Betrothal Potion

scourger

Betrothal Potion

A simply gorgeous, delicately feminine perfume potion with a very specific purpose...for the marriage minded amongst us! The ingredients in this potion have come down in folklore throughout the ages as those that put men into a 'marital' frame of mind. This potion tends to bring out the chivalrous side of men, and seems to inspire in them the desire to treat you like a treasure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

DAFFODIL ~ Regard, sympathy and affection returned, love, fertility, luck.
ORANGE BLOSSOM ~ Strong "magnet" to attract men, eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
LOTUS ~ No man can refuse the woman who wears this; lovers reunited, protection. Symbolizes intellect, mental energies and illumination. Inspiration, clarity, purification.
NEROLI ~ Relieves tension and anxiety.
SWEET DILL ~ Attracts women, love, protection of the home, affluence, good fortune.
SWEET PEA ~ Lasting pleasure, blissfulness, youthful attraction, friendship, courage, strength.
PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.
WATER LILY ~ Purity of heart.
BAMBOO ~ Protection, hex breaking, luck and wishes, fertility, wisdom, feminine energy.
BASIL ~ Love, fidelity, empathy between lovers.
PEACH ~ Love, promotes fertility, happiness, abundance, marriage, longevity, wishes granted
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magical Properties: Eternal Love, Affection Returned, Adoration, Lasting Pleasure, Blissfulness, Marriage, Sensuality, Passion, Fidelity, Fertility, Easing of Childbirth, Longing to be together if separated, Protectiveness.

Notes: Daffodil, Hyacinth, Sweet Pea, Orange Blossom, Lotus, Water Lily, Pansy, Peach, Apricot, Sweet Herbs.

It's about time I got around to writing a review of this one. I was sniffing a friend's samples, and thought they were quite nice, but when I got to this one, I fell in love. This is the scent which made me place my first order, and remains one of my favorites.

Wet, both in the bottle and on, this has a very fresh scent, which I would describe as green. (I have been told that there is nothing green in the blend, so perhaps this is the Daffodil?) It is floral, but more like fresh cut stems than ponderous blossoms. As it dries down, a rich, ambery sweetness comes through, which must be the apricot and peaches. It remains a light floral scent, but somehow earthy, without any soil or incense.

I once had a chunk of rose quartz that I carried with me everywhere. When I couldn't hold it, I put it in my pocket, or under my pillow. Over time, it picked up an ellusive sweetness that I had never smelled before. Betrothal smells like that chunk of Rose Quartz, only better and brighter.

As to the magickal properties, I would say that it works. I am not looking for marriage, but I wear this scent when I want bonding time with my honey, and it works that way. It also once had the interesting side effect of making my almost-mother-in-law gravitate in my direction and whistfully talk about how much her mother enjoyed having grand-kids.

I love this scent. It smells like springtime, and happiness, and me.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chloe asked me to post a review of this scent, which she "swiped" (with permission, of course:) from me while visiting this past week. So, in her words (dictated while she was between classes and work, sniffing her wrist :wacko::

"This is a super-good scent which has me smelling my wrist in an addictive manner! I can't get enough of it. It smells like a lovely garden; when I sniff it, it smells like earth and florals with just the slightest touch of sweetness. Interestingly, it smells different on each wrist, with my left wrist having more of an earthy scent and the right having more of a floral and vines smell. It is a very delicate yet very powerful scent and one which blends well with my self-scent, complimenting it."

Hee hee, I've brought my daughter over to the LP-side! And, that would probably be a better thing if she were responsible for her own purchases. Dang, I really should think these things through better....

Hee hee, I've brought my daughter over to the LP-side!

I think I have converted a bunch of people......I bought some of the samples to give to my "regular" accounting clients as after-Christmas gifts......I'm giving them out as they come in for their pre tax prep appointments.....at least they are leaving with smiles on their faces..... :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I've read so many great reviews of Bethrothal I really must try it, although I generally try to avoid anything majorly floral as they can be a bit hit and miss for me.

May

I'd say give a sample a try...I'm not a BIG FLORAL person (i.e. super strong white floral type flowers) and this is definitely NOT that. Floral on the gentle side.

There is definately magic in this bottle. I bought this because it didn't have any patchouli. At first it was a clean soapy floral, then fades down to something tart.

The magic was I suddenly looked prettier to even the hardest critic. And my a-sexual platonic friend became flirtier. Definately a nice guy magnet.

In comparision to Red and Black, people felt this scent was younger. Most people like this versus the resiney ones on me. One older lady said it smelled like an immitation of a desiger perfume.

Something about all these perfumes that make me look more ethereal. My eyes droop down to a come hither kind of way. And it gives me an heir of mystery glow. Wicked!

• 4 weeks later...
There is definately magic in this bottle. I bought this because it didn't have any patchouli. At first it was a clean soapy floral, then fades down to something tart.

The magic was I suddenly looked prettier to even the hardest critic. And my a-sexual platonic friend became flirtier. Definately a nice guy magnet.

In comparision to Red and Black, people felt this scent was younger. Most people like this versus the resiney ones on me. One older lady said it smelled like an immitation of a desiger perfume.

Something about all these perfumes that make me look more ethereal. My eyes droop down to a come hither kind of way. And it gives me an heir of mystery glow. Wicked!

The smell is sweetly feminine and beckoning. Makes me feel like if I have been a naughty girl d all I have to do is shoot one of my "looks"...and it doesn't matter...I can have whatever I wish! Innocent or not! hehe (evil laugh) This is a sure seduction potion. This scent is one of my favorites. It is a light scent, but my skin does not drink it up

• 2 months later...

In the bottle: I get all hyacinth. Almost overpowering.

Wet: Hyacinth still, but toned down, and I'm smelling a sweet citrus, probably the orange blossom. Smells gorgeous, but I wish I could smell more of the fruits and sweet herbs.

Dry-down: The sweet herbs and fruits come out and it's a soft scent that I really love. I can't really describe it, it makes me think of being little and hiding in my mom's bed, her sheets over my head, early in the morning, getting whiffs of her perfume and the breeze carrying the scents of the garden in.

Sweetly, innocently feminine, and for me it's a really comforting scent for me, it really does remind me of my mommy. :D

As for the effects on my boyfriend.. I put some Betrothal on midafternoon and when he got up from sleeping most of the day (he's on midnights) he staggered out in his underwear (lol) and gave me my usual kiss and instead of following his routine (and I'm talking no deviating, ever) of going to sit on the computer to wake up, he ended up crawling behind me to lay on the couch and spent almost half an hour running his fingers through my hair and snuggling me. To the point where he wouldn't let me up to pee. It was very sweet. He didn't comment on how I smelled however, probably because the scent was very faint at this point and I have to huff my wrists to get it.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this as a freebie sample :wink2:

I am so fricken glad I did! Holy %)# this is pretty powerful...not going to say what happened but it sort of surprised me and I didn't even make a wish or something.

The scent is so beautiful, yes its florals (and I don't like grandma florals) but this one is very goddess, and lovely feminine type. I'm in love with this.

Note to self: order a full bottle soon!

I have two testers of this one and I am saving them for when I am ready to be proposed to lo. At this point marriage freaks me out (I dont have a lot of good marriages in my family to look up to). I love my BF and we are definetly heading that way, but I have to take it a step at a time. So betrothal is on back burner for now...although Id love to hear other ladies stories with this potion :P

I have two testers of this one and I am saving them for when I am ready to be proposed to lo. At this point marriage freaks me out (I dont have a lot of good marriages in my family to look up to). I love my BF and we are definetly heading that way, but I have to take it a step at a time. So betrothal is on back burner for now...although Id love to hear other ladies stories with this potion :)

oh my goodness! marriage?! (I'm too young myself!)

lol you don't want to wear it even to make men chivalrous? ;):D

oh man, I forgot to mention I wore bethrotal to a get to-gether, last week. And it was an east indian kinda party...and a dude asked my dad if he could marry me (kinda scarry!). I don't know if it was sheer coincidence, or something, but I'm saving my vial, when I'm in a relationship! :happybirthday:

oh man, I forgot to mention I wore bethrotal to a get to-gether, last week. And it was an east indian kinda party...and a dude asked my dad if he could marry me (kinda scarry!). I don't know if it was sheer coincidence, or something, but I'm saving my vial, when I'm in a relationship! ;)

Its good stuff, you have to be careful :blue_dancing_banana: lol. Marriage is definetly on my boys mind, I think he is just looking at timing.

He actually found a list that i had made of two rings that I like (my girlfriend and I were bored and shopping one day, so we went and tried engagement rings on :D If you have never done this, you should its fun and informative, especially when marriage is so not close to being on your mind :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: ) Anyways I had the list in an obscure place and he stumbled upon it, so it is no longer in my possession :D

Its good stuff, you have to be careful :blue_dancing_banana: lol. Marriage is definetly on my boys mind, I think he is just looking at timing.

He actually found a list that i had made of two rings that I like (my girlfriend and I were bored and shopping one day, so we went and tried engagement rings on :D If you have never done this, you should its fun and informative, especially when marriage is so not close to being on your mind :msn_red_fox_smilies-09: ) Anyways I had the list in an obscure place and he stumbled upon it, so it is no longer in my possession :D

LOL! you're right, I'm going to be so fricken careful from now on! lol

oh-la-la! seems like your romeo is on the right track! ;) Aww, you're so cute! I've looked at a selection of engagement rings cause they look special! but I haven't tried them on, sounds fun though!

lol, best of luck with your romeo!

;)

LOL! you're right, I'm going to be so fricken careful from now on! lol

oh-la-la! seems like your romeo is on the right track! ;) Aww, you're so cute! I've looked at a selection of engagement rings cause they look special! but I haven't tried them on, sounds fun though!

lol, best of luck with your romeo!

hehe, ty, and I do reccomend trying them on, its harmless fun that gives you hope for tomorrow. AS WELL, I am so not a jewellry person, nor do I think I have pretty hands, so I really had to try rings on to see what cut worked best on me and hid my flaws :)

ALthough my ideal ring is the one chandler gets for monica on friends :D

hehe, ty, and I do reccomend trying them on, its harmless fun that gives you hope for tomorrow. AS WELL, I am so not a jewellry person, nor do I think I have pretty hands, so I really had to try rings on to see what cut worked best on me and hid my flaws :)

ALthough my ideal ring is the one chandler gets for monica on friends :D

lol, I'm going shopping with my friends this weekend (which is like far away) but I'll definately try them on, even though I'm just 19 lol! Why spoil the fun for my friends who are in their late 20s!?!

Aww c'mon! I bet you've got pretty hands! reminds me my hands are so chapped at the moment...eww!!! that's what happens when you're a graphic design student!

oh wow, there is so much to those rings huh? hiding flaws?! that's really interesting!

• 4 weeks later...

This one smells so damn pretty! It has really grown on me, it's my new fav. I can't stop sniffing myself :D . I haven't had any proposals (yet) but I don't always have myself in situations to invite them hehehe. Just work and home for me really. I did have two guys falling over me trying to help me in anyway they could with an inquiry that I had for them that was fun hehehehe. Yup I am in Love with this one most def! :(

This one smells so damn pretty! It has really grown on me, it's my new fav. I can't stop sniffing myself :o . I haven't had any proposals (yet) but I don't always have myself in situations to invite them hehehe. Just work and home for me really. I did have two guys falling over me trying to help me in anyway they could with an inquiry that I had for them that was fun hehehehe. Yup I am in Love with this one most def! :Hug_emoticon:

I agree! I have the sample and love the smell. People are definitely nicer and my TG is as well. I can't wait to order full size bottles then I'll post more detail reviews.

Edited by CutiePie

• 4 months later...

This is sweet etheral light florals. It is so bright and refreshing, so glad i got a bottle, it made my room smell like a summer garden - can't speak about the effect as i am here by myself and i am always marriage minded

• 1 month later...

This is a lovely floral, but Lord help me, a little dab'll do ya. This scent is heady and strong. I get hyacinth, orange blossom, lotus and water lily more than anything else. A touch of daffodil. Really glad it's easy on the sweet pea. Perhaps its strength is one reason why it seems to work such magic on people - it knocks them out :) I have yet to try it out on a larger audience but I'll try to remember to update my review when I do. Even so, I may have to give it up because I seem to have an instantly headachy reaction to it. Hope that effect is temporary.

This is a lovely floral, but Lord help me, a little dab'll do ya. This scent is heady and strong. I get hyacinth, orange blossom, lotus and water lily more than anything else. A touch of daffodil. Really glad it's easy on the sweet pea. Perhaps its strength is one reason why it seems to work such magic on people - it knocks them out :wink2: I have yet to try it out on a larger audience but I'll try to remember to update my review when I do. Even so, I may have to give it up because I seem to have an instantly headachy reaction to it. Hope that effect is temporary.

Nightlife,

You are right... a lil dab will do ya...lol.

I fell in love with this scent early on, it is soooo very pretty...but I had to learn how to wear it...I was killing the people I work with, especially the older women, boy were they complaining

but yes, it is definitely pretty...try it again, but only use a tiny bit...the scent I find is long lasting as well, and it really only takes a lil

djac

• 1 month later...

I ordered a sample looking for a summer and spring scent. I usually wearer darker, sexy more floozy-like scents. This is so the opposite. It's a floral which I typically run from because they turn to laundry soap on my skin. This one didn't however. This is very light, innocent and pure with a hint of sexy. I don't get heady and strong, it's more strong yet light and slihgtly sweet in a non-cloying way. It indeed reminds me of a lovely, summer outdoor wedding. I really do like this as it's so different from what I usually wear. I will be ordering a large bottle.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have a trial vial of last year's version (this year's is available now in the Gift Shoppe) and I didn't think I'd really be able to wear it without freaking out, but I really do like it as a Spring floral mix, there's a nice hint of sweetness underneath all the flowers which makes it a little more palatable for me. The daffodil is the strongest note on me (it always is - which is apt, given that I was born in March) but I do also get that bouquet effect.

• 4 months later...

This is beautiful. It reminds me of great happiness and this will be suitable for spring and summer. Will probably get a full bottle for my sister.

Edited by JOC

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think I put too much on! This is a very fragrant floral mix on me. Pretty but not for every day.

Reading the reviews has me scared to wear it though! LOL. I'm unattached and would freak out if people suddenly told me they wanted kids and/or marriage.

Edit: Wow, my skin is amping up the lotus like mad. I smell the other florals but the lotus is very very forward.

Edit 2: Wait, there's no lotus in this?? What is it that smells like lotus and is really strong then??

Edited by maiea