but yeah, they come :D It's so cute! One even followed me outside the grocery store. Not stalking, much more puppy dog, and wanting to talk. I just have to be near them for things to start, naturally, and almost every time, they start engaging me first. Solicitous and sweet.

I'm with SB on this - it sounds sweet. :-)

I have a feeling that's why I ordered Dominance and not Treasured Hearts. Because I'm not sweet so it might not work. And now I'm limited on discretionary income - and I need to be really focused on hoarding Cougar like the Gollum. But I truly appreciate sweet because I'm not. <g - not sarcastic - just honest> So welcome to the party Nightlife. We are glad to have you here.

A spicy-sweet floral that makes me think of what a medieval perfume recipe would smell like. For some reason this fragrance came out smelling like antique type of floral and spice blend.

Glad to see you posting so many reviews, hun....you're doing great! Just one suggestion, though....we are trying to keep the reviews of phero blends and scented pheros in the pheromone section.....

Keep 'em coming!

Edited by scourger
moved

Thank you so much, Ms. Sultry and Ms. Shelly! I'm honored to cast my lot in with my fellow addicts :) I will x-post this to the review thread - you're right, Sultry, some people might overlook it otherwise. And yeah, Shelly, I believe I understand where you are coming from.

From my side of it, Dominance would be par for the course at times; I would just let that side of my personality rip. More often, I'm learning to be a velvet tiger, as I'm finally understanding how powerful the swipe of my paw can be against the hearts of those I love. All of this is just a fancy, florid way of saying that I have had to learn how to speak gently and react with kindness/sweetness, even in emotionally threatening situations (as I perceive them).

Now, please don't think I'm saying any of this applies to you, Shel. I may not even be approaching what you meant about yourself. This is just me explaining the different ways I've been learning to use my power, and your words helped inspire me onto this track :BananaRow: So glad to be at the party with you and everyone!

Now, please don't think I'm saying any of this applies to you, Shel. I may not even be approaching what you meant about yourself. This is just me explaining the different ways I've been learning to use my power, and your words helped inspire me onto this track :o So glad to be at the party with you and everyone!

Oh seriously - no worries. :-) Actually - I can be total PITA. Many times I'm both aware that I am and are just delighted to be one - but sometimes I'm a fathead and miss that I was. So if I'm ever with you - feel free to knock me upside the head with a 2x4. Sometimes it takes one.

Welcome to the Party. Brace your credit card. :-)

I have a feeling that's why I ordered Dominance and not Treasured Hearts. Because I'm not sweet so it might not work.

But I truly appreciate sweet because I'm not. <g - not sarcastic - just honest>

Oh Shelly.....you NEED Treasured Hearts....TRULY. I am a Dominance type of woman.....not all sweet either.....Treausred Hearts works really well to make people "spread the love".....EVERYBODY loves you when you wear it.....you should try it!

I agree, Shelly. I think you'd really enjoy it. It's much more fun to have loads of tools in your arsenal. Take it from one who can be sweet and/or dominant! :)

I agree, Shelly. I think you'd really enjoy it. It's much more fun to have loads of tools in your arsenal. Take it from one who can be sweet and/or dominant! :)

Ok - when I can sneak another $40 in the next order - I will. :-) It won't be before I know my bonus - I know that much.

But my list of precious items is getting so long...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

• 2 weeks later...

Trying Couer de L'amour this morning--got a sample of it in my HUGE shipment yesterday. It's nice and light with just a little bit of spicy from the carnation. It stayed pretty true to what I smelled in the vial. This might be on the list for a full bottle, especially with the Treasured Hearts as a bonus.

• 2 months later...

just got a sample of the cream laced with couer de l'amour-I AM IN LOVE.

immedieatly got on Lp's site and ordered 2 bottles and a pot of the scented cream.

fabulous scent!

looking forward to wearing and hoarding it!

just got a sample of the cream laced with couer de l'amour-I AM IN LOVE.

immedieatly got on Lp's site and ordered 2 bottles and a pot of the scented cream.

fabulous scent!

looking forward to wearing and hoarding it!

I know what you mean...curse those ladies for introducing me to yet another "must have" scent. As soon as I used the scented cream, I ordered a bottle. The B & B stuff are so new, I forget about ordering it. :)

I did end up buying the full bottle. It's one I'm hoarding!

• 6 months later...

I got two samples of this(bless you ladies!). I gave one to my bestie, as she's having problems w/ her SO. She texted me in response" Thanks that pheromone stuff you gave me is the sh*t". I've tried it on my MIL & she likes it. Today purely for self effects to calm the bubble of rage I was trying to bury. I tried it, & you know what it took like 45 minutes, but I'm completely @ a happy place now! The scent is a bit harsh for me. I think I'd like to boost Mapacho, w/ TH.

• 3 months later...

On me, this smells kind of like an herbal soap, with an undertone of more mainstream perfuminess... It is comforting, but I get the feeling that my boyfriend wouldn't like it.

Or maybe he would-- for some reason, this seems kind of masculine to me the more it dries down. Like an aftershave or cologne, maybe? I think it must be the basil and woods that do it. The drydown really mellows it out, but I still may have to amp another perfume with Treasured Hearts instead.

• 5 weeks later...

So I got my bottle today, and like the LP slut I am, had to try this one right away 003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.com].gif. I love the scent, on me it's spicy & it stays spicy (I luvz the spice...). Its not a "Spontaneous Combustion" or "LP P & D" spice. It's much lighter & brighter. Totally appropriate for work, I think...I'll have to test it tomorrow...

I had this one at work all day today. The ladies were more relaxed around me, kind of like I was being brought more into the fold (which is just what I was looking for). The big thing of the day was I have this saleswoman in the company. She's never been not nice to me, she's just a little standoffish. She likes the fact that I have a good work ethic, and that I don't get involved in office gossip, but it's almost like she needs me to prove myself before she extends her friendship. Well, she got into my phero cloud today, and spent a good 20 minutes chatting with me about our ebay site, and how she thinks that most of the guys that buy machinery from us don't even know how to use the internet. I'll consider that a hit

As far as self effects, I felt relaxed but warm & fuzzy today. It was nice. I wonder if this would be of use during the dreaded PMS...

Edited by paganlady

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the testing with my new boss continues...

She's warming up to me quite nicely thank you! Asking me for help & for my opinion on things. I think this may be good!

• 1 month later...

The scent is not very me -- it's quite Perfumey for my taste and as you know I prefer to smell like straight-up Food :) -- but it does have a warmth and touch of non-dark mystery, more like intrigue. So this post is more about the Treasured Hearts effect. I had 4 sprays in my hair, tried to keep it away from my face to prevent blabbermouth. :)

It had a Cougar-esque starry effect on strangers (both men and women, but especially men, doubletaking and such) -- slightly different though -- Cougar makes people treat me like a younger, trendy/glammy star, and TH had the same starry but more respect-eliciting vibe. Cougar turns me into Scarlett Johansson and TH turns me into Kate Winslet.

It also made my usually somewhat defensive, oversensitive female friend into a ball of goo, opening up, being vulnerable, showing concern and gentleness. Also our adorable waiter had to be torn away from gazing at me tableside like a crystal ball.

I really like the multipurposeness of this blend!

Edited by tyvey

• 2 months later...
I wasn't sure if I would like this scent, but I do! It smells kind of like cola or some kind of soda to me for some reason. :lol:

Cool! I was never sure if I would like this one and now I want it. Cola and soda notes are some of my favorites

Cool! I was never sure if I would like this one and now I want it. Cola and soda notes are some of my favorites

It might just be me cuz I don't think it's supposed to smell like soda, but that is what this makes me think of! It's mostly just when wet that it reminds me of cola, but I like the scent after it dries down too.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I had my first hit! I was at the bank, sitting and waiting. Then a guy that works there came up to me and asked if I needed help...I was like no, just waiting for someone. Then he didn't walk away after that, he just stood there next to me. I could feel that he was looking at me and wanted to say something. Then he asked if I had plans for the weekend and he seemed nervous like he was interested in me. I know it doesn't sound that great like other people's hits but I was beginning to think that pheromones don't work on me cuz I never noticed anything before, so I was really excited about that. :)

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried it work, so I haven't been able to gauge how it affects other people. The stories in this thread have been very intriguing!

This one surprised me a bit. For something that is supposed to smooth over rough spots with difficult relatives and inspire people to open up, I was expecting a very soft, non-intimidating scent. This isn't a wallflower scent, it has some backbone. I agree with the reviews that call it bright, sunny, and a tad spicy. It's like someone with a big smile who is very open and friendly, but won't let themselves be pushed around, either.

I thought I would try this scent tommorrow while visiting my granma,at the hospital or maybe mayday

they have had her in restrants up till today cause she wants to pull out the iv,and I guess they finally diagnosed her with elderly and a uti .

witch do you think would be of more help,trying to get her to eat and drink?/

I thought I would try this scent tommorrow while visiting my granma,at the hospital or maybe mayday

they have had her in restrants up till today cause she wants to pull out the iv,and I guess they finally diagnosed her with elderly and a uti .

Tee, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grama : ( I hope she gets better really soon.

Unfortunately I'm not sure which phero to wear. Those seem like two very good choices you have there. Since she's in restraints I imagine tranquility potion would be soothing to her, a nice relaxed vibe to calm her so that might work. And then the Couer de L'amour may help assist you both with rapport, so you both can "get" each other and maybe she'll join your side and agree to eat and drink, I hope.

People layer scents and pheros all the time, so I read. I imagine you could try out both right? Whatever you choose I hope it goes well.

<3

Hmm from my experience as a CNA, a lot of times elderly people cna't smell as well. The oil bases lie fairly cloes to the skin as well. I would wear whatever makes You feel the best, she will probably pick up on your calm demeanor better than the pheros sweety. If you feel good & she enjoys your scent too, then that is an added bonus. Also if you have a good relationship with her already then MayDay is probably the better choice.

Thank-you everyone she is doing better and eating and going to rehab Saturday and she should be only there no longer then 8 days .Iam so happy that was so scary for the faimly ,she just moved in whith my parents about around march after she lost her other son and he brought her here,she had lost her home of gee I remeber being there around the age of 5.Iam lucky to have a close nit faimly anyhow Couuer deL'amour I chose

• 2 months later...

I seriously thought that i will be putting this on my trade list as it is not the type of scent i can wear everyday... My skin says mehhhhh....

Anywayz THIS is a GREAT room scent. I LOVE IT. I feel very calm smelling the scent! It's also kind of refreshing too! It has a kind of soapy quality to it... The slightly sharp and refreshing note could be the ginger... And the amber is very light in this potion!

I like it!!!!!

• 8 months later...

ok giving this a go since i got it in the sale. At first it was a masculine clean soap. Now that is trying down it is less masculine but herb and floral. I am getting more floral than herb so the spices are calming down. It still smells very clean. It kind of smells like my Dad.... weird. oh this is a morpher! i suddenly got soap again and then sweet floral. So glad I got a bottle