Back by popular demand!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I was just sniffing around in my man's samples and came across Dark Desires and decided I was ordering him a bottle immediately. Sigh. Rebrew potential?

• 3 weeks later...

Well you do have Odalisque, right? Because that was a variant of halo's Angelique.

Special Delivery or Cherry Divinity for Valentines Day!!

Yes!!!

Their naughty girl cousin might be coming to town to raise a little Cain.. :666:

• 1 month later...

I still miss Stealing Heaven, with Open Windows. It was one of the first phero'd scents I bought in a full bottle, back in 2012, and I freakin' loved it. I've always wished that it had become part of the permanent catalogue as the "official" Open Windows scent. Somehow, the citrusy element always stayed through extended wear - it didn't fade like it does with so many other scents. And it was hilarious that people always accidentally called it "Stealing Windows". :lol: Myself included. Ha! Stealing Windows...

• 2 weeks later...

I still desperately want a rebrew of Marsha Mellow. I'm sure there are others but that is the main one that comes to mind.

Ohhh, maybe Cherry Blossom Musk, too. I got a trial vial but I want a bottle and I missed out on that last year.

Hear! Hear! Eggers.

A Stealing Heaven rebrew would be incredible. I'm down to my last bottle (after buying up what was left on "Artfire". The most perfect matching of scent and phero. Just an amazing bottle of perfume. For me, a classic LP scent. 100% original & beautiful. Scents like this are the reason L.P. stands out above the rest. Pleezzzeee.

Edited by StacyK

Are all the Sugared Carnations gone? I bought the L'Artisan perfume Oeillet Sauvage and it's missing the little clovey twang I like in carnations. I'm craving them right now..I can't see them on Etsy or the temp site. So...gone?

• 2 months later...

I really, reeeally think we are about due for a fab carnation soon ?

Something "Bonded" like would be awesome. Maybe a spicy fall carnation incarnation. ?

Edited by StacyK

4 hours ago, StacyK said:

I really, reeeally think we are about due for a fab carnation soon ?

Something "Bonded" like would be awesome. Maybe a spicy fall carnation incarnation. ?

Did you ever try Evil in Carnation?  I loved that one and I had a girlfriend at the time who liked it so much she snagged it from me even though I had it boosted with Wanted Man.

4 minutes ago, Snoopyace said:

Did you ever try Evil in Carnation?  I loved that one and I had a girlfriend at the time who liked it so much she snagged it from me even though I had it boosted with Wanted Man.

Stealing your good smellies surely proves she was evil! I read the notes and reviews for that one, sounds intriguing.

1 hour ago, Eastwood22 said:

Stealing your good smellies surely proves she was evil! I read the notes and reviews for that one, sounds intriguing.

If I remember correctly it was originally just a feminine scent but it was totally unisex.  I got a lot of compliments on that one.

15 hours ago, Snoopyace said:

Yes. I still have a teeny bit left. 

• 1 month later...

I need to clarify about doing rebrews....

I have been getting a lot of requests lately to rebrew things that are over 5 years old, and there are multiple problems with this.

1) Many of the ingredients no longer exist, so I will have to use substitutions and they will never smell exactly the same. I do not use aldehydes...scent chemicals will smell the same year after year. Oils with natural elements will not. Ingredients cease to exist because the companies that made them either discontinued them or closed their doors. The Euro IFRA laws which encourage the use of chemical ingredients over natural ones, caused multiple of my old suppliers to close their doors. The ingredients are gone forever.

2) When I get told that a perfume you've aged for 5 years is your new favorite and you want more of it...you've aged it for 5 years! It is not going to smell the same as what I make fresh. Even if I have the same ingredient on hand from the same lot, it's going to age differently in your bottle than it ages in mine, because the way they age depends on how much oxygen is in the bottle. They are no longer the same as when I used them 5 years ago.

3) I use far more ingredients in blending the monthly releases than I do in Private Editions. So even though I may blend something that is in the same scent family, again, it is never going to be exact.

I have a hard time dealing with people's disappointment when they ask for a rebrew of something, and then they inevitably say it's not the same as before. It's never going to be the same as before. it's the nature of artisan perfuming with largely natural-based ingredients. It's a fleeting moment in time captured in a bottle.

Thanks for understanding.

1 hour ago, Potion Master said:

It's a fleeting moment in time captured in a bottle.

Thank you for clarifying Mara! I'm not sure if I should thank you for simultaneously getting Jim Croce stuck in my head, let's see how long it sticks there. 

I seem to enjoy how your perfumes age even more than when they're brand new, so I'm "mostly" allowing the newer ones to just sit. Mostly.

• 7 months later...

Having read the above, lol, while Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber is not my new favorite because of how it aged, it was scrumptious from inception. If it were requested as a private addition, would there be items available today for anything even close? Even if it used a lighter amber? Brown sugar and amber are sooooooo delicious together.  It was such a deep sultry fragrance originally, even something lighter for the warmer evenings coming couldn't be bad?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2019 at 7:34 AM, NuTrix said:

Having read the above, lol, while Ann's Brown Sugar Black Amber is not my new favorite because of how it aged, it was scrumptious from inception. If it were requested as a private addition, would there be items available today for anything even close? Even if it used a lighter amber? Brown sugar and amber are sooooooo delicious together.  It was such a deep sultry fragrance originally, even something lighter for the warmer evenings coming couldn't be bad?

Have you ever tried Sugared Amber?

11 hours ago, luna65 said:

Have you ever tried Sugared Amber?

Yes! It's wonderful! It's lighter than BSBA, the brown sugar is almost caramel like and the amber seems more resinous...but Sugared Amber will always be a jem.

Sugared Amber, except with brown sugary caramelness...mmmmm....

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 months later...
On 8/2/2019 at 7:35 AM, bruja said:

Is there one that is now available? :D

@bruja you should keep an eye out for Elume on the trade boards, if you're into trading/buying from other LP lovers. It's sold out now, but was made for this past fall's releases. I'm sure if you persevere you will get lucky!