Love Potion Autumnal Equinox 2007

Gale

I should just get a bottle of every single version of Love Potion as soon as it comes out.

This one reminds me of my beloved Sugared Honeycomb, but better (yes, apparently that is possible!). It's sweet and rich, with a breath of incense. It is buttery in an almost foody way, or perhaps those are nuts I smell...

If this was a color, it would be the deep orange/gold of an Autumn sunset. (Or a pumpkin patch. Or the Harvest Moon.) Maybe all of those together.

I adore it, and must have more!!

Thank you, Gale! :P

I'm enjoying this one very much myself.

Good nose! There's some Pumpkin, a little bit of Fig, some Nuts, Spice, a touch of Maple, and a light scent of dry leaves on top of my usual Love Potion® recipe.

You're not the only one who's enjoying this one...our supply is half gone already!

Make sure you try our Winter Solstice Ltd Ed in December; that one is REALLY Buttery!

• 2 weeks later...
Adding my vote, lp autumn is just as gale says. Orange and fall and homey, but most of all very sexy. An instant favorite for me!

Unexpectedly delicious. Very buttery, warm and sweet. A great scent when wearing a sweater and getting toasty. It's quite dreamy.

This is a warm, friendly autumn scent that does NOT get the dreaded "Yankee Candle!" comment. Sweet as candy corn, with a lovely smooth spiciness. It lingers a long time, longer than some of my other autumn scents, but it's perfectly compatible with several of them; I can carry it in my pocket and "touch up" midday after the other scents have disappeared. I don't know that I need more than my sample, as this scent is such a perfect capture of autumn that I can't imagine wearing it at any other time . . . But I'm thrilled with what I have!

Thanks Ladies! :wacko:

This is my favorite these days, I'm wearing it right now!

Hey, moutainwitch - what does it mean, 'dreaded yankee candle comment'? Just wondering. I really like yankee candles.

Oh, I love scented candles! I just hate it when somebody hugs me and says, "You smell just like a Yankee candle!" I start worrying that instead of smelling sexy/scintillating/scrumptious/whatever I was shooting for, I smell like I had a horrible accident with the liquid porpourri. :unsure: Silly, I guess, since they're saying they like it--I guess I'm just self-conscious! This happened to me twice in one day with a fall scent from another company, and I think it made me a little skittish. *blush*

Incidentally, someone remarked on Autumn Equinox yesterday . . . But I didn't get "candle." I got, "Oooooh you smell so good . . . Like COOKIES!" Now that's perfect! :lol:

Hahahaha! That is hilarious!! I can’t believe someone actually said, "Hey, you smell like a Yankee Candle!" No respect! I love Yankee Candles but I still don't know that I would want to be compared to one! I know why you’re paranoid!! :wacko:

Long live Yankee!

Ivorypixie

Wow! I just got my order in today. I selected a bunch of samples. Going on the descriptions I had a few ideas of which one would be my favourite, but no! This one, this one is by far better than all of them (and the others were all really good too). I think I have a new favourite. Now here is the tricky question. Do I buy a full bottle or not? I agree with mountainwitch, it is such a perfect capture of Autumn in scent form it is hard to imagine wearing any other time of the year. Though I did manage to pull off wearing the spring equinox scent the other day.

Oh, I love scented candles! I just hate it when somebody hugs me and says, "You smell just like a Yankee candle!" I start worrying that instead of smelling sexy/scintillating/scrumptious/whatever I was shooting for, I smell like I had a horrible accident with the liquid porpourri. :unsure: Silly, I guess, since they're saying they like it--I guess I'm just self-conscious! This happened to me twice in one day with a fall scent from another company, and I think it made me a little skittish. *blush*

LOL! That is pretty funny. That other company might be selling Yankee candle oil dupes under different names.

I bought two bottles of Autumn. If you look at the low stock thread these are going really fast. From experience I know LP oils age really well and I think I'll want to wear this one through the winter and maybe even save some for next year.

• 2 weeks later...
Incidentally, someone remarked on Autumn Equinox yesterday . . . But I didn't get "candle." I got, "Oooooh you smell so good . . . Like COOKIES!" Now that's perfect! :)

I wore my sample of Autumn Equinox today and received two compliments this morning! I had the day off today, and first thing this morning I had an appointment with my chiropractor. His practice includes a holistic wellness center and is not just a traditional chiropractor's office. The office manager usually has incense or perfume oils scenting the waiting room. While I was waiting for my turn, another patient came in and said "it smells like sugar cookies in here" and asked the office manager what oil she was burning. She hadn't started any yet- it was me! They both loved the scent, so I gave them the info about the website and hopefully I have enabled them both. I have my final appointment on Wednesday afternoon, so I'm going to give the office manager the remainder of my sample of Autumn Equinox. I just hope there will still be a bottle left for me to purchase by the time I get paid again in two weeks!

• 1 month later...

Ok, any of you lovers of the LP Red and Black MUST get a bottle of the Autumnal Equinox blend before it is gone!!!

Funny little story here......the Post Office in my area was open yesterday until noon, and I ran by, hoping to see my latest order waiting for me. But, it wasn't....and, I was looking like this :) but, mind you, that was early in the morning.

I had to go out on an errand this morning, so I ran by the Post Office just to check my box, and low and behold, there it was.....what a beautiful Christmas Gift!!!! I bought a full bottle of the Autumnal blend, without having smelled it before, simply because of the reviews of the lovely ladies here!! I couldn't wait to put some on.....I have to tell you, it makes me want to eat my own arm.

When I first put it on, it smells very different......not "bad", just a bit "odd".....I think it is a smell of dried leaves. But then, that note fades pretty quickly, and I get pumpkin, and definitely maple and spice.......And, as with both Red and Black, you get that buttery, rich smell.....Mmmmmmmm......those of you here who are considering this one, don't delay!! It is definitely worth purchasing a full bottle!!

Edited by Dolly

I think I have a new favourite. Now here is the tricky question. Do I buy a full bottle or not? I agree with mountainwitch, it is such a perfect capture of Autumn in scent form it is hard to imagine wearing any other time of the year. Though I did manage to pull off wearing the spring equinox scent the other day.

The longer I wear this one, the more I like it.....I really think I will wear it all year long.......like when it is getting hot and muggy here (I live in South Louisiana), I think I'll be able to take a whiff of this to bring a little breath of cool Autumn air......

• 4 weeks later...

I absolutely love this blend. Whenever I wear this one people just absolutely rave about how good I smell. The other day, my daughter's preschool teachers wanted to take me home and use me for an air freshener. I think this is a definite winner. I love all of the Love Potion blends, but Red is still my favorite. But this is great to wear on a cold day when you want to feel warm and cozy- and incidently- delicious.

Edited by ilsa

I absolutely love this blend. Whenever I wear this one people just absolutely rave about how good I smell. The other day, my daughter's preschool teachers wanted to take me home and use me for an air freshener. I think this is a definite winner. I love all of the Love Potion blends, but Red is still my favorite. But this is great to wear on a cold day when you want to feel warm and cozy- and incidently- delicious.

Yeah, I agree that this is a very nice one......I have a full bottle of it.....Red is fab, isn't it? You should try Dark Seductions, if you haven't already.......dark florals, mixed with resins......very nice!

I get loads and loads of BUTTER from Autumn Equinox ... autumn leaves? Not so much. But it's grown on me so much I apply before bed most nights!

Red's my fave, too. Well, my "official" fave at any rate!

Another thing that I noticed with this one is that it lingers for a long time. It has some serious staying power. And, I even like the label (one of the reasons I bought a full bottle :( )!

• 2 weeks later...

I have to say how much I adore this one. I bought a full bottle and it is delicious. I'm looking forward to trying the Winter solstice edition as well.

On me this smells like regular LP, but with an added pumpkin pie sort of smell. It's very rich and creamy to my nose, sort of buttery, but mostly pie-y. This is one I get regular compliments on, including a very memorable one when I brought brownies in to a group of friends. One of them proceeded to give me a gigantic bear hug ( picked me up off the ground and spun me around) and then said " But you even smell like pie!" and informed me that all women should smell of pie and/or other baked goods all the time.

One of them proceeded to give me a gigantic bear hug ( picked me up off the ground and spun me around) and then said " But you even smell like pie!" and informed me that all women should smell of pie and/or other baked goods all the time.

That made me lol just now... :)

• 2 weeks later...
One of them proceeded to give me a gigantic bear hug ( picked me up off the ground and spun me around) and then said " But you even smell like pie!" and informed me that all women should smell of pie and/or other baked goods all the time.

You know, from what I hear, a lot of men seem to really enjoy the foody type scents on women. I guess my man is one of the exceptions.....it seems that the more foody the scent, the less he likes it. :)

You know, from what I hear, a lot of men seem to really enjoy the foody type scents on women. I guess my man is one of the exceptions.....it seems that the more foody the scent, the less he likes it. :blink:

Research does seem to indicate that foody scents do appeal to men. However, My Beloved, like your man, Dolly, truly doesn't appreciate them; he says "Only food should smell like food." and, anything with chocolate smells like "burnt feet" to him... (so PheroGirl Dominance is a "just for me" scent, and it seems to work *very* well on the 7th graders)

Research does seem to indicate that foody scents do appeal to men. However, My Beloved, like your man, Dolly, truly doesn't appreciate them; he says "Only food should smell like food." and, anything with chocolate smells like "burnt feet" to him... (so PheroGirl Dominance is a "just for me" scent, and it seems to work *very* well on the 7th graders)

It should work very well on some of the guys I work with then, Although in their 20's they behave just like a bunch of 7th graders - come to that, so do most men!

:)

May

It should work very well on some of the guys I work with then, Although in their 20's they behave just like a bunch of 7th graders - come to that, so do most men!

;)

May

:):);):) So true, so true..... ;)

Brand new addict here -- I got my first set of samples from a friend this weekend and Autumnal Equinox was one of them. I fell madly in love with it -- there were several others in her set of samples that were also nice, but this one made me run out and buy a bottle today. ^_^

I want to come up with some kind of butter-pecan-pumpkin muffin recipe so that I could have something as tasty to eat as this scent smells! Unfortunately I'm much better at experimental cooking than I am at experimental baking, but I am verrrry tempted to try...

Has anyone ever tried to come up with a recipe to match a scent, by the way? ^_^

Welcome, chibirisuchan!

Actually, sometimes we come up with perfume ideas from baking recipes!

Not in the case with Autumn, which makes me want to gnaw on my own arm when I wear it, but we just did a new one called Hamantaschen to celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim, that came from the cookbook "A Treasury of Jewish Holiday Baking" by Marcy Goldman. (Her baking website is: www.BetterBaking.com). It has all the smells of the yummy pastry. Butter, sugar, vanilla, fruit filling...mmmm...

We've also done a few based on drink recipes, such as Pirate Bumbo (a fruity, rummy, caribbean umbrella drink) and Fest of Fools, (which is based on a traditional Old-English Wassail Punch).

Feel free to suggest your own ideas too...we give away a free bottle of perfume to the person whose idea is chosen for a new perfume. ^_^

Brand new addict here -- I got my first set of samples from a friend this weekend and Autumnal Equinox was one of them. I fell madly in love with it -- there were several others in her set of samples that were also nice, but this one made me run out and buy a bottle today. ^_^

I want to come up with some kind of butter-pecan-pumpkin muffin recipe so that I could have something as tasty to eat as this scent smells! Unfortunately I'm much better at experimental cooking than I am at experimental baking, but I am verrrry tempted to try...

Has anyone ever tried to come up with a recipe to match a scent, by the way? ^_^

If you like Autumn Equinox, you should try Winter Solstice.....in place of the pumpkin and spice, it has more butter and a hint of fruit.....YUM....

Welcome, Chibirisuchan! It is so easy to become addicted to LP, isn't it?

As for recipes, I make hamantaschen every year... after I receive Mara and Danna's "version", I'll have to tell you how "right" I got *my* recipe this year! And, I'm thinking, during spring break perhaps, between my baker son and I, we could come up with a tasty buttery-pecan-pumpkin kind of recipe for your muffin dreams.

If you like Autumn Equinox, you should try Winter Solstice.....in place of the pumpkin and spice, it has more butter and a hint of fruit.....YUM....

Welcome Chibirisuchan! I daren't even *try* Autumn Equinox...I got so thoroughly into my arm with Winter Solstice! ^_^ ...really, it's something I just couldn't wear at work I spent the whole afternoon sniffing me, and making yummy "mmmm-mmm" noises!

Yeah, it's totally too easy to get addicted to these! I've already had to put myself on a monthly budget for 'em (and I gave myself a belated dispensation for a budget allotment for January because I hadn't found here then. ^_^ )

I love hamantaschen the cookie variety too -- my boss (or, more accurately, his wife) makes them for us every year and they're wonderful. I've tried to reproduce her recipe but never quite get it the same somehow... different hands, I guess. (That's one of the things that drives me nuts about baking: it's so much more precise chemistry than cooking, and even if you follow a recipe to a T, totally out-of-your-control variables like the humidity level and whether your hands are warm or cold can make a huge difference in the final product!)

On the topic of inventing scents -- have you guys done 'sugared merlot' or 'sugared brandy'? Something that involves wine's extra notes over the grape base?

Or maybe sugared whiskey -- I discovered in Scotland that I can't drink the actual stuff because it tastes like battery acid to me, but it smelled intriguing up until that point... ^_^

I bought a bottle of Autumnal Equinox 2007 based on the comments in this thread, and I am so glad I did! What a warm, lovely scent. When I first opened the bottle, brown sugar came to mind. After I applied the scent, the pumpkin and fig notes became more pronounced. Later in the day (and this scent DOES last), I could detect the dry leaf notes and got the definite sense of autumn.

I got a humorous reaction from one of the guys at work. I walked past him and he asked, "Do you smell pancakes and syrup?" Now, this is a factory setting and this particular individual's sense of smell and taste is less than discriminating, so his comment is no reflection on the fragrance. The pancake theme stayed with him throughout the day, to the point that I finally asked him, "Do you realize how many times you've said 'pancake' today?"

My TargetGuy assured me that I did NOT smell like pancake syrup when I got close to him and asked. While he didn't give an opinion on the scent, he DID find his way into my little cloud of LP Autumal Equinox several times during the day. He responds the same way to my LP Pink, and my bottle of Pink is charged toward him.

I bought a bottle of Autumnal Equinox 2007 based on the comments in this thread, and I am so glad I did! What a warm, lovely scent. When I first opened the bottle, brown sugar came to mind. After I applied the scent, the pumpkin and fig notes became more pronounced. Later in the day (and this scent DOES last), I could detect the dry leaf notes and got the definite sense of autumn.

This is a very yummy scent.....I just love it......if you like this one, you should try the Winter Solstice Blend......it is more buttery with a hint of fruit....

Dolly said:

This is a very yummy scent.....I just love it......if you like this one, you should try the Winter Solstice Blend......it is more buttery with a hint of fruit....

My reply:

Thanks for the recommendation . . . Winter Solstice Blend is going on my wishlist!

And I can't remember my life BEFORE discovering these lovely potions and fragrances! I am having SO MUCH FUN with these scents, and I feel very rich having such a collection to choose from!

My reply:

Thanks for the recommendation . . . Winter Solstice Blend is going on my wishlist!

And I can't remember my life BEFORE discovering these lovely potions and fragrances! I am having SO MUCH FUN with these scents, and I feel very rich having such a collection to choose from!

I *absolutley* know what you mean - it's like discovering a WHOLE new universe, isn't it? And I've been wearing "perfumes" (commercial...and finding most of them "meh")(and wondering what the whole fuss was) for years, looking for scents that did HALF as much for me as these do, spiritually (as mood creating and uplifting) and um, physically too! It's amazing what finding the right product for you does! :)

Sounds like I need to add Winter Solstice to my "the next time I have a budget for bottles" list too. ^__^

I got the bottle I ordered today, along with samples! :P Sugared Bonfire and Sugared Iced Tea. Yum in different directions. And since I knew I had a bottle coming, I gave my mom the sample vial of Autumnal Equinox that got me hooked to start with -- let's see if I get her hooked too! :)

I gave my mom the sample vial of Autumnal Equinox that got me hooked to start with -- let's see if I get her hooked too! :)

I'm sure she probably will be......everyone that I have given samples to has become instantly addicted.....much as I did..... :)

• 1 month later...

I really REALLY love this one. I got a sample of it, but it's all sold out. *cries*

This really reminds me of a spicy pie cooling on the window ledge on a autumn day, with the leaves falling around, and just a touch of sugar on top.

Is this the same as LP Autumn? If so Oh I love it too and I am going to shed a few tears that it is sold out BUT I will hope that thre will be a 2008 rebrew?! :A002::Hug_emoticon::blue_dancing_banana:

Is this the same as LP Autumn? If so Oh I love it too and I am going to shed a few tears that it is sold out BUT I will hope that thre will be a 2008 rebrew?! :20628860864593fef0b8f29::):)

Yes one and the same! I am very happy that I got a full bottle when it first became limited....my sweetie doesn't like this one much, but *I* do.....so, I wear it just for ME.....