Scandalous & Scandalous 2009

Teggy

Manifestation at the beach is yummy. It turns into a mermaid scent when you have the ocean rolling in the background, and adding that touch of salty seaweed.

Unfortunately, in my case it doesn't "stick" on me.

:rolleyes:

May

Try it layered with the D5-it stays on top of the skin better

i would, but Mermaids hit the oil simmerer a while ago.

I'm going to try the D5 experiment with New Year's Evil though!

May

I'm wearing Scandalous again today. I love that cinnamon note...

I do sooooo hope Cindy gets it rebrewed! In the meantime, apart from Native Soil, which I sadly missed... what else has that cinnamony yumminess? ;)

May

Hmmmm, Cinnamon...

Sugared Cinnamon (also sold out, but we can make more), Sugar Fried Bananas, Plaisirs de la Nuit (Pleasures of the Night - tres voodoo-ey), LP RED!

I LOVED Native Soil. Maybe we can talk 'Big D' into making it again.

Hmmmm, Cinnamon...

Sugared Cinnamon (also sold out, but we can make more), Sugar Fried Bananas, Plaisirs de la Nuit (Pleasures of the Night - tres voodoo-ey), LP RED!

I LOVED Native Soil. Maybe we can talk 'Big D' into making it again.

I have Red and have tried the others, except Sugared Cinnamon. Unfortunately Plaisirs does not "stick" (I can't wait for the D5 to arrive).

Daaaannnnnaaaaa? Please, please Native soil?? :rainman:

May

I've always been ambivalent about Scandalous because I thought it was a great idea to have a different take on LP Red, but it turns out that while I enjoy the syrupy-sweetness of Red (although I have to balance it out with Black for my tastes) the cinnamon in Scandalous is a little too prominent for me. If my skin didn't amp it (and it usually does, along with cassia) then it would probably be just right, somewhat less sweet than Red but equally sexy.

I have Red and have tried the others, except Sugared Cinnamon. Unfortunately Plaisirs does not "stick" (I can't wait for the D5 to arrive).

Daaaannnnnaaaaa? Please, please Native soil?? :003-[Drooling]-[EmoticonKing.co

May

Native Soil is very hard to make-perhaps later this year.

:c352-0016:

Don't you just love that face?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm wearing Scandalous again today. I love that cinnamon note...

I do sooooo hope Cindy gets it rebrewed! :(

Hi, everyone! Today I returned my bottle of scandalous to Magicalomaha... It was too heavy for me, so now you know there is one more bottle in stock if you are interested.. :dancingfruits0nm:

I just got my bottle of Scandalous......WOW. Very nice.....and everyone was right.....LP Red and Sugared Amber mixed......but a little more cinnamon-y.....Ooooooh, I like this one!!

I just got my bottle of Scandalous......WOW. Very nice.....and everyone was right.....LP Red and Sugared Amber mixed......but a little more cinnamon-y.....Ooooooh, I like this one!!

Now you know why I had to have two... :) YUM! :(

May

• 9 months later...

LP Red is not one of my favorites. I enjoy it, but don't LOVE it. This one however, is PERFECT! Please, please, please rebrew! The amber is fantastic, and I LOVE the cinnamon. I really enjoy cinnamon, so it is no surprise that I really enjoy this one. All I was able to score is enough of a sample for one application. So sad!

I would bathe in a vat of this stuff if I could. I am in love with Red and complete lust with Scandalous. This is an intense sexed up version of Red and I respond like Pavlov's dog everytime someone mentions this fragrance. Not pretty or ladylike. :blink:

• 5 weeks later...

On dry down, this was a lovely incense aroma on me, just like in a new age store that I went to ages ago. The store is long since gone, but I have good memories of it. The scent on me is a sweet vanilla incense. It's strange to smell it on me as perfume, but also comforting with good memories.

I would bathe in a vat of this stuff if I could. I am in love with Red and complete lust with Scandalous. This is an intense sexed up version of Red and I respond like Pavlov's dog everytime someone mentions this fragrance. Not pretty or ladylike. :(

I could not describe this other than i intensely love it - this is exactly it, it is LP red's cooler, older, sexier cousin - i had mixed Lp red with BI - and it was great but now i see it was like dressing up in cousin's closet - you could wear the clothes but you still were too young to hang out with the crowd - in my mix i could still detect the BI like a bitter tang of the white part of grapefruit and here the BI is seemlessly blended - lightly fruited grapefuit tang - AMAZING - i'm thinking of ordering another bottle

• 2 weeks later...

I got this with the Cougar added in - why not, right?

This is WAY apricotty. The cinnamon I don't even note until well after drydown, as it is a big old slather of apricot sexy...

And why, pray tell, do I find the scent of apricots sexy? I've no idea but I do.

DH likes this one - he buries his nose in it's soft apricotty honey cinnamony goodness.

I'm sure the Cougar doesn't hurt either...

This sounds so good, plus I haven't tried Cougar yet.

Pony, you are an enabler!

I figure if I'm going down, I might as well have a full ship of good company...and we'll all smell delectable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, the lovely Chrish sold me Scandalous 2009 in the trade post and I received it today.

WOW- Creamy, spicy goodness. A bit of cake, a bit of vanilla, I can definetly smell that apricot- in fact, to me this smells almost exactly like my beloved LP LE 2009, which we all know is gone.

It also seems to have a lil kick of pepper? YUM!

Some of you know (shame on me), that of all my Lp's, I don't own RED. But This here, is da bomb!

Its still being sold over at Magical Omaha and Scent addict too. If you miss LP LE 09, I highly recommend picking this up. It's tasty and I'm sure I'll be tackled this evening! Ohhh Yeah! :)

oooo-this goes all carmelized cinnamon crunch cake on the drydown---yummmmmmmy!!!!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 4 months later...

This one really hits sexy out of the park (though it's in hot contention with Passion & Desire, let me tell you!) It's a deep, dark, indulgent, lick-it-off-me breed of luscious. I'm a huge fan of treacle, and the treacle in this absolutely divine and takes the whole thing to another level of sticky depths. The smooth, sweet vanilla and slightly tangy apricot complement it perfectly, the amber adds even more depth, and the cinnamon and patchouli hike it up one more sensual notch. Now if this isn't man bait..... :magicstick:

• 2 years later...

The bottle that I bought back in April 2008 was "lost" and I just found it in June when I was visiting my Mom.....apparently I had left it there when I went to visit her in the summer of 2008......not knowing whose it was, she put it way up on top of the bathroom cabinets, way in the back (so nobody would "walk off with it", so she said)......we found it while cleaning this year, and I ended up bringing it back with me. Am wearing it today, and it has aged soooooo well.......the cinnamon is not sharp AT ALL....it is smooth and luscious and oh so rich.....mmmmmmmm

• 1 year later...

Just got one from Magical Omaha. Mine says V3 on the bottle so I am not sure when it was brewed but it is a nice balanced blend and easy to wear everyday. I can pick up the similarities to LP Red but the sugared amber helps it not be an in your face blend. Too bad it is sold at MO because I would have a bottle Laced and Copped....Scandalous Red Lace....LOL

I may have to mix one on my own with LP Red and Sugared Amber that have been pheroed and copped.

^^ IE you could just get a trial of OCCo Red and dump it in your FB.

I thought Scandalous had Audacious in it..?

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

I just bought this today off MO and I think Mara should rebrew this, as well as Passion & Desire, and we could have a "Best of the Red" voting frenzie for the fall. I love sugared amber and love LP red and my only complaint is that I have to go elsewhere to get this winning combo!!!

• 1 year later...

Wowowowowow. Got Scandalous in the sale - hope this is the right review thread for V3.

The comparison I would make between Scandalous and LP Red is Scandalous is like a dry wine while LP Red is sweeter. Scandalous starts off to me with a burst of sweetness from the treacle (I think), but it's quickly balanced out by the amber and cinnamon. It's SO GOOD. I don't get as much of the sweet apricot in Scandalous as in LP Red. It's like the "older sister" to LP Red if that makes any sense at all. I haven't tried layering with OCCO Red yet but will soon.

I think I'm going to grab another bottle. Swoooooon.

Edited by Midnight Requiem