Has 'Super' for women or 'Super Sexy' unscented go rank on anyone but me?

When I apply 'Super' for women, within nanoseconds it is morphing into road tar. The scent of road tar anyway. It has that wonderfully sweet cake batter smell in the vial, but turns rank as soon as it hits my particular skin. What's so puzzling is it didn't do this the first few times I used it. I don't know if something like a diet change is altering my skin chemistry to cause this or what, but so far that is the only LP that does it. I'm trying to decide if it's the fragrance oils in it or if it's the 'Super Sexy' pheros before I drop $40 on 'Super Sexy'.

Is this happening with anyone but me??? I actually suspect it IS the 'Super Sexy', since no other LPs are doing this on me. Would anyone with 'Super Sexy' unscented be willing to sell me a decant so I can test this theory?

YES. As a matter of fact, I believe there is a thread about Scented Super= pee on here too.

And for me too, it is the only LP that does this... but it REALLY does something odd. I am utterly perplexed by the reviews of people it works on, all innocent cake smells, when on me it has a sharp tanged uriney edge-- WTH? :wink2:

I have no idea what it's about. I smell unscented pheroblends distinctly but nothing like this... I have no idea if it's just the SS blend of pheros that turn on me (I'd gladly try a sample too, to just to see if it's a mone-alone quirk but NO way am I getting a bottle of SS, considering!) Maybe it's a bizarre combo of mones and notes that is either hit or miss in a big way.

I'm not in the mood to try Super on now, but soon I will and try again to deconstruct the issue, it's perplexing! But rest assured Darbla you are not alone. I'm a little sad to be missing out on the 'real' scent, because for those it doesn't wonk on it sounds delicious. But, like you said, it's the only one that does this, I've still got (WAY too;-) many LPs to cherish and covet :love:

I'l chime in on this one. Super smells like sharp metal and maple syrup (not in a good way)on me.Me, Jane too. I cannot wear either one. I wear SS by itself, and as an add in in alot of scents. For me it isn't the pheros. I don't know why the scent hates me in these two cases. I do not get any soft cake batter at all from super, it's just harsh, nutty maple. YMMV

Well, the scent of Super for women just did not work with my chemistry, but I was not perplexed by that, because not all scents work for me....my skin is strange, I guess. But, I have had many of my other LP scents spiked with Super Sexy pheros, and have also used the unscented, and have never had the issue crop up again.

As for a sample, there were some decant circles for the unscented pheros, I think......

To me SUPER for Women (the perfume) was sharply metallic and distinctly yuk. It didn't work. Now I just got another sample - I'm going to try it again and see if time has changed anything.

But I don't think it's the phero....in my case I have 3 others with SS that I adore: Honeyed Seductions, JALN, and Rocket Fuel...it's one of my fave phero mixes, but the buttercreamy-cakey promise of SUPER never materialized for me.

LOL, I've gone on about this one often enough but this time I will say that although I know the SS blend does have a metallic quality to it (both versions) for my nose, I am beginning to wonder if the benzoin is the primary culprit for me, because in some other LPMP fragrances with benzoin I get the same effect.

OK, I received 'Just A Little Naughty' yesterday and I am sooooo happy to report it's absolutely wonderful! None of the stink that happens with 'Super for Women'. :( That gives me hope it's not the 'Super Sexy' that is the problem, and I may spring for it after all!

I love JALN! Wearing it right now...

Got my other sample of SUPER perfume, tried it again.

Yup, metallic icky taste on the back of my tongue...same as before. Aging didn't help it any. Sad sad me.

Wow, ya'll are making me paranoid now...surely it can't work as well as I thought it did for me, right?! :unsure: I mean, I know Dolly's skin chemistry and mine are probably polar opposites, but I thought CC & I were pretty close that way...

Wow, ya'll are making me paranoid now...surely it can't work as well as I thought it did for me, right?! :unsure: I mean, I know Dolly's skin chemistry and mine are probably polar opposites, but I thought CC & I were pretty close that way...

I dont think this is a total skin issue for me. I think it is a honey and only smell pheros thing. SO I wouldnt worry about it skinwise, this is a personal preference :)

If that makes sense... :)

In the scented variety, I think it is the champagne note and the drop of ginger that is going wonky on some people. It works great on my skin, Ail loves it too, but Danna gets that metallic note on her skin as well. The champagne is slightly metallic, and so is the Super phero blend (which I thought was kinda cool - as a "Man of Steel" reference. :) )

In the scented variety, I think it is the champagne note and the drop of ginger that is going wonky on some people. It works great on my skin, Ail loves it too, but Danna gets that metallic note on her skin as well. The champagne is slightly metallic, and so is the Super phero blend (which I thought was kinda cool - as a "Man of Steel" reference. ;) )

See now THIS makes sense. I find the smell...hmm dryish? And too me these scent notes would create that for a youngin like me :)

I just put on Super for women after not using it for about two months, and it started out like yummy cake batter but in around 10-15 minutes headed south, which it never did before. It always stayed pretty much like cake batter. This time it was I guess metallic would be the best way to describe it. Not like cake batter and sharp. I just covered it with C&J's treacle trollup which took the edge off but that sharpness is giving the patchouli a run for its money, and I didn't think anything could give patchouli a run for its money. Luckily the sweet maple in that mix is what's coming out.

In the scented variety, I think it is the champagne note and the drop of ginger that is going wonky on some people. It works great on my skin, Ail loves it too, but Danna gets that metallic note on her skin as well. The champagne is slightly metallic, and so is the Super phero blend (which I thought was kinda cool - as a "Man of Steel" reference. :lol: )

And of course (!), you are absolutely correct in that Effervescence is doing the exact same thing on me. Although I still believe that benzoin and I do not get along.