Sugared Bonfire (Halloween 2007)

Mimosa Pour Moi

Sugared Bonfire: "A traditional Halloween Bonfire ~ smokey woods and hot, sugary, toasting marshmallows!

Wet: MMMM gooey marshmallows!!!!! Then it is followed by a hint of HOT(but not spicy) cinnamon-like scented woods.

Dry: No more marshmallows but the somkey woods still present. The scent morphs from toothaching roasting marshmallows to "firey" woods(leaves, branches, stems...). It's got something "resiny" lurking undertone. I like how i can wear something "resiny" without being too spicy.

Verdict: It really smells like I"m camping by the bonfire and eating marshmallows!! Although it's mark for both genders, I think it's mellow enough for females wanting a little kick to jazz up the gourmand marshmallows.

MPM

• 4 weeks later...

Sugared Bonfire

In vial: mmm, marshmallow with just a hint of smoke. Like a marshmallow ready to be placed in the flames. There's a hint of vanilla to it as well.

On skin: mmm, smoke and sugar! This is gorgeous-the smoke in here is just perfect-smoky, but not overwhelming-it's more like a waft of it. The sugar dominates-but it's not cloying, not caramel, not that fruit syrup note I get in some other Sugared scents…it's marshmallow, but I also smell a wonderful musky vanilla! It's like a non-foody sweetness, vanilla enhanced with a light or white musk, warm and inviting. Over this delicious 'marshmallow musk', smoky notes of burning leaves and woods gently play. The smoke in here is there, but it is subtle-it's like a whiff on the autumn breeze, not a 'standing next to the fire with the smoke clinging to clothes' smoke. It's not one that would set off the smoke detectors. It's like the scent of smoke that lingers in the air on Bonfire Night, I swear there's even a little bit of gunpowder to it. The air outside right now smells just like that, actually, but without the sugary vanilla/marshmallows of course! I get a bit more of a wood smoke note over time but it's beautifully subtle, and on equal terms with that delicious vanilla scent, which has become richer and lovelier. I also get a hint of incense at times. This is wonderfully autumnal, not too smoky, not too sweet, a perfect balance of both, not acrid at all. This is the perfect scent to wear when watching fireworks on a cold November night. I may need to get a bottle some day!

I have nothing to add, because whiskerswhispers has described this so perfectly. This is a beautiful scent, perfect alone or for layering under so many of my fall scents, and I will definitlely order a bottle (or two if my finances permit :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

I tried this one today and I agree with all of the posts above - I don't know how they got the smell of an autumn bonfire into a perfume, but I am very glad they did! And they have done it perfectly! This is lovely.

May

Edited by May

• 3 months later...

I got a sample of this today and aside from smelling delicious it's got a fascinating sense of 'space' in it. What I smell most of all is marshmallow and graham crackers and a little cinnamon, which would presumably be in your hands; the smoke is a little more distant, since you're not sitting 'in' a bonfire, and the woods are farther back still. (At least, that's what it does on me.) It's like there's an entire portrait in a few drops of oil...

• 2 months later...

I love how this has aged. I ordered a bottle when it was first released and it smelled like sweet autumn leaves with with a sweet vanilla marshmallow note. I didn't get much of the smoke at all and that's what I was really looking for. Now, months later, the notes have matured and become more balanced and the smoke has gotten much more noticeable. It is so beautiful that I have been wearing it even though it doesn't really fit with the season. This is a scent that has really come into its own. =)

I love Sugared Bonfire, it is wonderful It truly does smell like a smokey bonfire and not burning but sugar just heating up in the pan, it is sort of creamy...reminds me of being outdoors cooking marshmallows without a heavy marshmalow scent (although I wouldn't mind that!) That smoke note is amazing, think I might layer it a little bit with Egg for more mallowy love.

Edited by piratical dahlia

I love how this has aged. I ordered a bottle when it was first released and it smelled like sweet autumn leaves with with a sweet vanilla marshmallow note. I didn't get much of the smoke at all and that's what I was really looking for. Now, months later, the notes have matured and become more balanced and the smoke has gotten much more noticeable. It is so beautiful that I have been wearing it even though it doesn't really fit with the season. This is a scent that has really come into its own. =)

I'm hoping that's what will happen with my sample...right now it's kind of nebulous, though I do get a hint of what makes it yummy; and I've had that experience with some of the other Sugared blends as well.

Edited by luna65

I see that I commented in this thread after receiving my sample last fall. I did end up ordering a bottle, and wore it so much that I worried about running out, so then I ordered a backup bottle, too. This is such a wonderful scent and not just for the autumn season. It turned rainy and chilly last week so I wore it again for the first time in several weeks, and the smoky note has definitely strengthened with time. It's a very wearable sweet smokiness, though, and not at all overpowering.

• 4 months later...

I tried this tonight and was pleasantly pleased. It was smokey and sugary. Wet, it was very marshmellowy. As it dried, it smoothed into a smokey sugar with a hint of spice. It smells just like catching faint whiff of burnt marshmellow as the campfire dies down. I can almost feel the crisp air and in the base of the scent you can catch a hint of the damp decaying leaves on the forest floor.

• 3 months later...

I wore this again today, I wanted to let it age because it didn't really smell like anything when I first got it. And the aging does bring out the cinnamon (or whatever it is that smells like cinnamon) for sure. I kinda get an evocation of toasted marshmallow waaaaay off in the distance, but that sugary note that I get from the wet stage immediately turns spicy on my skin. It's just so light on me, I think that's my issue with it.

• 1 year later...

Did I not review this one yet? I think I'm in love. It's lots of toasted marshmallow goodness, but has a sultry, smoky, woody background. This is basically exactly what you'd expect it to smell like sitting around a bonfire toasting 9 marshmallows at once on a stick. There's also a certain "warmth" from the smoky woods that gives it a warmer feel like Skelly Head Flambe, though they smell nothing alike. Overall, it's a cloud of sticky sweetness tempered by smoke, and overall just wickedly delicious. :) Thank you May--this one won't be languishing in my drawer, that's for sure!

Edited by Invidiana

• 6 months later...

If you read the review thread for S'more Than a Feeling then you can read my comparison...hopefully more who own both scents will chime in at some point. But it was stated previously (last year, I believe) that Sugared Bonfire was very difficult to create originally and likely could not be duplicated exactly, so that was part of the reason this one was created.

*edit*

This has changed for me yet again...it definitely reminds me more of toasting marshmallows over a campfire than it did three years ago, although it still wears very close on me; but once it settles in then I can huff it to my heart's content for several hours.

Edited by luna65

• 3 weeks later...

ok....somebody PLEASE tell me AGAIN why this couldn't be re-brewed.

Lately I've been toasting marshmallows from my stove and I want to smear them ALL OVER MYSELF, SP suggested I smear it on his ****, piggy boy 20.gif

been searching online, found a few, even a PINK toasted marshmallow one, but I'm scared to spend $ on something not equally as good.

sadly I only wear Sug'd Bonfire sparingly or open it to take a quicky whiff :)

Edited by liz

Well you'd have to ask Mara (although I think Danna was the one who created SB?) but I imagine it comes down to not having more of the original ingredients or perhaps not even the recipe.

I don't think SP would really want molten marshmallow smeared on his johnson, would he? Or is he truly a masochist after all? :)

Orrrrrr is there any way me or someone else could wing a similiar custom? Woodsmoke, spice, and marshmallow or that hydrogenated cream note type deal they have?

Just a thought. If anyone thinks it could be succesfully done let me know...

Orrrrrr is there any way me or someone else could wing a similiar custom? Woodsmoke, spice, and marshmallow or that hydrogenated cream note type deal they have?

Just a thought. If anyone thinks it could be succesfully done let me know...

I'm with you Cheesie !

* now off to toast marshmallows....on the stove *

Edited by liz

If anyone thinks it could be succesfully done let me know...

Again, it depends on what Mara has in her library as far as accords. But S'more Than a Feeling was in part supposed to replace Sugared Bonfire, I specifically asked her when we were discussing that fragrance if she could make it as close to SB as possible. I suppose you could ask for S'more without the chocolate and more marshmallow? But that might be too complex to qualify as a PE.

• 3 years later...

This review is for the Sugared Bonfire 2014:

Ok, this scent has immediately shot up to my Top 5. This smells like my childhood, it smells like "home". I live in a lake town in Arizona. We have bonfires in our backyards, bonfires by the lake, bonfires in the desert etc... Year round even, on hot summer nights, chilly fall evenings and cold winter days. (Our winter days only get to about 50 degrees) This scent reminds me of plenty of memories past and present day.

It starts off very melty marshmallow, almost caramel like. But the sweetness fades and there's this outdoorsy type of smell- like leaves, air and smoke that is just amazing. You know when catch your marshmallow on fire and it turns all blackened? I get that too.

I can't believe how Mara bottled up a bonfire! Although it's still sugared enough, to where you don't smell like smoke only.

I need this to be permanent - or I'll be hoarding this like craaazy!

I keep catching whiffs of myself, and it reminds me of the sun setting and the bonfires being lit up. Like how it always smells outside on a evening by the lake.

Mara - I'm in love with this!

• 4 weeks later...

This is for the 2014 version as well. SURPRISE, it's fucking fantastic.

Wet it was a dead on marshmallow tinged with woodsmoke. Close wearing though I suspect that's a travel shock thing. It also had an unexpected crunchy hard-candy aspect, must be the burnt sugar. Absolutely delicious.