Pia Candied violets and Musk

knjsavy

Not the best violet I've ever known (and I love violet almost like a spouse) but this is a simple, charming scent. Very light throw with a gentle interplay between the sugary violets and the musk. It's a sweetheart for the spring, and I may get a bottle to see how it may improve over time.

I love this one! It's like a lighter more innocent version of Dolly's Dark Side! It doesn't have the staying power of DDS though, only lasts for 2-3 hours on me... If I get a bottle I'd have to get some D5 too me thinks

I love this one! It's like a lighter more innocent version of Dolly's Dark Side! It doesn't have the staying power of DDS though, only lasts for 2-3 hours on me... If I get a bottle I'd have to get some D5 too me thinks

Hehe...lighter more innocent version of DDS...hmmmmm..now I have to do some more research...

thanks Rosebud!!

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm getting more sugar than violet...I was going to say it reminds me of Possets' Silver Violets but I really get more sweetness than floral. That's nice, though, in that it seems to be ensuring the violet does not go powdery on me (the problem I normally have with that note).

This is very pretty.

Wet:A sweet musk with just a hint of violet.

Drydown:The musk moves back and the candied violet becomes more prominent.

2 hours later, it becomes......it becomes..........hmmm.....*sniffs self again*.

Huh, cant really describe what it smells like......I get floral, a tad bit of sweetness, and very light musk. To me, its a very young lady type of scent ..........innocent is the word that comes to mind. Very pretty.......

Sorry, Im sooo not good at giving reviews :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

Piias candied violet & musk my 1st review.

initial smell-delicate flowers(violets)and a scent I did't reconize'how to desribe it inticing.

wrist test- Really strong floral and sweet at the same time.As if a floral scent dancing around my head,but in a nice way.

As it dries the scent it seems to get lighter,it dried real fast on me.

About 20 minutes afterI asked my hubby his thoughts on my purfume and he sniffed my wrist and replyed it smelled earthy and sweet.

A little story We fought bad because I was in the middle of placing a new order and he wanted to print something out I told him my printer wasn't working so he wasted 1 hour of our time hehehe.

Anywho about an hour after wearing this I would git just a suttle hint.(just as I wrote thate line) The fragance was gone by 3 to 4 hours on my first test.

I hope I did this right for you all are wonderful

Tee :)

• 4 months later...

Lord---this scent makes me feel like a moron. And NOT because its smells bad- on the contrary-It smells GREAT!!!!!

The deal is- On the drydown of this, to me, it smells exactly like Borsari Parma Violet(I have been paying over a hundred bucks a bottle for that dang stuff for years).

This is sweet candy violet with a green earthy undertone-just like Bosari's-dammint. I really wish I would have smelled this earlier and stocked up. Its LOVELY!

Grrrrr........ :lol:

• 11 months later...

Very pretty scent and I love it very much. It's probably the white musk and white sugar which remind me of my current favourite, MWO. However, this turned powdery after a couple of hours.

I will definitely use this at work or at bedtime.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I got this as a sample and just from the description I didn't think I'd like it, as I don't like musk and didn't think I liked violets, but I am really pleasantly surprised. I get very sweet notes from this, like candy, and I can smell the violet strongly but for some reason I really like it. Maybe I am a violet fan after all? Or perhaps it is the fact that it is "sugared"? Anyway I love this in the bottle and on application. On drydown it becomes less sweet and more floral and I like it a bit less, but only a little bit less - still enjoying it. Because I like this one so much in the bottle I think I will tip my sample onto a cotton pad and add it to my pot pourri collection (an organza bag filled with pieces of cotton pad soaked in various perfume oils).

Always happy to discover new scents to love :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I tried this last night scared of the violets that might electrocute me, but I decided what the hell. A little risk never killed anyone.

I was happy that the violet didn't come out and strangle me right away. What I felt was a cozy type of laundry smell. It reminded me of Tide with Lavender or something flowery or pretty. Some people might get turned off by that, but it wasn't bad. It was very comforting and cozy. I probably would not go full bottle extravaganza, but you never know, I might retest and see how this does. It also made me very sleepy. Like really cozy and comfy so this might be a good sleep scent for me.

• 3 months later...

I just got this one and its love at first sight... The violet does come out strong for the first hour or two, but then it settles down into this most amazing sexy scent I can wear all day... I would agree with what Lady V stated in that it is a cozy fragrance but it also has the air of elegance surrounding it...It's mine and I LOVE IT