Breaking the Ceiling

I couldn't find a thread for this either here or in reviews. Am I really the first to review?

I loved this scent in the bottle. When I put it on, the tea came out the strongest on me. Tea turns to a rancid cat urine smell on me. I tried covering this with several things and could not find anything that helped. I even tried sugared honeycomb to no avail. The tea really amped the phero scent, which was not the most pleasant experience.

It is a scent that has some definate staying power, however. Even after a shower, I could still smell it.

LOL! That is one baaaad review! ;) I'm so sorry it didn't work with your chemistry. I'm thinking it's probably the lemony note - it skunks on some people's skin. I just put some on me and it smells great. A clean businesslike floral with an undertone of fresh tea.

Have you tried using coffee grounds to help get rid of a stubborn perfume smell? We make hard soap with it, but you can probably just mix some up with liquid soap and it should help.

Thanks for the hints. I was actually quite sad that it did not work on me, because it smells great in the bottle. I had a friend wear some and it smelled fantastic on her. I gave her the sample. Perhaps she will become a customer... I am slowly converting all of my close friends to the LP circle.

OK that's just terrible! I have this sample in my drawer at work, so I had to try it. Starts out light and citrusy, then dries out to sort of a cologney citrus, with a slight tang underneath that must be the tea. After an hour or so it becomes very soapy on me. Very clean businesslike scent which I imagine you could wear in a suited workplace without comment.

My sample's about half gone, so I must dabble some on now and again. Can't vouch for the pheros as I don't really have a ceiling to break...I work pretty much alone in a small co.

This one works really well on me. The effect of the pheromones were very noticeable. In the workplace, I became everyone's go to gal for everything. I was giving advice and was asked for my input and feedback so much that it became crazy. I had to cut down on my use in order to get any of my work done. I'm bucking for a Christmas bonus so I'm going to start wearing it again. Good stuff. The scent on me is clean and fresh and long lasting.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying this for the first time today. We're having a staff meeting at work, which is only done when the boss wants to rip into one or more of us, so I'm hoping I won't be the "ripee". I'm loving the scent - it reminds me of something from many years ago, but I can't yet put my finger on it.

Goddesslynne, I can't wait to here what happens. Breaking the Ceiling is a staple for me in the workplace. It gives me an aura of sexy respect if that makes sense. For me layering BTC with Happy Water and some Me,Jane (I always wear Me, Jane) works like a charm. I am a contradiction in the workplace businesslike and also sexy and intriguing at the same time. I have been told.

Edited by Countesszero

Well, yesterday was a great day!! The meeting went well, and there was no undue ripping, none at all in fact!! One thing that I wasn't sure about is that I work in an all-female environment (skin-care salon) and sometimes I wonder if the pheromones are even helping, or if it's just all in my head. Whatever the case, I'm very pleased!!!

I'm glad to hear that everything went great for you. I have a female boss and Breaking the Ceiling really makes her value and respect my opinion. She's always been very nice but BTC punches it up a notch to and she becomes overtly accommodating. Some people wonder who the boss really is.

I'm glad to hear that everything went great for you. I have a female boss and Breaking the Ceiling really makes her value and respect my opinion. She's always been very nice but BTC punches it up a notch to and she becomes overtly accommodating. Some people wonder who the boss really is.

I think this is what happened for me!! I've been working with my boss for over 10 years, and she has always privately sought my opinions and counsel, but then would slam me in meetings (maybe to make sure I didn't think I had any power?). This time we actually has some important dialog in the meeting, and I think, overall, it was clear that she's more open to me. Since I'm the senior esthetician by about 7 years, the other girls aren't threatened by this.

Another interesting thing happened - later in the day one of my co-workers and I had some down-time, so we went for a walk for 30 minutes. In the past, she would have have been making some snarky comments to me about the boss and the meeting, but this time we just had some lovely conversation about other things (husbands, home stuff, etc.). It was nice not to have to defend my opinions for a change!

Yes try it. I think you'll be really impressed. I love the stuff. I bought lots of samples but decided awhile back that a full bottle was needed. Each day I'm getting closer and closer to my bonus and per my boss today I will get a substantial raise next month. I attribute this to my winning personality :P and Breaking the Ceiling.

Wore this at work for the first time and i love the scent - clean brisk bright - almost like aquatic florals with a hint of citrus and a bit of tea - excellent staying power

I did have a meeting with my supervisor and our assistant commissioner - i think it went well, no one left in tears or angry - got a lot accomplished - the only odd thing was the asst comm kept saying i smell something burning, you ladies smell something burning and she kept turning her fan off and on

• 3 weeks later...

I'm totally loving the scent of Breaking the Ceiling. It really worked well with my body chemistry. This might be a large bottle buy. Clean but not 'Mr. Clean', fresh but not soapy. The pheros don't pop on me either like they are tending to do with some of the other blends. Great job ladies!

I did have a meeting with my supervisor and our assistant commissioner - i think it went well, no one left in tears or angry - got a lot accomplished - the only odd thing was the asst comm kept saying i smell something burning, you ladies smell something burning and she kept turning her fan off and on

It was you, you burning a hole right through that ceiling...

LOL Pony

When i go back to work next week i may have to burn a few more holes, i took a week for dr apptmnts and b/c i was plain ol tired and i know a ton of work and questions are waiting for me when i get back- oh well i'll deal with it them

• 1 year later...

This has a nice, bright scent in the beginning, that drys down to fresh & clean one. I applied this before a job interview & the pheromones made me feel more competent. The interview went VERY well. To the point of both the interviewer & the owner of the company giving me over-the-top compliments on my experience, personality, & poise. I've NEVER gotten this kind of feedback during an interview before. Between the nice clean scent, and the effect of the pheromones, I can see this being not only appropriate, but necessary for a woman in the corporate world.

Edited by paganlady

• 1 year later...

I love the way this smells. Clean and fresh.

I applied this on my hair, back of hands and a little on my chest about 30 minutes before I meet up with my assistant who has not been very cooperative since I started work in March. Anyway, I reminded her that we are working as a team and that if she has any issues, she should be talk to me and not her ex-boss who is my boss. In addition, I ask her to respect my decisions and not to reassign tasks according to her needs, likings or feelings.

It started out very tense (again she showed signs of disinterest) but later on, when we started talking about other work matters, she kind of relaxed and provided more inputs.

In addition to that meeting, I had meetings with two other groups of potential clients. One meeting with a consultant who came over to pick our brains. This came in handy as I was asked by my boss and the Board Secretary to join them in hosting a group of investors.

So thumbs up to BTC and SWS!

I was really worried about the tea and citrus but it turned out fine. The only thing which will need some getting used to is that as it comes in a glass bottle (like Pherogirl), it's difficult to apply the scent evenly, esp on my hair.

Are Breaking the ceiling and Swimming with Sharks the same?

Swimming with Sharks (SWS) is a phero blend while Breaking The Ceiling (BTC) is a scent enhanced with Swimming with Sharks.

BTC is enhanced with the original/older version of SWS which I believe was designed mainly for women. The new SWS is a unisex unscented phero.

Hope this helps!

So, is there a diff between the current SWS blend and the original? (unrelated to the lovely BTC scent... which IIRC made me think of dandelions :^^: ) I still haven't figured that out... :thumbup:

The current SWS is for both men and women while the original or the one in BTC was for women.I started a thread asking for reviews and comparison of the two. But I think I'm sold and I will order a bottle of UN SWS the next time.

• 7 months later...