Amanda's Shimmering Gardenia

Amanda

I just love this! This is exactly what I wanted. This smells like what I picture the "beautiful people" smelling like. Thanks so much, you ladies did a wonderful job!

When I first put this on, I think I smell the vanilla mixing with the gardenia. Now that it has dried, I smell the gardenia softened with a little powdered sugar, it's just lovely!

this is a nice clear fresh gardenia scent, classic and elagant and not old lady floral, very nice, so glad i got a sniffee to try this.

It also has a very good throw, you don't need a lot

• 4 months later...

This one is interesting. I usually never wear strong floral scents except for bethrotal which I love.

But I get a slightly spicy - warm floral scent (maybe it's just my skin) and then there is some nice vanilla. It's really fresh, I'm not into florals but I like this one. Will definately be keeping this sniffle, I really like how this is so fresh.

This one is interesting. I usually never wear strong floral scents except for bethrotal which I love. But I get a slightly spicy - warm floral scent (maybe it's just my skin) and then there is some nice vanilla. It's really fresh, I'm not into florals but I like this one. Will definately be keeping this sniffle, I really like how this is so fresh.

It goes very spicy on me. But the gardenia is pleasant and strong. I don't get any vanilla for hours.

• 11 months later...

This one smells so nice wet, but turns "plasticy" on me as it dries.....too bad, it's such a gorgeous Gardenia.

Ok, 30 minutes later & the "Plastic" smell is gone. It's nice sweet Gardenia. The question is can I survive 30 minutes of "Plastic" to get to this....

Edited by paganlady

• 5 years later...

I am amazed at myself that I never reviewed this one, it's one of my all-time favorite gardenia scents! It has a three-dimensional quality, it reminds me of when I was younger, every time my mom and I visited my cousin Bernie, she had a gardenia bush right outside her front door and I would take several blossoms home, floating them in bowls of water, intoxicated by the scent. The additional sweetness serves to really deepen the inherent quality of the gardenia, so beautiful.

I LOVE Gardenia, luna! As you likely know, it is ruled by your forum name. I also love Tuberose and Night Blooming Cereus. My cheemistry has changed, yet again, and where white flowers never used to work on my skin, I am adoring them now. Oh, and Orange Blossom, too!

I've always loved white florals like gardenia, jasmine and honeysuckle, I just have to be careful with some of them, like tuberose and lotus, and some I can't wear no matter what, like magnolia and lily.

I have always loved them too, luna. Only recently that I have been able to actually wear them well, and as with you, I do have to be careful with some of the white florals. They can be a bit bitey, sweet, and spikey on me. BUT... if they are well balanced with other notes to smooth and soften them, they are just incredible.