C&J's Treacle Trollop

OMG, this is sooo much better than I expected! If you just love LP Black, you will LOVE this one! It is scrumptious. It is like we pulled out all of the best parts of Black and put them in a seperate bottle.

OK, now that I am done drooling... When wet, the patchouli is phenomenal and the vanilla has the same effect when combining with the patchouli that you experience in Black. The brown sugar and maple add a super sexy sweetness to it.

As it dries down, it morphes a little and the patchouli drops back a little (but just a little, it is still noticably there). The vanilla moves forward and the brown sugar and maple waft in and out. It is beautiful.

Well Done!

OMG! I actually squealed!! I'm so excited. We need to go to more hockey games for "motivation." I think this creation deserves a little Dom Banana... :banana052::banana052: One for each of us.

So, I have this on side by side with Hot Treacle Trollop (I'll post this in both review sections)...

Hot Treacle Trollop smells like hot dry cinnamon. Like throwing cinnamon over an open flame. Very dry. The patchouli is also very dry, like hot crispy resin. It makes me feel parched and like I need to take off all of my clothes just smelling it. It smells like how Hot Damn (the alcohol) tastes mixed with a dry patchouli. The maple and brown sugar even it out and ground it just enough. It is sweet, but in a dry kind of way. Like the brown sugar was left out to dry and harden and the maple is more like dry crisp maple leaves rather than a thick syrup.

C & J's Treacle Trollop is much creamier and more in line with the feel of LP Black. The vanilla is warm and predominant. The patchouli is deeper and creamier. Aged, but moist. The brown sugar is sweet and moist and the maple is like a pure maple syrup.

Edited to add that I had both samples on the same hand (different sides). They smell fantastic together! Probably my new favorite pairing...

Edited by sultry brunette

So, I have this on side by side with Hot Treacle Trollop (I'll post this in both review sections)...

Hot Treacle Trollop smells like hot dry cinnamon. Like throwing cinnamon over an open flame. Very dry. The patchouli is also very dry, like hot crispy resin. It makes me feel parched and like I need to take off all of my clothes just smelling it. It smells like how Hot Damn (the alcohol) tastes mixed with a dry patchouli. The maple and brown sugar even it out and ground it just enough. It is sweet, but in a dry kind of way. Like the brown sugar was left out to dry and harden and the maple is more like dry crisp maple leaves rather than a thick syrup.

C & J's Treacle Trollop is much creamier and more in line with the feel of LP Black. The vanilla is warm and predominant. The patchouli is deeper and creamier. Aged, but moist. The brown sugar is sweet and moist and the maple is like a pure maple syrup.

You know what happened LAST time we were around Hot Damn!!! :banana052:

You know what happened LAST time we were around Hot Damn!!! :banana052:

It was totally a flashback moment! I was trying to figure out what it smelled like, and then all of the sudden that memory flooded my mind and I then I realized what it reminded me of.

We termed an employee in our office today. I have to stay and provide moral support to her supervisor while she cleans out her desk. I may be a few minutes late coming over. I'll call you when I am on my way. Bringing my box!

I have three bottles of this magnificant creation. I kept going back over it to re-smell. I'm addicted. It's just as SB says, it's like we selected the best stand out notes from LP: Black and harnessed it. Wow!! I really, really love this one.

Request an e-mail exchange and maybe I'll be nice. :019-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

just saw this, still on the fence of which one to order and was reading all the feedback on yours and Adrienne's. If the offer still stands and your feeling nice, I'll email M/D for an email xchg. Let me know, thx.

Edited by liz

WOW ! That was quick ! You're right your's is creamy/buttery. I love both !!

anyone out there want to split bottles of C & J's Treacle Trollop AND Adrienne's Treacle Trollop ??

WOW ! That was quick ! You're right your's is creamy/buttery. I love both !!

anyone out there want to split bottles of C & J's Treacle Trollop AND Adrienne's Treacle Trollop ??

I'll split both with you. I decanted half of one of my bottles to send out the sniffies, so I am happy to replentish that. Do you want to order and decant or do you want me to?

Also, do you want to split using dollars or trade?

I'll split both with you. I decanted half of one of my bottles to send out the sniffies, so I am happy to replentish that. Do you want to order and decant or do you want me to?

Also, do you want to split using dollars or trade?

Trade, you buy one and I'll buy one, decant and send out, is that ok w/you ? but you'll need to email your address again......'the monkey' is chewing the envelope :020105~21: so can't see your addy anymore.

does this make sense ?

eta: I'll order on Thursday (payday), CANNOT use CC, watching the Presidential News Conference, our country is in a serious state of crisis, it's really kind of scary. Oh... and do care which one I order, let me know.

Edited by liz

Perfect sense. I'll shoot you an e-mail tonight (your e-mail address is at home). When you order, if you ask for an extra label in your notes they might include one. I was able to get extra labels for some of the decants I did recently.

I'll order Adrienne's if you order C&J's.

Perfect sense. I'll shoot you an e-mail tonight (your e-mail address is at home). When you order, if you ask for an extra label in your notes they might include one. I was able to get extra labels for some of the decants I did recently.

I'll order Adrienne's if you order C&J's.

SB... I have 5ml rollon btls

Photos%208.17.08%20013_thumb.jpg and if I'm not mistaken should be 1/2, but I don't think the label will fit :unsure: . Am I asking for a label of Ardrienne's PE for the one you're sending me ? (I'm really not this stupid, it's the full moon, makes me loopy)

SB... I have 5ml rollon btls

and if I'm not mistaken should be 1/2, but I don't think the label will fit :unsure: . Am I asking for a label of Ardrienne's PE for the one you're sending me ? (I'm really not this stupid, it's the full moon, makes me loopy)

Oh, then don't worry about it. I assumed you had 10ml bottles. Silly me. I have 6ml bottles coming, so your 1/2 will come in one of those. They are a little bigger than yours, so it won't be completely full.

I absolutely love this scent. It's delicious! Sweet and rich and creamy maple patchouli. Definitely getting another bottle.

I knew you'd love it!! :lol:

• 1 year later...

I wanted to unleash this on Quince because he's a fan of Sugared Amber (and to a lesser extent Sugared Patchouli) but my first question was, "Is it treacle-y?"

*sniff*

"No, not really. But it is very nice."

And then there was much NOMing. :)

I was afraid the maple might put him off, but I get more of a "dry" impression as opposed to how it is used in other blends, like Raven Moon. The creamy aspect doesn't really detract from the "snap" of the resins, IMO. They retain their own characteristics even with the sweet notes. This makes me think of maple sugar and burning leaves, if that makes any sense. Very fall-like although the sort of thing you could wear year-round whenever you get a craving for thick sweetened resins, which I often do. :)

I can see why this was such a beloved PE and I will enjoy it as well!

• 1 month later...

This is just wow. :) It's creamy, it's resinous, it's foody, it's sexy, it's downright delicious. Rich vanilla maple, amber, a sexy dash of patchouli...there isn't really much more to say because this is love.

I don't like patch but this is so sexypie sweet that I slather it anyway. It reminds me a lot of Buns of Cinn in that it's pretty in-your-face and "obvious" at first but then gets really rich and "blooms" over time, and lasts for hours if not days. :)