Love Potion: PINK

therapygirl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got this in my sampler set. I thought I wouldn't like this because I don't like Pink Sugar or things that smell like candy, but I actually really like this! The top notes are very candylike but I can distinguish the berries and lemon, instead of it melding into one big candy or bubblegum smell like I feared. And the LP base gives this depth, so I don't feel like a high schooler like I do with commercial pinky fragrances. It's uplifting and bright for the summer!

I still prefer LP Red to this, but I have to be in a certain mood to wear LP Red (I think due to the dark resins). LP Pink is a happy scent I can wear every day.

Hi, there, Hedgehog! I don't know if I mentioned this before, but this Pink one of two perfumes PERIOD I can wear at the office. (The other one is pink sugar and lemon, ha ha!) And yes, it does make me very happy. In fact, it makes my entire office happy! My young office manager (really cute guy!) mentioned that he really appreciated me wearing it because it changed the mood of the urgent care to something bearable and asked me how he could get a few bottles for his wife. What a nice compliment!

As for Red, that's only used by me if I want to be sexually assaulted by a bull moose. (You will have to find that thread somewhere...)

I know!! It's a really, happy perfume – both on you and others! That's why it's my all-time favorite of the ones offered by Love Potion. I remember when it first came out, I wrote to them and begged them to make this one of their regulars, it was THAT good! And it never gave me a migraine (or my other friends similarly afflicted) so I could wear it at the urgent care.

What a cool idea! I only wish I could smell this combo... Will have to consider that the next time I order another Pink. Thanks for the recommendation!!

1 hour ago, Borderbumble said:

What a cool idea! I only wish I could smell this combo... Will have to consider that the next time I order another Pink. Thanks for the recommendation!!

Let us know how you like it ! It's probably my fave Lace pairing, aside from LP Red Lace :)

Borderbumble, that story about LP Red was hilarious! I would have loved to hear the internal dialogue of that moose...  LPs are POWERFUL! 

I love how your LP Pink brightens your mood and brightens up the entire office as well! I like to think of all of us LP wearers going out and making the world a brighter place wherever we go.   I thought LP Pink might be too pink and candylike for the office (I usually wear something like Sensual Harmony), but you've convinced me. Monday will be LP Pink day. :)

• 3 months later...
On 4/24/2019 at 3:22 PM, Borderbumble said:

Oh, if only you tried the absolute original!! I have adored this one since it first came out. It is still the only one I could wear at a physician's office. You can't wear much in terms of scents because of people who might get migraines, but this one... this one was a big exception. I got some of the neatest compliments... not sexual ones but happy ones. It was amazing how guys reacted... especially commenting that they wanted their wives to take a sniff because Pink was so much more... pleasing and less sharp to their noses. Most wives gave me a bad look. Their problem...

I adore the ones I have stashed away many years ago.

I cracked open one of the new bottles I ordered during the recent summer sale and it was different. It was so light weight as compared to my old bottles. I guess I'll have to let these bottles marinate for a couple of years before using them.

Sadly, my cat Jon Snow does not like LP Pink. When I have it on my wrists, he flinches like I'm going to hit him when I reach out to pet him! So awful. It's going on my trade page because I cannot handle any variety of shunning from a cat. 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:00 PM, Eastwood22 said:

Sadly, my cat Jon Snow does not like LP Pink. When I have it on my wrists, he flinches like I'm going to hit him when I reach out to pet him! So awful. It's going on my trade page because I cannot handle any variety of shunning from a cat. 

Poor Jon Snow. How does he react to Red? In my experience cats like LP Red. 

10 hours ago, Beccah said:

Poor Jon Snow. How does he react to Red? In my experience cats like LP Red. 

I'm not sure about Red but I love me some Rouge and he's never had a problem with it. Just for fun, I put on LP Pumpkin with Aja tonight and approached him, and he was fine. The only other time a cat, Charlie specifically, has been troubled by my scent was with freshly applied/still wet pheros. Both times, she looked at me like I was suddenly an ominous stranger and bolted fast. Maybe that's what's wrong with Jon Snow and LP Pink, he knows I'm not a pink scent person. He's terrified of the alien body snatcher lurking behind my pink-scented wrists. 

Edited by Eastwood22

• 8 months later...

Hello! Newbie here ☺️ I just got this in and couldn’t wait to try it out. I put some on my wrist and was met with a delicious swirl of spun sugar, whipped vanilla clouds, luscious berries and fluffy cotton candy. This totally exceeded my expectations!! It smells beyond good. I’m ordering the full size ASAP. I can’t wait to test it while going about my day.

• 1 month later...

This one makes me so happy when I wear it and I think it affects other people around me too. As most people have said others tend to be nicer with the LP varieties. Lol

I reach for this when I'm in a bad mood. I love how the amber and patch ground this one from being too cloying. It's such a beautiful scent and I am not a pink girly scent fan.

1 hour ago, Vika said:

This one makes me so happy when I wear it and I think it affects other people around me too. As most people have said others tend to be nicer with the LP varieties. Lol

I reach for this when I'm in a bad mood. I love how the amber and patch ground this one from being too cloying. It's such a beautiful scent and I am not a pink girly scent fan.

LP Pink has the same effect on me ! It's deliciously scented happy juice, especially paired with Lace & some DHEAS. It also goes great with Topper, Cougar, Open Windows...so many pheros, & it pairs beautifully with almost every OCCO that I have too...OCCO Pink ( of course, lol ) OCCO White, Lavender Buttercream, Orange Droolicious, BMM, OCCO Ambrosia....so many options with Pink 🥰 

Edited by StrawberryKitten

Wore LP Pink today and no phero (I usually wear LFM but it’s a Friday and I just wanted to be relaxed and fun instead of in queen mode.) One of my cubemates got downright giggly. He is a 45 year old man. 😄

Another coworker talked to me for almost two hours and volunteered to recommend me for a yet unannounced covid related team.  I’m excited because I am so bad at office politics and so usually don’t get invited to these things.  
sometimes I forget the power of an LP by itself. Pretty amazing.  

• 2 months later...

Even when having to wear masks this stuff still works. People are still super friendly and accommodating. Getting my tire fixed "you can wait wherever you'd like in your car, in the garage or in the waiting room." 😂

Yeah see, that's the thing about artisan fragrance: it really can be a completely different experience for each person.  For some people it can also depend on hormonal cycles and what not.

• 2 months later...

I haven't seen a lot of people talking about this but I got this in the spray version and I have to say it's even more beautiful and almost more concentrated than the oil itself probably because it's more dispersed. In the oil it continually morphs which is what I love about perfume oils in general, they morph to become one with you but the spray version just smells so vanilla-y and almost cake like. I love it. 

• 1 year later...

Ah yes beloved LP Pink is my go to if I’m not sure of what to wear. Layerable with compatible scents too. Like I wouldn’t layer it with an earthy scent unless I wanted to sweeten the earthy one up. Now that I say that here, seems could be layered w anything even though I usually solo slather🤩
I keep 1 lp pink vial in my purse in my ‘on the go’ everyday lp kit. 😊 Really perfect for all situations and or just to smell really good!!

• 3 weeks later...

I was pleasantly surprised that LP Pink didn’t smell sickeningly sweet. It is an uplifting versatile everyday scent, not too ‘young’ and girly, suitable for all ages, I would say. I prefer it to LP Black. LP Red feels more suitable for more intimate situations where you want to attract the other person and have them sniff your skin over and over. 

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Wow, I had a half bottle of the 2009 brew that I gave away a few years ago while getting a dear friend into indie perfumes during lockdown (it was a nice way of bonding while we were all isolated, and I had to get her stocked up on some goodies!) and I just bought a new bottle finally--I’m actually shocked by how different they smell! I wouldn't have guessed they were the same potion in a blind sniff. I can't compare them side by side but 2009 had more of a creamy body, the feature of this one is a fuzzy cotton candy floss texture. In character I want to say 2009 was similar to Fairy Cake: Rose but that might be because I just got a bottle of it. Not that they smell the same, just similar vibe with the pinky slightly tart vanilla creaminess. The texture of this new one really reminds me of Pink Sugar by Aquolina, which was my daily scent back in high school and triggered my indie perfume love affair. I remember seeing somewhere online that LP: Pink was superior to Pink Sugar (true, obviously!), which got me looking, and eventually got me hooked on LP 😆 

... Though I’ll also say I never once shook Pink 2009, LOL. After I experienced a few perfumes becoming COMPLETELY different scents after shaking I always shake everything now... So maybe this was always what Pink smelled like 😭 

Story time aside, this is deliciously pink, with a sweet, friendly, fuzzy cotton candy texture. Perfect for all occasions, fun and sexy in a playful way, and I’m more than grateful it's permanent! I’m actually thrilled with this version; as much as I loved Pink 2009, I’d always wished it gave me more of the candy floss! Friend loves her bottle too, we both wore it today ☺️ And I’m happy to report she's a fully indoctrinated perfume fiend now, hohoh.