Liz's Dark Patchouli & Rose Otto

luna65

I'll weigh in on Liz' Dark Patchouli/Rose Otto custom scent, which is just fabulous. The patchouli is very rich and decadent, but sweetened just enough to compliment the rose without turning it "dirty." Rose Otto has a lot of body and depth to it and can easily overpower any blend it's a part of, but these two are utterly harmonious and sexy! Thanks for dreaming this one up, Liz!

I'll weigh in on Liz' Dark Patchouli/Rose Otto custom scent, which is just fabulous. The patchouli is very rich and decadent, but sweetened just enough to compliment the rose without turning it "dirty." Rose Otto has a lot of body and depth to it and can easily overpower any blend it's a part of, but these two are utterly harmonious and sexy! Thanks for dreaming this one up, Liz!

:D Thank you for the compliment Luna ! I'm glad you like it ! Mara's blending made it just RIGHT !!!! Right now I wish I could smell it ! my cold has traveled to my head and can't smell or taste a thing, and my throat feels like I drank battery acid, it's RAW ! Yeah, whenever I wear "My" scent, I get alot of compliments from men and women alike. Can't wait to get my new btl (I've already decanted 2 samples)w/NEW label !

liz

I totally love your custom blend liz its my perfect dark rose scent, so earthy and strong and pure. YUM I know I gotta get me a couple more bottles of it. I also cant wait for it to age together cuz I know it will be even better with years to come.

I wonder if thats how wine and dead roses smelled? anybody can compare?

• 2 weeks later...
i also got a chance to try the dark patchouli and rose otto which is great, I love patchouli and this scent reminds me of Turkish delight with out the headache! dark and sweet at the same time, more gorgeous than I thought it would be :)

I've been considering trying a bottle of Liz' custom blend.....it sounds way cool.....

Today was my first day wearing Sugared Babe; I knew the notes would be just what I like (May's a visionary!). In the bottle it's all vanilla and honey to me, it actually reminds me of a scent by Cremoso called B (which is vanilla/honey/rum) but once I have it on the amber lends a nice touch of powder (but not in the bad way). The rose note is a little sharp on me, but I'm hoping it will tone down later. But it does have a kind of decadent "thick" quality to it...lovely!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just had to come back and comment on Liz patchouli and rose otto.

The other day I slathered it on as I had forgotten this one is so strong that you only need a dab. As soon as I walked into the room where my friends were in they all said mmmmmmmm you smell delicious. Two people actually dabbed their wrist on mine and it smelled like they had put it on straight and not from me. This bottle is going to last me for so long at the small dose that I need.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. I dont know what I would do if I didnt have this. Then the next morning I woke up to something so sweet that my mouth actually watered and I was looking around for the scent and then I realized it was me like 3 min. later lol. The drydown is sweet and so soft I feel like I slept on a sweet bed of rose petals.

I feel the most feminine and loveable when I wear this. It makes me so happy I never knew how much scent can change a mood until I found LP.

oh and question for Mara I remember you said this was an aged patchouli so how old was it? I remember you said it was really thick. This is awsome stuff.

oh and question for Mara I remember you said this was an aged patchouli so how old was it? I remember you said it was really thick. This is awsome stuff.

Thank you for the awesome words! :D The patchouli I used for this blend is older than you are, Vivica! It's around 25 years old.

Aged patchouli is truly a beautiful thing, I have several perfumes which utilize patchouli twenty years or older and they are all magnificent.

Thank you for the awesome words! :) The patchouli I used for this blend is older than you are, Vivica! It's around 25 years old.

lol thats funny,

who knew a perfume older than me would be so yummy. amazing

now I love it so much more, man that means as it ages it will get even better. That makes me happy I gotta get me several more bottles of it since its the one I grab the most. I think that might be the first bottle I actually finish.

• 3 months later...
And Liz I'm back in school. :lol:

ATTA GIRL !!

• 4 weeks later...

WOWZERS!!! Liz! This beeeyoootiful! I got the motherload today and your perfume is heaven.

Yes, what can I say really!?

Patchouli, without smellin like dirty hippie, praise the lord, blended in perfect harmony with deep amazing rose.

I'm tryin to glean what sugars...powdered and brown maybe?

Anyway, I's in love baby! Thanks for makin such a good one! I'm a happy camper for nabbin a bottle!

Much love!! Lori

Ahem--/And OF COURSE--thanks Mara and Sinister for bringin the dream to life!!! B)

Edited by cheeseburger79

Aww... Thanks Cheezie B ! Glad you enjoy it !

Also glad to hear the 'baby' is doing so well !

• 1 month later...

Through a Board trade I finally got my paws on this...and I'm SO glad I did! The patchouli on this is so dark, it's chocolaty/earthy -it's really intense w/o being one of those HUGE notes that bangs on your head after a time. The rose and sugars bears the blend up to a lighter feeling...and it's just gorgeous! Mara, Liz my hat is off to you both on this one! YUM!

I know!! I already reviewed this, but I just need to reiterate how great it is. Heaven. I wear it alllll the time and now I MUST also have Lizzy's Tizzy.

Get ready for my next lil crop of holds ladies...Therapygirl has been helping me find work today!

I wouldn't say it's spicy or resinous. It's a sweeter scent than you might think, and kind of winelike - both the rose and the patch have a very smooth rich complexity, with high fruity notes. The ladies do such amazing things with patchouli here, no harshness or rough edges!

I wouldn't say it's spicy or resinous. It's a sweeter scent than you might think, and kind of winelike - both the rose and the patch have a very smooth rich complexity, with high fruity notes. The ladies do such amazing things with patchouli here, no harshness or rough edges!

Thank you for the info carrie, really helped alot! :wub:

• 7 months later...

I finally got around to trying this thanks to liz sending me a sample, and it is a sexy scent. A lot of rose scents smell fake and cheap to me, but this does not. It is sultry and wonderful. Thank you, liz, for coming up with this idea!

• 2 years later...

Oh good heavens. I haven't reviewed this, and I've been wearing it for a while now! Ms. Liz sent me a whole sample vial, and I LOVE IT. :burning-heart:

Like Darbla said, it's sultry and wonderful! Neither the dark patch nor the rose otto takes over, and the sugar is...well, perfect. Just enough to sweeten and enrich--a subtle support. What a blend! Liz's perfume is grownup and sexy and sophisticated and absolutely beautiful!

~Thanks again, Liz!!! :kisses: