EGG 2009

luna65

M&D want us all to know that we need to SHAKE THE BOTTLE first, okay? So don't forget! That goes for your trial vial too, of course.

*shakes furiously*

As I hoped, this EGG seems to have that same delicious marshmallow-amber-musk base to it, which makes it so fluffy, snuggly and soft. I think Ail described it as "ethereal" and that is definitely true. The chocolate, for me, is more of an impression or a suggestion...most prevalent in the wet stage and then a sort of creaminess in the drydown. But not, like, chocolate. I think aging will bring it out more, I notice that my bottle of original EGG has evolved into something more "there," for lack of a better term.

I'm interested to know everyone's impressions on this one, because I wonder if that quality will be consistent for all of us, or if some will amp certain notes.

As for the intent, well...I wrote something rather naughty this afternoon, heh. But that's why I slather!

Edited by luna65

As for the intent, well...I wrote something rather naughty this afternoon, heh. But that's why I slather!

Yeah but you write something naughty without egg. Now you'll just be writing A LOT more of somethings that are naughty. I feel a novel coming...

I'm really excited to try this since I feel my creativity has been lacking as of late. I used to be so much more creative. Now? Dead zone, and not in the cool Stephen King kind of way because that would be an interesting spice to add to my life. :)

i have watching for this review , as im waiting for mine to arrive this week hopefully.

you described it just how i was hoping it would be.

thanks for a great description.

I always give them a good shake but thanks for the reminder Luna65.

I got cocoa marshmellows with this one when wet and after drydown it turned out very yummy but after about an hour...all i got was chocolate...woe is me...hehe...But it was still fun testing this one out...

I always give them a good shake but thanks for the reminder Luna65.

I got cocoa marshmellows with this one when wet and after drydown it turned out very yummy but after about an hour...all i got was chocolate...woe is me...hehe...But it was still fun testing this one out...

Loving this one! I got an amped bottle and am needing a sample size for my purse so that I can smell yummy without the addition (not a work amperage). Sweet, but not cloying; light but with depth. And the staying power is incredible!

Thanks for reminding me about shaking. The first time I tested, I didnt shake and It reminded me more of the original Egg. Marshmallowie, cozy and deliscious. Just a slight hint of chocolate.

After I shook the sample up I get much more chocolate. Chocolate is not a note that is great on me, so I am not going to give this scent the descripotion it deserves. But I will give my perspective...

The chocolate blends quite nicely with the other scents of egg. The scent is still cozy but the chocolate gives it an added richness.

The chocolate isnt "Hot chocolat with marshmallows" like winter solstice. This is fluffy and elegant.

I actually envision this one to be great around guys. It is edible and delicious. a good one to amp and a good one to wear to get the "wow, you smell yummy" comment :neutral: Oh what fun LPs are!

Additonal note, which was mentioned before, upon further drydown the chocolat lightens up and melds even nicer (not so chocolate heavy.)

So if you arent a big chocolate scent person (like me) try this out, be patient and let Egg drydown and develop into a wonderful scent.

When I first put this on it was very light. Pretty, but I thought it was perhaps too light for me.

After wearing it for a while though, I must say it has a lovely waft. I don't always smell it-just get hints of it now and again. It's a great effect. Light or not, it's a definite bottle possibility...

I'll have to sample this...this and Rocket Chick.

Even with all the "oh it's just a little chocolate" warnings on earth--in perfume, chocolate scares me!!! So, we'll see. Everything else sounds amazing, so I hope your right!!!

Angel, by Theirry Mugler uses chocolate, and ya can't smell it, at least I can't. So perhaps there's hope....

So this was really light on Quin, but one me it was strong (but not cloying) & lasted a long time, over 6 hours!

On me it's a dusty chocolate with marshmallow & sugary amber, very good stuff!

And curiouschic I agree with you about wearing this around guys. :)"

I love how when you shake this one, it turns pure white like a cooked egg white. (Well, last year's was pure white, this year's has that tiny touch of chocolate to the color as well as the scent.) :lol: Anyway, that's what always reminds me to shake it - I enjoy watching the color change. I'm slathered in this right now....yummmmmmmm!!!!!

I honestly think this is my new favorite. I love the color change too, let's me know it's ready to put on. It dries down so lovely and light but lasts. I may need another bottle (or two).

I'm not sure about this one...It's nice but I was expecting and really looking forward to a substitute to Sogni Incant with this one. Lots of vanilla, amber and marshmallows...but I'm getting ALOT of white musk and only a little bit of chocolatey vanilla. :unsure: I don't seem to be having much luck with LPMP's March releases...

I'm not sure about this one...It's nice but I was expecting and really looking forward to a substitute to Sogni Incant with this one. Lots of vanilla, amber and marshmallows...but I'm getting ALOT of white musk and only a little bit of chocolatey vanilla. :unsure: I don't seem to be having much luck with LPMP's March releases...

This one was so yummy on me when wet but on drydown all I got was chocolate amplified for some reason and then it went wonky on me...lol. I seem to have the same luck with March's releases as well...only two I kept the rest were traded off... :rockon:

Okay you guys are REALLY going to think I'm weird but...I have EGG 2009 on over SS for men and it smells very similar to C.F.M. Why? I have no idea. The chocolate in EGG is faint for me and maybe the SS is covering it up more. Quite unexpected since there's NO tea like smell in EGG like there is in C.F.M. Hmm...

Is it the unscented SS4M? Because it is strange that the phero alone would change the character of the scent so much.

Edited by luna65

Is it the unscented SS4M? Because it is strange that the phero alone would change the character of the scent so much.

It is the unscented SS for men. I thought it was strange as well. I'm okay with it though. ;)

Hmm, although that is a very potent phero mix, it comes through the Super fragrance as well eventually...so I guess it's not so surprising. EGG isn't quite robust enough to stand up to something like that, I'm thinking. But if it smells okay then it's all good! ;)

• 2 months later...

Looking for my signature scent, I ordered a gazillion samples and this one is my fave... I will order a full sized bottle of this one. Its absolutely beautiful, though I cant imagine being appreciated as a mans scent.. to my nose this is very feminine and absolutely perfect for winter. I do wish the chocolate note was a little lighter so Im able to wear this in the summer... something like Egg-Light or Eau de Egg or Egg White..(lol).

The original EGG (2008) was probably more what you're looking for...you might want keep an eye out on the Trading Post for that one.

• 4 weeks later...

ok gals, here I sit order plotting again.

Amber-yay

Marshmallow-mmmm

Musk-love

Chocolate-nooooo!!!! My skin HATES chocolate. I really want to try this AND Rocket Chick, but I'm really scared of the chocolate in them. I can't even explain what my skin does to it..."musty", and "funky" are the best adjectives I can use.

The only LP chocolate I've tried was in Deliciously Wicked and it sadly did the same thing...

BUT-there's chocolate in Thierry Mugler's Angel and my skin loves THAT!

Sooo, I'm thinkin, maybe...with the Amber, the chocolate in EGG might be ok? I'm torn..can someone describe it to me? The way it blends with the other notes?

Im thinkin I'll try Rocket Chick cause it's on the sale list, but EGG isn't, still--the reviews are really tempting.

Help a sista out!

Thanks girls! Lori

For me, the chocolate isn't strong, as I noted in my review. It's more of a soft impression rather than a literal quality. The fragrance overall is very soft and light, as in the original version. I don't know how else to describe it other than what I originally wrote...what kind of description do you need?

However, some people seem to amp chocolate notes no matter what. If you do then you probably wouldn't like it. But if you take a chance on a trial vial you can always swap it if it doesn't work for you, after all.

Edited by luna65

Thanks Luna that's true..

I guess I was hoping that the Amber would sortof just murder the chocolate completely.

Your reveiw says it's light, others say no..

I think I'll still just debate this. For full price it seems a lil risky. I think I am a chocolate "amper". Sadly..

And I WILL request it as a sample. I generally just let M&D pick samples for me, but good call.

Edited by cheeseburger79

This is SUCH a pretty, girly scent. The chocolate is very insubstantial, and I don't really like chocolate in perfumes ... it doesn't bother me at all in this one. It smells as light and cloudlike as those pale little chocolate divinities they sell at Trader Joe's :-) Or like a very milky soothing cup of cocoa with marshmallows in it.

• 8 months later...

Well cheeseburger, 8 months later I can report on my first trying of this that at least for me, I did not even realize there was chocolate in it at ALL, my skin ate it so fast. But then it always does that to chocolate, so maybe you shouldn't take my word.

Wet, it was marshmallow, butter, vanilla and musk. :smilies-23596: Then very quickly it became this oddly floral, dignified, super elegant thing: the vanilla (at least on me) is so unfoody that it smells FLORAL. A complex, nonheady white floral with musk rounded out, just touched really, with brown sugar but in a way that it again did not seem foody, just abstractly sweet. Unique and just intoxicating to me.

EGG has become one of my fave LPs. Youd think reading the ingredients Egg would smell more foody than sexy but isnt the case. Its really beautiful and complex composition. I find myself always coming back to this one.

Edited by KrazyKat

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a vanilla-floral mix on me. Someone mentioned Thierry Mugler's Angel and yes, that is what this morphs into my skin. And it's blended so well that I can't even pick out the individual notes. Lots of staying power too.

I'll mourn this bottle when it is gone.

Ah, see Southern Gothic '09 is supposed to be the Angel dupe. :001_302: There's no patchouli in either verison of EGG so it's interesting people get that impression.

Edited by luna65

• 1 year later...

This blend contains all of my favorite notes, but for some reason it is going wonky on my skin :arf: . It may be the chocolate note since many of them smell almost burnt on my skin. So sad since I had such high hopes for this one.