Christine's Yin Ylang

This is a beautiful and unusual combo. It is beautiful, sweet and relaxing. It is the perfect night time scent and exactly what I was looking for.

The Ylang-ylang and vanilla are on the top and the amber provides just enough warmth. The grapefruit is just barely there, but tones the sweet to make it more smooth.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

An excessively generous person on these boards (cough KK cough) sent me a sample of this free and unrequested, and it is an instant favorite. I'm like Karmiel in that ylang ylang has always been a big turnoff for me in commercial perfumes, but it is so beautifully blended with the sweetness and grapefruit, rounding out those elements. It feels very luxe. To me it is less nighttime and more champagne brunch on a villa patio in Bermuda. What a brilliant idea and brew. <3

An excessively generous person on these boards (cough KK cough) sent me a sample of this free and unrequested, and it is an instant favorite. I'm like Karmiel in that ylang ylang has always been a big turnoff for me in commercial perfumes, but it is so beautifully blended with the sweetness and grapefruit, rounding out those elements. It feels very luxe. To me it is less nighttime and more champagne brunch on a villa patio in Bermuda. What a brilliant idea and brew. <3

I had a sniffee, yet I'm generous to a fault,lol. I passed it on. I take that back, I find no fault ever in generosity! I do wish I had held on to this one, is it still available?

Im glad you liked it, it fit in nicely to the bundle of goodies you requested, I guess my excessive generosity is a good case of "pay it forward" all the generosity I recieved when I started swapping... and I STILL have more sniffies than I know what to do with (((sigh)))

The generosity is really us just trying to lure you into the addiction. Basically, we're nothing more than a bunch of crack dealers. ;)

Yes! Once you try and stop Tyvey, LP is just about impossible to stop (LOL) :lol:

• 6 months later...
This one smells so much like Christine's Tangy Ylang. I'll have to whip out my sample tonight to compare. I don't do well with Ylang Ylang and grapefruit scents.

My uneducated nose tells me that Yin Ylang has a little more sparkle than CTY. Both smells great but they are just not me.

@ xev, I'll request for an email exchange so we can talk.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love this scent! I got it boosted with heart to heart empathy potion so I made it into a spray and it smells even better! It's so soft and feminine and beautiful. The grapefruit isn't strong at all, there is just a hint. It's creamy, slighty sour and the pink sugar isn't too strong. Everything is well balanced. I want a lifetime supply.

• 1 year later...

I got this through a trade boosted with p-83...I'm not sure what it does, but in the grocery store, a few kids came near me asking their dad what smelled so good because it smelled like candy. The dad wasnt sure, so his kids opened all of the frozen food cases looking for where the smell was coming from. While on his phone, the dad started making convo about an item n my basket, which was awkward!! It reminds me of Adrienne's Tangy Ylang, but its not as tangy, and has a buttery/cakey scent at first. The scent is very sweet and pink!