Sugared Darkness

luna65

Oh my stars this is NOM NOM NOM! It reminds me of the sexy syrupy quality of Sugared Amber but with the nag champa and frank & myrrh...seriously, if you love resins/incense you have to try this, I don't want to hear any whining about how you're broke or whatever. :happybirthday: It's just liquid mmmmm.

Again you make me happy, Luna, with your NOMNOMNOM!

Yayyyyyyy! M&D rule, I'm proud of being a lil junior idea-head, and LP is the besssst!

No $h•t! I've mentioned elsewhere I'm gleaning material for a reveiw site one day, but LP has caught me and reeled me in by, oh, just EVERYTHING!

I may try other stuff but I won't quit you, LP! (yes that was Brokeback Mountain-they don't call me cheese for nothin:D )

omg. i'm in love!

seriously, champa, frank & myrrh...i am a slave to these scents and they show up sooo frequently in my favorite blends and scents.

who would have thought adding sugar to them would make them this divine?

instead of the usual heavy, heady, resinous, incensey scent you get with these notes...this blend is soft, pretty, feminine, and has a slightly sweet delicate touch to it.

when i have a migraine i can't be anywhere near my loves champa, frank & myrrh...but i've been battling a head splitter for two days now and this mellower, sweeter, daintier version is not bothering me in the slightest.

i am really loving this blend!

oopsie! i started a new thread for this 'cause i didn't see this review...so i'm gonna move mine on over here.

omg. i'm in love!

seriously, champa, frank & myrrh...i am a slave to these scents and they show up sooo frequently in my favorite blends and scents.

who would have thought adding sugar to them would make them this divine?

instead of the usual heavy, heady, resinous, incensey scent you get with these notes...this blend is soft, pretty, feminine, and has a slightly sweet delicate touch to it.

when i have a migraine i can't be anywhere near my loves champa, frank & myrrh...but i've been battling a head splitter for two days now and this mellower, sweeter, daintier version is not bothering me in the slightest.

i am really loving this blend!

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently recieved an order and this was a freebie and it's great. I need to try it out more though to fully describe. It smells like lavander or violet with resins in the background. It has the vavavoom Dark Seductions note in it! It's lovely!!!!!! :D

At first application this was very much like a straight champa flower attar on me, very clear. But after a few the frank n myrrh came to the fore and it was a nice, very slightly sweet, smooth & resinous blend. I quite liked it. You can't hardly go wrong with frank n myrrh as far as I'm concerned, and champa is another favorite. Nice.

Oh my stars this is NOM NOM NOM! It reminds me of the sexy syrupy quality of Sugared Amber but with the nag champa and frank & myrrh...seriously, if you love resins/incense you have to try this, I don't want to hear any whining about how you're broke or whatever. :) It's just liquid mmmmm.

UHOH....why oh why did I read this review? Luna and I have very similar taste.....now I have to have a bottle.....DAMN.....you ladies are killin' me!

....and I just DID order a bottle......it's all Luna's fault! <pointing finger>

Edited by Dolly

:)

I bet you'll enjoy layering it with other things...for added darkness!

And you know me.....I LOOOOOOVE the dark ones!!

this is so wonderful.

one of the generous samples i received.

it's sweet and mellow, it seemed to merge with my skin right away (not that i smell this divine), just a lovely yummy, warmth on me. i simply can't see anyone not liking this one!

• 3 weeks later...

OK, even though I am thoroughly annointed with Naughty Sweet and Dirty, I did find one unperfumed spot to try this one.....glad I got a bottle based on Luna's description.....it doesn't disappoint! I love the dark ones, and this one is dark but sweet at the same time.....the Nag Champa amps on me, and it reminds me of incense, but frosted with sugar......if you can imagine that......

• 3 weeks later...

I wore this one to bed last night, and can still smell it this morning....very very nice.....soft and pretty yet dark at the same time....is that even possible? YES, it is!

• 2 weeks later...

I would suggest that anybody who likes resinous scents at all....even just a little bit, you should get this one....it is not TOO resinous....the champa and sugar sweetens it up JUST ENOUGH. Very nice.....

I would suggest that anybody who likes resinous scents at all....even just a little bit, you should get this one....it is not TOO resinous....the champa and sugar sweetens it up JUST ENOUGH. Very nice.....

Then this one is for me then...

thank you Dolly!

This scent is a complete unexpected treat!! I wasn't expecting to like it. I expected it to be more incensy (is that a word?). This one is fantastic! The men in the office actually stopped me and asked me what I was wearing. They surrounded me actually. The women in the office even complimented me. :blush: I think I'll be getting another bottle. :woohoonaner2gy:

• 4 weeks later...
This is really good stuff! Frank & myrrh are two of my all-time favorite notes & they are main stars of this blend. I can't detect much champa, it's just part of the overall sweetness. A very soft, sexy scent.

Yup, I agree definitely sexy...

Just got myself another sniffee of this one...

• 3 months later...

A lot of the jewellery I own has been gifted to me, chosen by other people because it seemed to suit me. I have one necklace that I commissioned from a friend and chose the stone for, though, and it's like my 'me power' necklace; I wear it when I'm being pensive, need a boost, or just feeling particularly 'me-like.'

Likewise, this scent is my 'me' scent. I wear it all the time. It's my meditative go-to blend, the scent I choose when I'm feeling thoughtful or just want to satisfy my own senses rather than giving off a certain impression to other people. It's funny because sugared frankincense and myrrh turns to an almost cotton candy sweetness on my skin, but this blend just becomes rich, dark, and soft. Best of all - strange as this sounds - it fades after about an hour, so I have an excuse to keep re-applying it and getting fresh whiffs of scent (or if I just want to enjoy the fragrance for a little while and then wear something else, I can). Beautiful blend!

Scored the last bottle from the clearance sale and what a score !!

I like wearing this when reading vamp/were books for added "darkness" !

Oh NOW your just KILLING ME! You KNOW how I am with my Vampires and Werewolves- which reminds me, and this is off topic sorry-but for the love of Mike, will you all Google 'fangtasia Calender' and just LOOK at Mister January?

Then tell me if you've ever seen anything so sexy. Thats my laptop wallpaper :rolleyes:

mmm.....

I was planning on getting a "Wolf" calendar, but, nah ! I'll just get 2 , hee !

• 2 months later...

Another one of Cheesy's awesome creations. I have never smelled anything like this in my life. Honestly, it's both really deep and dark and has this delicious--not food-edible, but just sumptuous--quality at the same time. This is what all those department-store perfumes claiming to be "dark and myseterious" should really smell like. It basically has my name written all over it. :cry: Until I find a bottle, I'm carefully rationing my sniffie!

Another one of Cheesy's awesome creations. I have never smelled anything like this in my life. Honestly, it's both really deep and dark and has this delicious--not food-edible, but just sumptuous--quality at the same time. This is what all those department-store perfumes claiming to be "dark and myseterious" should really smell like. It basically has my name written all over it. ;) Until I find a bottle, I'm carefully rationing my sniffie!

If you like that one, you should smell Sugared Twilight....even better!

If you like that one, you should smell Sugared Twilight....even better!

Now I'm really dyin' here!!!!!!! LOL ;)

I don't know how Mara and Danna do it, but they make even supposedly non-foody blends nomable in their own way, and Darkness is a perfect example of that. The oozing frankincense, myrrh and nag champa resins mixed with what I'm assuming is dark brown sugar all turn to the essence of an incredibly rich sticky dark syrup that isn't "edible" or "desserty" per se but still utterly irresistable. Maybe there's a sniffie of Sugared Twilight in my future....

Edited by Invidiana