How long do these perfumes last for?

Do they go bad after a year or so or do we need to put them in the fridge?

Just curious..I have heard that this is a good way to preserve the lasting effects of perfume...from going bad or getting "sour"

anyone has any suggestions?

:)

Luna is answering as I type this, I think.

Keep in moderately cool dark place, but not refrigerated. Mara also mentioned that the pheros help preserve the oils even longer. She mentioned something like 3 years - they are incredibly stable.

I store mine in a wooden box on my vanity. Downside - I can't see the pretty labels.

M&D are the final authoriites, of course, but as I understand it from my experiences with artisan perfumers, perfume oils do not go "bad," they do not spoil. Certain components lose their potency over time (like citrus, for example) but others improve with age (i.e. patchouli). I believe refrigeration will cause unnecessary seperation, much like heat would (again, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I've read), so just a cool (temperate) dark place is good to store scents in general.

There is another thread somewhere on the forum where the perfume masters comment on this. They mentioned that they use to refridgerate the oils as they thought that was best, but then they found out it isnt. Just like Luna mentioned extreme hots and colds can have negative effects. It is best to keep them in a cool dark place. Not freezing :)

Hope this helps. ANd if I stumble across the other thread I will post it here

Edited by Curiouschic

I know I have asked this question many times myself.

What I remember from mara was that keeping the oils in a normal temperature in a dark place was best. That too cold or too hot isnt good so do not put them in the fridge. Also that the oils alone are good to about 6 years and up since resins can last for decades , and that when the pheros were tested at a 3 year stage they did not show any sign of breaking down. Hope I remembered correctly so far.

Edited by Vivica

• 2 months later...

I have an interesting phero observation. Twice now I've worn Unscented Cougar under multiple layers of a regular LP scent. The phero seems to eat the scent. Am I the only one this happens to or is this a common thing? Bad phero!

I have an interesting phero observation. Twice now I've worn Unscented Cougar under multiple layers of a regular LP scent. The phero seems to eat the scent. Am I the only one this happens to or is this a common thing? Bad phero!

I havent noticed this, but I am going to test this out. I usually wear my pheros beside my scent (phero on first then scent applied beside). I find the phero scents tend to last FOREVER on me, so this is unusual...

All I seem to be left with is the unscented phero smell. It's not offensive, it just seems to absorb the actual scent. I didn't know if this happened to a lot of people. I would probably be better of with a phero already blended in with the scent. :wink2:

All I seem to be left with is the unscented phero smell. It's not offensive, it just seems to absorb the actual scent. I didn't know if this happened to a lot of people. I would probably be better of with a phero already blended in with the scent. :wink2:

Do you let the phero drydown completley before applying the scent?

How much UN Cougar, and what was the scent? That might help figure it out... I would not be surprised to find that a certain pheros swallow up certain notes. But damned if I know which! If that IS the case we're all gonna just have to sleuth it out... :wink2:

Straight EoW notwithstanding, of course. I think we're on to that one :)

Another curiousity, similar vein... I wonder about altering the scent in general with boosters. Some mixes must just 'work together' both scent and intention, but boosting has to change the scent a little.

Anyone out there noticed significant differences-- good, bad, or whatever-- with their boosted potions v their 'old school' sisters?

As far as the Potion-Eating Pheros Case (potion-> :drink2: <-pheros, get it? PEP-C? Grooooan!), Jo Anna, please get us started!

Do you let the phero drydown completley before applying the scent?

I cannot confirm or deny the completion of the drydown. I believe the first time, no. The second time, yes. Today, I put Dominance on long before I applied the scent (Red). I put a lot of Red on. If you can imagine, the Red is still there but appears faint. When I wear Red normally, it stays forever. Wow! Maybe the pheros want exclusive rights to me. :wink2:

As far as the Potion-Eating Pheros Case (potion-> :drink2: <-pheros, get it? PEP-C? Grooooan!), Jo Anna, please get us started!

...Nice kblazin', niiiiice... :wink2:

How much UN Cougar, and what was the scent? That might help figure it out... I would not be surprised to find that a certain pheros swallow up certain notes. But damned if I know which! If that IS the case we're all gonna just have to sleuth it out... :wink2:

Straight EoW notwithstanding, of course. I think we're on to that one :lol:

Another curiousity, similar vein... I wonder about altering the scent in general with boosters. Some mixes must just 'work together' both scent and intention, but boosting has to change the scent a little.

Anyone out there noticed significant differences-- good, bad, or whatever-- with their boosted potions v their 'old school' sisters?

The Cougar was liberal. :) The first scent was EGG 2009 (gone in 60 seconds) and then the second one was Slave to Sin.

As I stated previously, I don't believe EGG is a good cover for any phero, it's just too delicate.

In my experience, Dominance tends to overpower anything it's blended/covered with. Same thing with the Pharmacom Cougar, which is why it needs something really robust (I've used it with Sugared Honeycomb and UNE which lend an additional aura of sex so the phero scent isn't entirely overwhelming).

The Cougar was liberal. :BananaRow: The first scent was EGG 2009 (gone in 60 seconds) and then the second one was Slave to Sin.

Very interesting... I could see bleedthrough with Egg, but S2S is crazy strong on me, and mine is amped (Dom.) I never wear it though so it's not getting the love it deserves... the bottle's a bit of a leaker though, so it's getting out anyway, and the scent-soaked label smells really nice ;)

I giggle when I look at the oil-soaked pinup art, it's a funny image to me that the scent is just that aggressive. I've been trying to find something to blend it with but nothing can stand up to it!

Alls I can say is that must've been one hungry Cougar! :Hug_emoticon:

Try Sugared Lavender with Slave to sin. It's CC's creation, and I ADORE it!!!

Don't have Sugared Lavender, sounds yum though!

On a whim, I grabbed my Slave and what was next to it but Hotter than Hell... :Hug_emoticon:

:J001: :J001: :J001: Nothin to say but O... M... G...! (Hot) Slave is finally getting out of the house!