Adrienne's hot treacle trollop

ivy_fiddlefox

Received a sample w/my order, This reminds my of LP Black and LP Pink, gotta go back and read ingredients/scents on all three. I WANT TO BE DRENCHED IN THIS ! but at the same time am now in the mood for pancakes or french toast, or perhaps I just want SP to ......

anyone want to split a btl of this one ?

Edited by liz

Okay, this is the one that's like SB's and mine, except cinnamon charged. I KNEW this one would be great.

Okay, this is the one that's like SB's and mine, except cinnamon charged. I KNEW this one would be great.

I didn't get any of your or SB's editions, I bet they're great though, you both get the 'jist' of it .

Edited by liz

The C & J's Treacle Trollop is ours. We designed the recipe together after watching a hot hockey game, so both our initials are on it. How cool is that!

A hot hockey game, hmmm? Sounds like I NEED to get me that one then :666:

NOW I am understanding the canadian maple syrup side of things :lol:

A hot hockey game, hmmm? Sounds like I NEED to get me that one then :666:

NOW I am understanding the canadian maple syrup side of things :lol:

heee heee heee... You need to come up for the next one... BTW - are we on for the night of the 14th? Game only or should we be expecting an after party?

The C & J's Treacle Trollop is ours. We designed the recipe together after watching a hot hockey game, so both our initials are on it. How cool is that!

perhaps I'll get a sample of your/and SB's with my next order, and you say the only difference is the cinnamon ?

perhaps I'll get a sample of your/and SB's with my next order, and you say the only difference is the cinnamon ?

Actually, it's a little more involved than that. The ingredients are the same in name, but I used different sources for the ingredients so that it smells different in the final form - not just the addition of cinnamon.

C&J ordered a big supply of their blend, so I sent them a handful of extra sniffies to share around at their discretion. No one else got any.

M & D indicated that the patchouli is also drier and the concentrations of brown sugar and maple are slightly different. It should smell drier than ours. Ours has vanilla instead of cinnamon and should be a little creamier than this one. They are very similar, but different enough to justify a bottle of both if you feel so inclined. I am looking forward to trying them side-by-side to see how they compare.

Actually, it's a little more involved than that. The ingredients are the same in name, but I used different sources for the ingredients so that it smells different in the final form - not just the addition of cinnamon.

C&J ordered a big supply of their blend, so I sent them a handful of extra sniffies to share around at their discretion. No one else got any.

Look! She's feeding our addiction. I love it!! Thanks. :D

So, I have this on side by side with Hot Treacle Trollop (I'll post this in both review sections)...

Hot Treacle Trollop smells like hot dry cinnamon. Like throwing cinnamon over an open flame. Very dry. The patchouli is also very dry, like hot crispy resin. It makes me feel parched and like I need to take off all of my clothes just smelling it. It smells like how Hot Damn (the alcohol) tastes mixed with a dry patchouli. The maple and brown sugar even it out and ground it just enough. It is sweet, but in a dry kind of way. Like the brown sugar was left out to dry and harden and the maple is more like dry crisp maple leaves rather than a thick syrup.

C & J's Treacle Trollop is much creamier and more in line with the feel of LP Black. The vanilla is warm and predominant. The patchouli is deeper and creamier. Aged, but moist. The brown sugar is sweet and moist and the maple is like a pure maple syrup.

Edited to add that I had both samples on the same hand (different sides). They smell fantastic together! Probably my new favorite pairing...

Edited by sultry brunette

M & D indicated that the patchouli is also drier and the concentrations of brown sugar and maple are slightly different. It should smell drier than ours. Ours has vanilla instead of cinnamon and should be a little creamier than this one. They are very similar, but different enough to justify a bottle of both if you feel so inclined. I am looking forward to trying them side-by-side to see how they compare.

That's because I had wanted the sugared patchouli, I think. I wanted the less amped patchouli version for me. I am a huge fan of the sugared patchouli. Drier is the perfect way to describe it. I had thought softer, but drier really hits it on the nose. The less drier versions can amp up fiercely on me and sometimes go awry depending on age and what's in the blend I think.

Meanwhile, I did order the C & J version and am looking forward to wearing it.

I've already raided this little sniffie twice! Being a cinn-a-ho (or is that cinny-bun?), I couldn't try this fast enough. A good snort of baking cinnamon - firm and sharp - anchored by the dry, airy patchouli. The whole effect is sexy, but like gazing through a sheer curtain.

As it dries down, cinnamon and the whisper of patchouli sweeten a little bit, but not much.

Veddy veddy nice.

This reminds me a lot of Everything Nice! I definitely get the syrupy, almost honeyed brown sugar quality that is delicious and it's spiced up with cinnamon. I'm not a huge cinnamon fan when it comes to scents so I don't love it, but it is a delicious scent!

Edited by donthate

• 1 year later...

Wow. This is sticky, spicy, sexy, downright indulgent. :D It really is like slathering yourself in brown sugar and maple syrup with a kick of sexiness and spice from the patchouli and cinnamon. Reminds me a bit of the brown-sugar-cinnamon gloop in Cinnabons except with maple syrup added and a seductive hint of patchouli. Mmmmmm.