Aging pheros?

A question for you all, dear ladies. Perfumed oils often age so nicely-especially if they have resins in them. They just become lovelier and deeper over time. What if they have pheromones in them? I assume the storage guidelines are the same: cool and dark. Will the pheros just become less efficacious over time or will they affect the scent of the perfume as well? Do oils that are phero-enhanced have a "use by" date?

Thanks for indulging my curiosity :)

I have discussed this issue with Dr. Stone, who makes our pheros for us. He said that they have tested the their formulas at the 3 year mark and have found 0% degradation. As the base of the pheros is actually a preservative (alcohol), it extends the life of the perfume.

This is super as I was just snuffling my unscented mixes yesterday and wondering if I should begin to hoard those Pharmacon versions that I LOVE before they sell out...but I wondered if they would last, as I don't go through them that fast.

This is really very good news.

I have discussed this issue with Dr. Stone, who makes our pheros for us. He said that they have tested the their formulas at the 3 year mark and have found 0% degradation. As the base of the pheros is actually a preservative (alcohol), it extends the life of the perfume.

Thank you very much! And wow. I never would have thought that they were so stable.

• 7 years later...

Mara does the effectiveness of certain pheros diminish with age? I don't know how that could ever be accurately tested or verified, but I'm curious.

(P.S. I love how my spellcheck wants me to Walk Like an Egyptian and turn pheros into pharaohs. Yes that Bangles song is screaming in my head as I type ;)

The aforementioned test is the only one we have. Zero degradation after 3 years when stored in a cool dark place.

I assume cops would last a very long time as well, as they are essentially a collection of vinegars, which is self-preserving and never goes bad when treated correctly.

If treated badly, like left in a car which is about the worst thing you can do, your products would probably last little more than 3 months.

So just keep your perfumes and pheros in a cool dark place and you should have nothing to worry about! :)