Back by popular demand!

Ok, what if I amp up the phero girl recipe so that it's denser, closer to Sugared Honeycomb? Personally, I really like the orange blossom in there, both for the scent and the magical properties - and I also really like the bee pollen. I had made it a little lighter/brighter than sug honeycomb to make it more universal in appeal. I should have known this bunch would prefer the outright 'smell of sex' rather than a dainty perfume! :D I could use the same recipe, but make it smell 'heavier' - give it more "KA-POW!". What think you?

I think that sounds like a FAB idea! I'd give it a roll, for sure! But then, you know me......I'll try anything once!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, what if I amp up the phero girl recipe so that it's denser, closer to Sugared Honeycomb? Personally, I really like the orange blossom in there, both for the scent and the magical properties - and I also really like the bee pollen. I had made it a little lighter/brighter than sug honeycomb to make it more universal in appeal. I should have known this bunch would prefer the outright 'smell of sex' rather than a dainty perfume! :lol: I could use the same recipe, but make it smell 'heavier' - give it more "KA-POW!". What think you?

I would LOVE this version! OH MY GOSH, Yes, Please!

Ok, what if I amp up the phero girl recipe so that it's denser, closer to Sugared Honeycomb? Personally, I really like the orange blossom in there, both for the scent and the magical properties - and I also really like the bee pollen. I had made it a little lighter/brighter than sug honeycomb to make it more universal in appeal. I should have known this bunch would prefer the outright 'smell of sex' rather than a dainty perfume! :lol: I could use the same recipe, but make it smell 'heavier' - give it more "KA-POW!". What think you?

THAT sounds absolutley wonderful! I do love the orange blossom - (I'm a HUGE orange blossom fan, and go crazy when the season hits here in town. I drive around at night to the remaining orchards, windows down head hanging out like a doggie!)

Even if some people like Honeycomb better, clearly enough people like the original that you sold out as fast as you did.

What was the general feel on the Phero boards about the scent? Did everyone there prefer the Honeycomb, or was it a mix?

I think it was pretty much a mix.....a lot of ladies seemed to like both....

I bought two bottles of phero girl, i really like it how it was but if you amp it up I would get another sample vial becuase I would be curious to smell the difference.

I just liked the idea of having two quite different honey recipes. To be honest my interest wasn't really in the pheros, more in the fragrance - I fancied having a one bottle of a brighter and one of a darker honey to mood match.

The phero girl also "stuck" on me really well. It's brighter but lasts longer than the honeycomb on me. And the honeycomb lasts really well too!

I'm game for anything though!

May

Edited by May

Heh. What about re-doing the original, doing one with more honey, and doing one with another twist? You could call them: Blond, Brunette, and Redhead. (But then you'd have to decide which was which.)

Then, those times when I want to be more Brunette or Blonde, I could! I'm game! Then, we could all get our desires for different levels of the blend... with the darker honeycomb being Brunette... Pherogirl original the Blond. And, something else for us Redheads.

'Course, this does mean SO MUCH more work for the ladies....

• 4 weeks later...

Can you bring Betrothal back AGAIN :blue_dancing_banana:

This one looks like so much fun, I got one of the last testers, BUT I would love to add a full bottle, just to have it around :blue_dancing_banana:

My Bring It Back vote is for Spider Silk, anyone else feel the same way? I only got to get one bottle and I am really sad about that, I wish I had way more!! :rainman: I absolutely adore it!!

I've been off the boards for a bit due to illness, and am SO ABSOLUTELY DELIGHTED to see that original Phero Girl was re-blended!! YAY!!! Thank you Soooooo much, Mara! I would have voted to keep it like the original because even though I really like Sugared Honeycomb, there is something softer/lighter about P.G. that made it an amazing everyday fragrance and I know I have mentioned this before but it is the only fragrance in my entire collection that my Husband actually really likes, I get a really good reaction from him when I wear it. Its truly amazing! So I will be buying a bottle, and coming back for more if he likes the new version as well. I am really excited for this new experiment!! Thanks again, Mara, I am so grateful that you re-blended P.G.!!! My eternal adoration to you for it! :A002:

my BIB votes go to:

Sugared Lemons

Pied Piper Potion

Blood Martini

^_^

Hun, there are still a couple of bottles of Pied Piper according to the low stock thread, and sugared blends can always be re-done per Mara.....they can be custom ordered easily.

:)

my BIB votes go to:

Sugared Lemons

Pied Piper Potion

Blood Martini

^_^

If Blood Martini came back it would be as a new formulation, three ingredients are gone from this world apparently....

Very upsetting, I did not hoard for me either.

Since we're throwing them out there...M&D, how about Love Potion Gold? That was my favorite of the "lighter" LPs and it reminds me of another artisan LE perfume which is also no longer available.

Well, the main one that I would LOVE to see re-brewed has been dubbed an impossibility....the lovely Messalina.....I'm hoarding what little of it I have.....I'm wearing a tiny little dab tonight, as a matter of fact.....BTW....I will pay a premium or trade multiple bottles out of my stash for anyone's Messalina.....

Mara and Danna......just PLEASE don't ever stop making Dark Seductions, or I'll cry..... ^_^

Edited by Dolly

Since we're throwing them out there...M&D, how about Love Potion Gold? That was my favorite of the "lighter" LPs and it reminds me of another artisan LE perfume which is also no longer available.

Curious now, which artisan 'fume that might be? M&D don't usually mind the mentions, I think... I am a *former* mass consumer of commercial fragrances. I still wear a few now and again but it's really becoming pared down to my absolute "loves" and not just 'likes'...too many good things here to waste play time on "meh" fragrances, no?

Hee, that little creature isn't just crying.... he/she is bawling/tantruming/squalling!

And, that is PRECISELY what I will be doing if Dark Seductions is ever discontinued.....

Curious now, which artisan 'fume that might be? M&D don't usually mind the mentions, I think... I am a *former* mass consumer of commercial fragrances. I still wear a few now and again but it's really becoming pared down to my absolute "loves" and not just 'likes'...too many good things here to waste play time on "meh" fragrances, no?

I agree. As I noted in another thread, I haven't worn commerical scents for years now because they just don't match the artistry of niche perfumery. But LP Gold reminds me of BPAL's 13 (the original version which was released in May 2005 and then again in January 2006), they share a similar feel in that they've both got tea, citrus, and chocolate notes...delicious! :(

I want betrothal . It is my absolute favorite for everyday when I want to feel light and vibrant and soft and sassy. Also candy pop my younger sisters adore it and I was only able to snag a few samples. Is candy pop easy to make?

• 1 month later...
Occassionally we bring back sold out editions if there is sufficient demand (and if the ingredients are available). Please post here if you would like us to brew up a new batch of one of your favorites.

Due to popular demand, we've just brewed up fresh batches of:

Betrothal Potion

Merlin's Blend

Enjoy!

Please bring back Potion Bastet. There is nothing like it.

That's one of my favorites too. Alas, it's got the same problem! :)

Edited by luna65

That's one of my favorites too. Alas, it's got the same problem! :)

It's sad, but a lot of the best ones are too difficult to re-blend......such as my personal fave, Messalina.....

Right...I know sometimes the intention behind an LE (not speaking for M&D, but just in my general experience with artisan perfumery) is to take rare ingredients and create a blend which you know will be limited because the components are one-of-a-kind and it can be a wonderful thing (when it turns out right) but also heartbreaking when you fall in love with it and know that you have to carefully use your bottle/sample because that's all there is.

• 3 months later...

Google (and other search engines) send out "bots" to cache webpages for the search function. It happens on a regular basis to almost every publically-accessible website.

yeah I have seen it on other forums, so mainly it is just checking out everything for key phrases so that if I google something it might bring up this very forum page?

On a thread worthy note... can you rebrew LP gold :D I know it was a limited edition but oh my it sounds divine~!

I've been lobbying for that one too, it is one of my favorite LP varients. So M&D tell us true...the dreaded "component issues" with that one? :)

I ran into a stray sample bottle and immediately fell in love with: Dream Lover whose ingredients are:

": Vanilla ~ an aphrodisiac which inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal and lust. Neroli ~ a sensual stimulant that quells apprehension and anxiety, and encourages a shy lover. Orange Blossoms ~ which are a strong "magnet" to attract men, and also symbolize eternal love, marriage and fruitfulness. Cotton Blossoms ~ for luck, healing and return of lost love. And a hint of Chocolate, for lightening emotions and evoking feelings of love. It smells dreamy and captivating, just as it should."

It's delicious - I'd love to see that come back...

I think I remember that there were problems which prevent the re-brewing of Sandman Snoozeth. That's why everyone was so keen on making a new sleepy potion for the forum designed August collection. Le Sommeil Des Anges should be available soon, and a little bird told me it will even have the same, (super potent,) German Chamomile that was used in Sandman Snoozeth.

I think I remember that there were problems which prevent the re-brewing of Sandman Snoozeth. That's why everyone was so keen on making a new sleepy potion for the forum designed August collection. Le Sommeil Des Anges should be available soon, and a little bird told me it will even have the same, (super potent,) German Chamomile that was used in Sandman Snoozeth.

Oooh! I am definitely going to get a bottle of this one when it becomes available!