Soiled Dove

Dolly

AD-SoiledDove.jpg

Soiled Dove

Honeyed tobacco and whisky stained playing cards ~ a touch of old west saloon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive, use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover, happiness, fulfillment.
TOBACCO ~ Lends courage, calms angry Gods, healing, purification, spiritualism.
RUM, BOURBON, BRANDY, WHISKY ~ Lessening of inhibitions, mood elevation, sacred odes.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric, aphrodisiac, healing, spirituality, exorcism.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty, love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
EARTH ~ Grounding, renewal, history.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a very fun scent! VERY unusual, also! I get the tobacco and honey at first, then the boozy notes....just a teensy bit of sandalwood in the background. It may be created for a woman, but I could envision it smelling really good on a man also.....I may need a full bottle of this one too!

Is the vetiver very prominent or does it just dirty things up a little?

I don't get much vetiver at all....

See Coffeemama - enablers the whole lot - Dolly aka enabler #1 makes my bottle and sample list grow so long with her good reviews and advice and then i can't stick to my time limits for orders - instead of once a month i end up ordering like once a week

STOP !!!!! you guys are killing me ! I have 2 orders coming and I'm JONESEN BAAAADDDD !!! off the bat I think I will absolutely love and order full sz btls of Soiled Dove, Time Travel Potion and it's a toss up between Amber Enchantment and Mielihyva. Ordered A2D II and Dolly's Dark Side blind. Still waiting for the Dec sampler <_< .

Edited by liz

STOP !!!!! you guys are killing me ! I have 2 orders coming and I'm JONESEN BAAAADDDD !!! off the bat I think I will absolutely love and order full sz btls of Soiled Dove, Time Travel Potion and it's a toss up between Amber Enchantment and Mielihyva. Ordered A2D II and Dolly's Dark Side blind. Still waiting for the Dec sampler <_< .

Ooooh, you have a killer order coming there Liz.....I think you will love the Dark Side and A2D II.....both smell GREAT.....

Dolly aka enabler #1 makes my bottle and sample list grow so long with her good reviews and advice and then i can't stick to my time limits for orders - instead of once a month i end up ordering like once a week

I'm sorry! Ok, so I'm really NOT.....

LOL, Dolly keep it coming - part of the addiction is feeding it right?

Oh, ABSOLUTELY!

I am holding out on the new samples. I wanted to smell up SB's incoming bundle, however, I did breakdown and order three. This is one of the one's I was really interested in. I love the concept and photo. :A002: I want to get full bottles instead of carting around a million sample (not that I don't already. :lol: ).

I love the tobacco scent in Marley's Ghost and the boozey scent in both Pirate Bumbo and Want. It seems that there's no bad here with Soiled Dove. I have a feeling I'm going to want a full bottle.

• 2 weeks later...
Honeyed tobacco and whisky stained playing cards ~ a touch of old west saloon!

Three kinds of Honey, Tobacco, Whisky and Bourbon, dusty Earth, old Paper and Woods. A really fun (and naughty) evocative scent!

• HONEY ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
  • TOBACCO ~ Lends courage, calms angry Gods. Healing, purification, spiritualism.
  • RUM, BOURBON, BRANDY, WHISKY ~ Lessening of inhibitions, mood elevation, sacred odes.
  • SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
  • VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
  • EARTH ~ Grounding, renewal, history.

In the bottle: I get fresh cut tobacco, not yet dried, and a hint of the honey and dirt, just as a slight sweetener.

On, wet: The fresh tobacco smell is very powerful, as is a kind of burnt sugar smell, which must come from the booze and honey.

Drydown: The tobacco softens and this scent turns really dirty. Not the kind of dirt you grow things in, the sleazy kind of dirt. Honey does that on me anyway, most of the time, but the vetiver and wood take it to an extra level.

There is a subtle sweetness to this one, which keeps this one feminine, but it is definitely a femininity which has embraced the filth of a world mostly filled with men. (As advertised!)

Dirty, dirty, dirty.

You know...fresh out of the vial, not on the skin, I really get the tobacco with a sweet background. I just recieved a sample in a stealth trade and I applied it on my wrists. I must say, it smells different on the skin. I get what Dolly gets. Surprise!! This one smells like sweet bourbon filled saloon that has cigars laying around (not smoked). It's the tobacco you get when you walk into a cigar store. I quite enjoy this darkly sweet tobacco scent. Maybe I was a soiled dove in a past life. :wink2:

Okay, this is going on my want list.

I'm surprised this one hasn't gotten more positive reaction. I LOVE it. It really came out exactly as I intended. Sleeeeeezy. Unwashed, old-west, dirty sleeziness. On me at least, it's pretty severely sexual. The smell of cowboy that's rubbed off on you, mixed with the smell of sex.

On me, it wears like Phero Girl, but with the smell of man in there too.

It is pretty strong tho, perhaps I should dilute it a little?

I can see how one might imagine a man wearing this, but as it has, to me, a distinct scent of female sexuality to it, if my guy came home smelling like this I'd slap him. :Hug_emoticon:

Wet, I smell the earth, followed by the honey. As it's drying down the honey is joined by the tobacco, which has a faint scent of anise to me. The longer it's on the sweeter it gets, but also earthier.

I'll be back with more, but it's definitely already VERY sexy!! I actually think this would be great on a hot summer night, on sweaty skin!

My daughter and I were both very interested in trying this but I think we both expected more tobacco and not quite as much honey.

I get mostly honey and dirt (the vetiver I guess) and the reason I didn't get a full bottle was that the honey dominates this blend. A matter of personal preference for certain,no slight intended.

For those of you who love honey rich blends, this will be something you will like. There is something about it that reminds me of some of the feminine pheroblends.

As for strength, I think that is fine.

It is amazing how varied our responses to this are.

I know, right? You get all honey, and I get so much tobacco. *goes to try shaking up her sample more*

I shaked up my sample REAL good and I get sugared honeycomb honey and tobacco. It reminds me of the scent of good unsmoked pipe tobacoo. I can see my dad packing his pipe when I was younger. It is a sweet tobacco scent.

It isnt something I could wear as a perfume. But if you enjoy tobacco scents this is a GREAT one!

I too was shakin' my vial like a mofo after reading this thead. :rolleyes:

This is my kind of blend (masculine notes) but yes, I'm surprised at how prominent the honey is. Usually with a honeyed tobacco accord it's rather a balance between the two characteristics but wow...OH HAI HONEY! It definitely gives off that aura of sex: I get the more dark qualities in the drydown, the vetiver giving it that dirty, sleazy evocation. There's a bit of astringence from the liquor notes - which are more noticable in the vial - but I don't really get the tobacco, at least not what I recognize as that scent, anyway. Hopefully with aging I might be able to discern it more. But the sandalwood eventually comes out to smooth it down a bit.

But I was thinking...it's funny, the psychological response I have to this one is actually what I expected I'd get from the Down & Dirty duo, heh. While they're sexy they're not necessarily dirty. But this is...I can't wait to see what my Quince does when he gets a whiff of this on me. *evil laugh*

Edited by luna65

But I was thinking...it's funny, the psychological response I have to this one is actually what I expected I'd get from the Down & Dirty duo, heh. While they're sexy they're not necessarily dirty. But this is...I can't wait to see what my Quince does when he gets a whiff of this on me. *evil laugh*

You are going to tell us? Puleeeze? Not the TMI details - just whether he liked it or not. :bizoo:

I just tried this scent , and im really enjoying it!

When wet i got earth and honey , but as it dried down it turned to sweet honeyed tobacco with rum peaking through ever so softly. To me this is a very fun scent.....I can see Mae West dabbing a bit in her cleavage and behind her ears whispering to a cowboy ,why dont you come up and see me sometime.

Edited by Ajia

*ahem*

So yeah, that "dirty honey" is very effective! :blush:

When I went to pick up my Quince at the commuter terminal last night (where security is much more lax) I was standing right at the gate, bouncing on the balls of my feet, and just kind of grabbed him when he came out. My mind was already in the gutter, lol. He took a whiff of me, smirked, then turned me around and sniffed the back of my neck.

"You smell like you've been up to no good."

"Not yet!"

And then we got home and there was much romping. I think I wore him out, he's been resistant to waking up this morning. *evil laugh*

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna cry!

Honey, tobacco, booze, old paper, etc.... this scent is ME!

I smelled it in the vial and...yum! Perfection! I slathered this baby on and prepared to be dazzled and to drool over it.

Then I sniff myself, and....nothing????

It's gone! Totally gone! Another one my skin just ate and left no trace of other than a barely detectable trace of a paper-like smell.

Phooey!

I waited and waited for it to change and maybe amp something else.

Nope.

It's just gone :)

Makes me very sad 'cause this description was me in liquid form!

Maybe I'll hold onto the tester a bit longer and give it another try once it's settled and aged a little more 'cause I really don't want to give up on this one.

:)

I'm gonna cry!

Honey, tobacco, booze, old paper, etc.... this scent is ME!

I smelled it in the vial and...yum! Perfection! I slathered this baby on and prepared to be dazzled and to drool over it.

Then I sniff myself, and....nothing????

It's gone! Totally gone! Another one my skin just ate and left no trace of other than a barely detectable trace of a paper-like smell.

Phooey!

I waited and waited for it to change and maybe amp something else.

Nope.

It's just gone :)

Makes me very sad 'cause this description was me in liquid form!

Maybe I'll hold onto the tester a bit longer and give it another try once it's settled and aged a little more 'cause I really don't want to give up on this one.

:)

Oh, I hope you find a way to use it!! Maybe a scent locket, or even just a few drops on a cotton ball tucked into your bra. I love this and I'm thinking this will be my scent today - fortified with some unscented BI perhaps!!

I'm having a wee Time-Out from my work for Mara, to have a LARGE glass of wine..Bear in mind it's already early evening, here.. ^_~

I had a wonderful Valentine's weekend, but I also got to see the man in my life on the Sunday too, when I DID not expect to at all. Earlier on, as an experiment, I had been tinkering with blending some fragrances, as to be honest, a great deal of my spare time IS spent thus, so that I can implement new, perhaps exciting fragrance/phero ideas for the future.

Anyway, I had applied a smidgen of Soiled Dove to the neck pulses, a teensy bit to each wrist and a dab in my (extremely non-existent ) cleavage. I waited about ten minutes and layered Sugared Honeycomb on top of the same areas.

My lovely one arrived here, previously unannounced, a good hour later...And having told me how INCREDIBLY edible I smelled (yes really..) He just about DEVOURED my neck..

A very fun night followed. ^_______~

Hmm... The combo of these two, is hot.. A very good, VERY ballsy and sexUAL (definitely not merely sexy) melange..A dirty, hot..VERY good combo for "Playtime.." Ya hear that, Luna? You need to try this out on your Quince - and SOON! ^_~

Blessings

Ail )O(

*edit*

My OCD got the better of me and I HAD to fix the glitch, lol.

Ya hear that, Luna? You need to try this out on your Quince - and SOON! ^_~

:yeahthat:

The poor man, he's going to declare I'm trying to kill him with sex again! But yes, that definitely sounds like a mix for tomorrow night (Saturday night is for Sexology, wee!), thank you dear!

• 3 weeks later...
I'm surprised this one hasn't gotten more positive reaction. I LOVE it. It really came out exactly as I intended. Sleeeeeezy. Unwashed, old-west, dirty sleeziness. On me at least, it's pretty severely sexual. The smell of cowboy that's rubbed off on you, mixed with the smell of sex.

Mara, that is exactly how I see this scent, I couldn't describe it any better!

At first I was worried because even though I love tobacco in perfumes this was all TOBACCO when I first put it on. But after a few minutes it settles down & I can smell a honeyed tobacco with sandalwood, slightly sweetened by the boozes, dirtied up a by a little vetiver. It is dirty sleazy & really like it!

I've got a bottle of this coming in my order which is oh sooooo very close to me now. I adore it-tobacco and booze and honey and wood. It's amazing. And it lasts and lasts on me, too. Definitely a fave!

Well it's no secret that the love of my life is Down & Dirty....

I also absolutely adore Naughty Minx, Dirty Sexy and Scandalous... (I'm thinking it's the dirty amber that gets me off ^_^ )

I'm tempted to try this one...dirty, tobacco, booze...The one thing that has stopped me so far though is the sandalwood...I don't like sandalwood or insency scents...

Given that I love the DD, NM, DS & S....do you ladies reckon Soiled Dove would be another addiction for me or end up on the trading post?

I would say that the sandalwood is not too prominent at all, it gives more of a smooth wood/paper evocation than an incense one.

If you're not a honey fan, I would say avoid this one because the honey is pretty prominent.

The sandalwood in this one is not like the head-achey perfumey type, it very softened and subtle, and gives the impression of aged paper more than incense.

• 4 weeks later...

Wet - lots of honey, tobacco and bourbon!

Dry - turned into a molasses/pancake-y syrup scent. People made ugly faces. Not a favorite.

I liked it for it's potential, but people's reactions were very poor. :msn_red_fox_smilies-09:

I am holding out on the new samples. I wanted to smell up SB's incoming bundle, however, I did breakdown and order three. This is one of the one's I was really interested in. I love the concept and photo. :ange: I want to get full bottles instead of carting around a million sample (not that I don't already. :020105~21: ).

I love the tobacco scent in Marley's Ghost and the boozey scent in both Pirate Bumbo and Want. It seems that there's no bad here with Soiled Dove. I have a feeling I'm going to want a full bottle.

Okay, I need to edit and update my experience with this scent.

I get all the above I mentioned PLUS a powerful infusion of PheroGirl. I don't know why it didn't hit me before. I guess I was caught up on the boozy...oops! :001_302:

I'm going to order a full bottle (maybe two) right now. Why has this one has not been obsessed over, I'll never know! :)

I'm a little obsessed with it, but I'm waiting to see if the tobacco comes out more in aging. It's the kind of dirty I like though, perhaps more than Bacchanalia.