Ajia's Castle Walls

Ajia

MARA! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Its gorgeous!

Each note blends beautifully together. Not one note over powers the others.

Wet :I get the more earthy notes ,moss , hay , lavendar. Drydown; The musk comes out along with warm beeswax, mead and woodsmoke......mmmmm ,now the incence . Dry: Each note wafts in and out......wrapping me in warmth and comfort. I LOVE IT! Its exactly what I was wanting! Again , thank you so much!

:wub: XOXOXO

MARA! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Its gorgeous!

Each note blends beautifully together. Not one note over powers the others.

Wet :I get the more earthy notes ,moss , hay , lavendar. Drydown; The musk comes out along with warm beeswax, mead and woodsmoke......mmmmm ,now the incence . Dry: Each note wafts in and out......wrapping me in warmth and comfort. I LOVE IT! Its exactly what I was wanting! Again , thank you so much!

:wub: XOXOXO

your description makes me want it !

I've been anxiously awaiting this review Ajia!

me too ! wanna go half-sies ? or do you think it's a FULL bottle need ?

:D (I must admit.....I'm looped right now, but I've been dying to get this, hope I get a sniffe , hint, hint SG !)

Edited by liz

me too ! wanna go half-sies ? or do you think it's a FULL bottle need ?

:D (I must admit.....I'm looped right now, but I've been dying to get this, hope I get a sniffe , hint, hint SG !)

I'll split a bottle with ya, absolutely! :D

Edited by coffeemama

I'll split a bottle with ya, absolutely! :001_302:

anything you want to split ? if so....we can swap, let me know.

This is gorgeous, it is a bright, clean, clear scent. It has the crisp hay smell i adore with very light almost shadowy florals wafting around while the incense and smoke make it interesting. the bamboo makes it fresh and a bit green but this is a wonderful scent and i am glad i got bottle, if the money fairies bless me i will get another one

Edited by knjsavy

Sounds like I'm going to be very glad I ordered a bottle of this, unsniffed!! I'll be the first person in line at the p.o. tomorrow morning to pick up my waiting box!!!

Awesome!! I always like getting LP packages...always make my day...

This is beautiful. It's earthy, herbal, and smoky.Definitely has that stoney thing going. Probably not the best time to be testing it though to know if it agrees with me as I've already had a headache all day and I know there's a smoky note in LPs that has given me a headache before.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

Thanks to the ladies for including a sample of this in with my most recent order. It is wonderful..a gorgeous incensy,slightly smokey,herbal/floral scent that is unlike anything I have. It lasts a looong time too and has nice throw..detectable by others but not at all cloying or overpowering. The smoke aspect is not campfire but the smokiness one gets with buring incense.

I hope I am not too late to grab a bottle of this.

just got my mega package today....

this was a tiny sample freebie and has stopped me in my tracks. it is so unusual and is evocative of a romantisized, medieval memory. this is somewhat beyond a perfume, the notes blend together in a whisper, reminding our souls of a time passed that only exists in the deepest part of us.

this fragrance is more of an olafactory reincarnation-very hard to explain. i don't love it for it's note-melding beauty, moreso it is a medium that taps into some long-forgotten lifetime of mine.

to me it isn't a perfume. it is a scent memory of a life i may have lived many souls ago.

breathtaking, unusual, unforgettable.

please don't sell out before i can buy a bottle!

Edited by cyberianhussy

just got my mega package today....

this was a tiny sample freebie and has stopped me in my tracks. it is so unusual and is evocative of a romantisized, medieval memory. this is somewhat beyond a perfume, the notes blend together in a whisper, reminding our souls of a time passed that only exists in the deepest part of us.

this fragrance is more of an olafactory reincarnation-very hard to explain. i don't love it for it's note-melding beauty, moreso it is a medium that taps into some long-forgotten lifetime of mine.

to me it isn't a perfume. it is a scent memory of a life i may have lived many souls ago.

breathtaking, unusual, unforgettable.

please don't sell out before i can buy a bottle!

Beautiful CH!

And it does for me too...

ajia, thank you for your beautiful creation.

...this tiny sample has topped all the bottles i received, big samples, etc. so true, it's the one fragrance you never even thought u wanted. castle walls is that surprise winner for me and a sure, 'next week' bottle purchase for me.

wow ajia.

I'll split a bottle with ya, absolutely! :001_302:

got the pkg today, coffeemama ! Thanks !

First of all, when I saw the name the song "Ooh My Love" by Stevie Nicks immediately went through my mind.

In the shadow of the castle walls

wherever those walls were...

well, he used to love

to be behind

those walls with her.

This reminds me of Tweed. Tweed is one of those ur-fragrances for me, my grandmother wore it and whenever I smell one like it I am immediately reminded of her. Although it's not exactly the same but I think the oakmoss is causing the connection primarily. It's a very sort of classic complex type of scent, I notice as it proceeds in the drydown that I get more of the beeswax, incense and mead...kind of like moving through the rooms of the castle, and how each one has its' own characteristic while there is a still a unifying scent to the place. The waft is close and yet consistently strong. Intent-wise it does have a comforting aura to it, and I think it's a great unisex blend (you know who's going to get dabbed by me for testing purposes :wink2:).

• 2 weeks later...

Ooh my love, what album is that on? I have a couple of cds ,T.in Shangri la and Time Space ...... Belladonna on casette, I know its not on those.......doesnt she have 2 0r 3 others out? I really wanna hear this song ........

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had to surrender my sniffie of this to Quince, he said it actually did remind him of a castle he toured in his youth and the only thing which was missing was "the persistent smell of livestock." :wacko:

Ajia, I just purchased a bottle during the sale... :wacko:

I love this creation....I feel like I am in a protected, peaceful place..ie..home when I wear this..

Thnx

• 9 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is very soft and pretty on my skin. The lavender is gorgeous, and its freshness is beautifully counterbalanced by the warmth of the beeswax and mead.

I seem to be amping either the moss or the hay on drydown though, which makes for a sharper dry stage than I'd like. I'm going to give it a couple days to settle down, and I'll report back if there are any significant changes.

• 2 years later...

I had to try this after reading the reviews (and spotting it on a trade thread I was already purchasing from). Also, I am on a serious lavender kick right now and feeling compelled to try all things that have lavender.

That being said, my nose is translating the floral in this into something much more like lilac than lavender, which is fine, as it's lovely! As people have mentioned above, it's a subtle, earthy and yet ethereal blend. It's still in the early stages of drydown, and so far I am not getting smoke or beeswax (heartily looking forward to them!)--rather a blend of floral and grasses. Very soft but with a gritty texture I like. (I am also getting something the tiniest bit head-achey, so I'll have to see how it plays out.... I knew that was risk when I read that this was incense-y. Sometimes those really work for me and sometimes they don't.) I am really impressed with how complex this!