Like A Magnet--WOW

Oh yea, LAM a body slam with pheros. It's a potent head turner. Remember, with great power, come great responsibility ;)

Edited by StacyK

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oddly, Sandalwood and Resins completely fails to cover LAM on my skin. I find this entirely weird, because Sugared Honey and Vanilla *totally* covers it. I would have thought heavier notes like wood and resins would cover it better. It smells like EOW added to Popularity Potion on my skin.

I realize this is an older post, but I didn't know where to put this (& I don't want to start a new topic)

I admit, I am overly-excited about finding LPMP recently, quite by accident (but really, are there accidents!??) I ordered many things in a short amount of time, and last week I got some of my latest treasures - one being LAM spray, original scent.

Ok so last night (Sat) I'm under the assumption that my two teenage boys will be hanging out with friends... Leaving hubs and I at home alone (a rare occurrence). I am also trying to shake a wicked sinus infection (perfectly timed with the receipt of my latest box of LP of course, can't smell much of anything) so I feel decidedly UN-SEXY. So in a WTH moment, I spritz myself with LAM thinking I will "test" to see if hubs pick up on it. I can't smell anything...I try a little LP Red on my wrists to see if I can get some olfactory stimuli...nothin. Hubs is napping.

I decide to go empty the dishwasher (sexy chores, I know) when my oldest son (an athletic, healthy, gorgeous 18) comes blasting through the front door... "MOM I need you to help me with somethin' real quick..." Turns out he ISN'T disappearing for the night, but is working on a physics assignment (decidedly out of character for my son). He puts his laptop on the dining room table, and pulls up what he wants me to help with. I exit the kitchen and stand next to him; we are both looking at the screen, reading. Suddenly, he starts to get 'sniffly'... like he might sneeze, or cough, or his nose is itching. I back away from him and walk back into the kitchen wondering if I have bombed him with LAM. He seems to shake off the sniffs, is talking to me (from the other room) about the assignment. Says, "what about this...come look at this." So I walk back over towards him, reading the screen again, and AGAIN he starts rubbing his itchy nose and sniffling. I said "What's wrong darlin'? Is my perfume too strong?" He said "No mom. I don't know what's happening to me." So I left the room again and it subsided.

Poor thing never put it together that he was, at least temporarily, "allergic" to mom. I don't know what else it could have been, other than the LAM. Thank God he never showed any Oedipus complex symptoms (which would have been a dead giveaway- but I'm relieved that didn't occur!) So I'd like opinions from the experienced forum members... Does this sound like a reaction to the Phero/cops in LAM or perhaps the spray diffusion (up to this point I've only worn the oils- including LP Red w/no adverse reactions)?

It was an unexpectedly humorous case study at the very least. And hubby was very touchy-feely the rest of the night (no major action but the kids ended up at home too) but at least he didn't magically become allergic to me!

I've been in situations where wearing LPs seemed to make people sneeze -- always within the first hour of so of applying.

As for Oedipal things *shudder*, I think the generally-accepted wisdom around here is that pheros can't make people do things that they wouldn't naturally/are totally out of character for them. So, it's likely that the worst-case scenario is that your son though you smelled funky. But people with children would be able to shed more light on this, I think. Just wanted to allay your fears!

I realize this is an older post, but I didn't know where to put this (& I don't want to start a new topic)

I admit, I am overly-excited about finding LPMP recently, quite by accident (but really, are there accidents!??) I ordered many things in a short amount of time, and last week I got some of my latest treasures - one being LAM spray, original scent.

Ok so last night (Sat) I'm under the assumption that my two teenage boys will be hanging out with friends... Leaving hubs and I at home alone (a rare occurrence). I am also trying to shake a wicked sinus infection (perfectly timed with the receipt of my latest box of LP of course, can't smell much of anything) so I feel decidedly UN-SEXY. So in a WTH moment, I spritz myself with LAM thinking I will "test" to see if hubs pick up on it. I can't smell anything...I try a little LP Red on my wrists to see if I can get some olfactory stimuli...nothin. Hubs is napping.

I decide to go empty the dishwasher (sexy chores, I know) when my oldest son (an athletic, healthy, gorgeous 18) comes blasting through the front door... "MOM I need you to help me with somethin' real quick..." Turns out he ISN'T disappearing for the night, but is working on a physics assignment (decidedly out of character for my son). He puts his laptop on the dining room table, and pulls up what he wants me to help with. I exit the kitchen and stand next to him; we are both looking at the screen, reading. Suddenly, he starts to get 'sniffly'... like he might sneeze, or cough, or his nose is itching. I back away from him and walk back into the kitchen wondering if I have bombed him with LAM. He seems to shake off the sniffs, is talking to me (from the other room) about the assignment. Says, "what about this...come look at this." So I walk back over towards him, reading the screen again, and AGAIN he starts rubbing his itchy nose and sniffling. I said "What's wrong darlin'? Is my perfume too strong?" He said "No mom. I don't know what's happening to me." So I left the room again and it subsided.

Poor thing never put it together that he was, at least temporarily, "allergic" to mom. I don't know what else it could have been, other than the LAM. Thank God he never showed any Oedipus complex symptoms (which would have been a dead giveaway- but I'm relieved that didn't occur!) So I'd like opinions from the experienced forum members... Does this sound like a reaction to the Phero/cops in LAM or perhaps the spray diffusion (up to this point I've only worn the oils- including LP Red w/no adverse reactions)?

It was an unexpectedly humorous case study at the very least. And hubby was very touchy-feely the rest of the night (no major action but the kids ended up at home too) but at least he didn't magically become allergic to me!

I have an 18 year old son. While LAM would not be a choice I'd make intentionally, I obviously have had on pheros while my kids are around, sometimes unexpectedly like your case. Your LAM was in spray so maybe he was reacting to it, you have introduced something new to the environment that is diffusing in the the air all around you (sprays diffuse a wider area that the oil), it is a possibility. He may have been "ready to sneeze" because of the seasonal changes and the spray was just the final catalyst. I have never had a severe reaction to pheros in spray but I have definitely sneezed, when I was already somewhat compromised.

A far as wearing LAM around him.. he'll survive but don't be surprised if your kids are not fond of you wearing sexy scents or pheros. It may be a little disconcerting that you don't smell like "mom".

The strongest reaction I've ever had from my kids was with a fragrance (no pheros) It was "Lick of Pink" my daughter did not like it on me. Her eyes went big and she said "no!".." you shouldn't smell like that!" lol Mom likes to have fun too kids!

Edited by StacyK

Kids or your siblings are likely to be turned off (as well they should be!! lol) by the cops in a phero.

I think I have a LAM junkie on my hands! I was wearing LAM Buttercream Peach all day yesterday. The Marine and I were unloading the dishwasher in close quarters, so he got a nice hit of LAM. i asked an innocuous question, and he answered with what I knew to be a lie. i looked at him funny and he said, "I'm sorry. I don't know why i just said that. i don't know why I'm saying anything." And he truly didn't look like he knew what was happening! Then he just stared at me and started blushing. (And we are well beyond that stage.) we moved into the living room and had coffee and watched TV. He kept sniffing my neck and my chest and picking up my hand and sniffing my wrist--all places where I had applied the LAM. i said, "I'm guessing you like my perfume" to which he responded "What perfume?" :lol:

I've been in situations where wearing LPs seemed to make people sneeze -- always within the first hour of so of applying.

It was within 30 min of my applying...and I had no operating sense of smell so who knows what kind of force field I had goin on. (That's why I asked him if my "perfume" was too strong.)

I think the generally-accepted wisdom around here is that pheros can't make people do things that they wouldn't naturally/are totally out of character for them.

I forgot about this, but it certainly makes sense. I was JK about the Oedipus thing, but now I know that my formerly "oversexed Louisiana Bayou bad boy" hubby may indeed return someday with my LP mojos hard at work! ;) Edited by LoveStruck55

I think I have a LAM junkie on my hands! I was wearing LAM Buttercream Peach all day yesterday. The Marine and I were unloading the dishwasher in close quarters, so he got a nice hit of LAM. i asked an innocuous question, and he answered with what I knew to be a lie. i looked at him funny and he said, "I'm sorry. I don't know why i just said that. i don't know why I'm saying anything." And he truly didn't look like he knew what was happening! Then he just stared at me and started blushing. (And we are well beyond that stage.) we moved into the living room and had coffee and watched TV. He kept sniffing my neck and my chest and picking up my hand and sniffing my wrist--all places where I had applied the LAM. i said, "I'm guessing you like my perfume" to which he responded "What perfume?" :lol:

Too funny BB!

It was within 30 min of my applying...and I had no operating sense of smell so who knows what kind of force field I had goin on. (That's why I asked him if my "perfume" was too strong.) I forgot about this, but it certainly makes sense. I was JK about the Oedipus thing, but now I know that my formerly "oversexed Louisiana Bayou bad boy" hubby may indeed return someday with my LP mojos hard at work! ;)

Gosh, yes, I understood you were joking! No implications about anything weird meant! And very best of luck on bringing out the Bayou Man in your husband, Makes me think of the (sold-out) LP, Creole Man.

Gosh, yes, I understood you were joking! No implications about anything weird meant!

Sometimes I have a weird sense of humor (something I love to see on these forums, too) and since I haven't been here that long I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was actually serious! I swear if he had gotten the least bit "huggy/Mommy" with me (which wasn't unusual up until about 15 - when he was obviously ready to untie those apron strings - but would have been completely out of character for him now) I would have probably freaked out and showered immediately. :shocked:

And very best of luck on bringing out the Bayou Man in your husband, Makes me think of the (sold-out) LP, Creole Man.

Yeah I've been checking out that whole New Orleans, Bayou, HooDoo-vibe line I missed to see if anything sounded like something to try for my Louisianna born-Cajun Cookin'- Tigers/Saints Lovin' dude. :stirthepot: Maybe I'll have to think about a PE in his "honor"... LOL

Sometimes I have a weird sense of humor (something I love to see on these forums, too) and since I haven't been here that long I just wanted to make sure no one thought I was actually serious! I swear if he had gotten the least bit "huggy/Mommy" with me (which wasn't unusual up until about 15 - when he was obviously ready to untie those apron strings - but would have been completely out of character for him now) I would have probably freaked out and showered immediately. :shocked:

Yeah I've been checking out that whole New Orleans, Bayou, HooDoo-vibe line I missed to see if anything sounded like something to try for my Louisianna born-Cajun Cookin'- Tigers/Saints Lovin' dude. :stirthepot: Maybe I'll have to think about a PE in his "honor"... LOL

I think a PE is an excellent idea!

Try Nola.. if you like foodies . It's a rich bourbon vanilla . It's divine. :)

Try Nola.. if you like foodies . It's a rich bourbon vanilla . It's divine. :)

Hadn't seen that so I'll search... I DID see the Bourbon Vanilla Maple Hydrating Water and thought it sounded yummy :smiley-eatdrink020:

I thought I'd ask Dolly ... I don't know why but for some reason I thought she might be from/live close to Louisiana (Doggone it, I never can easily find the posts I want to refer back to and keep my memory in check!)

:witches: ~ I think she'd be a good one to ask about developing a PE in this kind of scent (New Orleans, Bayou, HooDoo-vibe)

She knows her stuff and I especially Iike the way she thinks! B) :666: Of course I have NO idea how to message her outside of responding to a post (and that would be going off topic!) I'm still learning forum etiquette....lol.

Edited by LoveStruck55

Hadn't seen that so I'll search... I DID see the Bourbon Vanilla Maple Hydrating Water and thought it sounded yummy :smiley-eatdrink020:

The New Releases in Feb were New Orleans themed. To find Nola just scroll down the review thread it's not far down.

The New Releases in Feb were New Orleans themed. To find Nola just scroll down the review thread it's not far down.

:eating-pie:OH YUMMO. TY StacyK! See... that's why I need you guys to just throw stuff out here! I'm amazed at how much time I spend here yet every day I learn something (or FIND something) new.

I do declare! I'll be orderin a FS of dat one.... :smiley-sex023:hubs loves his Cajun comfort food and Pralines... maybe he can save the calories now and eat me instead.

Now I just have to come up with a PE that might be the main course (with the cajun blackened/hot spices + perhaps a fruity cooling hurricane) since Lola sounds like a definite dessert scent. I LOVE the fact that it benefits Habitat for Humanity, New Orleans too.

OK - and just so I can stay on topic, I'll add that I tried LAM again last night and my husband couldn't keep his hands off me - even in front of the boys (which TOTALLY grosses them out no matter how innocent it is!) :gross:

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 3 weeks later...

I got a bottle of Noco white boosted with Magnet and WOW is right. This is a real man magnet. My next bottle will be the spicy brown sugar but I wanted to try it in the triple vanilla Noco base first. I love that scent and I love this formula.

Oh I do! And I (kind of) have tried it. A couple years ago my "going out" combo was Occo Red and Flying Potion (2011) so that's cops and alpha Nol...loved it. I think to LAM boost it is a great idea.

So far I love LP Red with OCCO Red, either together or on their own. So I thought that NOCO Red boosted might be interesting.

I suppose though that OCCO Red contains more cops than LAM, am I right?

So far I love LP Red with OCCO Red, either together or on their own. So I thought that NOCO Red boosted might be interesting.

I suppose though that OCCO Red contains more cops than LAM, am I right?

Now that I really don't know...I think there is quite a hefty dose in both but...yeah, since Occo is cops only it is probably more.

I got a bottle of Noco white boosted with Magnet and WOW is right. This is a real man magnet. My next bottle will be the spicy brown sugar but I wanted to try it in the triple vanilla Noco base first. I love that scent and I love this formula.

Irish eyes did you get yours in oil or spray?

Now that I really don't know...I think there is quite a hefty dose in both but...yeah, since Occo is cops only it is probably more.

Well I can see NOCO Red + LAM in my next order... ;)

I have two more orders on the though so I'll probably wait for them to arrive first and then place a new one.

LAM - Sandalwood and Resins is utterly lovely... after a long dry-down. The pheros are strong to my nose when they're wet and they don't seem to taper off, just suddenly disappear. In their wake is the nicest sweet, powdery, and warm sandalwood. I would love to know which one in particular is used here and which other LPs use this (or these) sandalwood(s). The resins are light and barely there, just a bit of weight behind the sandalwood, which suits me down to the ground. I would wear this one for the scent alone.

As for the phero, I've not noted any clear hits but I haven't worn this out and about, just with someone who needs to further enticement to get close to me. I'll have to try it in other settings to be sure. I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm more of a B-nol, and therefore BAM, girl than and A-nol/LAM one. This is based on how successful Sexology and PM have been for me. So I must test BAM (in the same cover scent) and report back.

Edited by donsie

I got mine in oil since it is cop heavy. Love this in the vanilla scent!!!!

BAM is even more cop heavy than LAM so oil is a good choice. I love the BAM original, that scent phero combo work together so perfectly.

BAM is even more cop heavy than LAM so oil is a good choice. I love the BAM original, that scent phero combo work together so perfectly.

Seriously? I'll keep that in mind. I'll have to try the original scent now!

Ha, Like a Magnet is just SO MUCH fun!

It seems to work for me like Lace seems to work for other people here; happy sauce. ;)

I do tend to be careful with it and only use it in appropriate situations, because it hits some men like a brick between the eyes; a brick that leaves them grinning and happy, though. ;)

Interestingly, this is so far the only a-nol heavy blend that I can do pretty much any time, no need to worry about my mood (with other ones, I can get sad or grouchy if I wasn't very cheerful in the first place; I can do a-nol generally only when I'm 'up' already).

I have it in Pink Amber (plus one or two samples in other scents, but the Pink Amber is the only one I use regularly) and the scent reallly fits the phero well; happy and bubbly and sweet.

I do smell the cops quite strongly at first, but fortunately they back off soon and after that they blend in very well with the scent.

Hello ladies :)

I was wondering which of the LAM scents would layer nicely with LP Red (apart from The Vanill&Honey because honey scents don't smell nice on me)?

Also, if I got a full bottle of LP Red boosted with LAM, would the LAM be scented or unscented as to not change the scent of LP Red?

Hello ladies :)

I was wondering which of the LAM scents would layer nicely with LP Red (apart from The Vanill&Honey because honey scents don't smell nice on me)?

Also, if I got a full bottle of LP Red boosted with LAM, would the LAM be scented or unscented as to not change the scent of LP Red?

When boosting a scent with LAM, or any other phero blend, the unscented phero blend is what is added to your choice of perfume. That said, the cops in LAM have a scent of their own.....and not a necessarily nice one. The cops can be easily covered by LP Red though.

Edited by Dolly

When boosting a scent with LAM, or any other phero blend, the unscented phero blend is what is added to your choice of perfume. That said, the cops in LAM have a scent of their own.....and not a necessarily nice one. The cops can be easily covered by LP Red though.

Hello Dolly :)

Thank you for replying! One more question, would you say that the Spicy Brown Sugar LAM would compliment well LP Red? I'm not taliking about a boosted perfume here. Just these two worn together.

Yes, I think they would layer very well together

How have I not reviewed LAM before? I reviewed the Buttercream Peach when it came out, but sadly left all others by the way side :( I've tried them all with the exception of Pink Amber, which I have in BAM! and LOVE, so it's only a matter of time before I get LAM! in Pink. The original went a little to powdery on me for my liking, but covered the cops completely. The Sandalwood & Resins and Spicy Brown Sugar just never quite made it to my favorites list and begin, wet, VERY much cop forward :D but they are both lovely also after the dry down. My skin seemed to eat up the fragrance of them both though :( I've been loving on the BCP flavor though ^_^ I'm a fan of BLAM!ing, but LAM! on its own is a great pick me up. I like wearing Lace with a bit of LAM! - ultra happy feminine with a spike of cops :) It's a really versatile blend that compliments a lot of things - a staple for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

How have I not reviewed LAM before? I reviewed the Buttercream Peach when it came out, but sadly left all others by the way side :( I've tried them all with the exception of Pink Amber, which I have in BAM! and LOVE, so it's only a matter of time before I get LAM! in Pink. The original went a little to powdery on me for my liking, but covered the cops completely. The Sandalwood & Resins and Spicy Brown Sugar just never quite made it to my favorites list and begin, wet, VERY much cop forward :D but they are both lovely also after the dry down. My skin seemed to eat up the fragrance of them both though :( I've been loving on the BCP flavor though ^_^ I'm a fan of BLAM!ing, but LAM! on its own is a great pick me up. I like wearing Lace with a bit of LAM! - ultra happy feminine with a spike of cops :) It's a really versatile blend that compliments a lot of things - a staple for sure!

Lace + LAM, duly noted, thank you doll :love:

Edited by ComingUpRoses

Our man magnet combo of Alpha-Androstenol and a whopping dose of EoW Copulins. Mood elevating, popularity enhancing, sexually attracting. Blended with a light cover scent. Available Scents:

* Sugared Vanilla & Honey (Original)

* Pink Amber - Pinky sugars with Tunisian Amber added for depth.
* Spicy Brown Sugar - Brown sugar, a hint of cinnamon, and a drop of amber for depth.
* Sandalwood & Resins - Warm sandalwood, amber, and a drop of aged patchouli.

AD-LAM3.jpg

Hi Dolls ~ check out the picture for the LAM label above! Hot, right? Well that’s exactly how you’ll feel when you wear Like a Magnet. I was initially thinking of getting the Spicy Brown Sugar but happened on a thread where one of our dolls referenced the Original. She said she did not like it because when it dried down it reminded her of baby powder. Well that sold me cause I happen to ‘luurrrvs’ me the smell of baby powder!

Ordered LAM in the Sugared Vanilla & Honey, oil form. I had it in the arsenal for a minute (slang for quite a while) before I decided to use it. Or, should I say, before I was brave enouh. You see, I have an interesting errr ahhh situation going on. I’m celibate for a number of years by happy choice. :eek: I know. A story for another time. LAM interested me for the man magnetizing part, not ready for what comes after I get the guy :wub:. Staying on course with the LAM review…the day I wore it I got smacked on the tush and told I was hot, lol!

Sniffing from the bottle I get both notes, vanilla and honey, no cop bleed through due to the masterful blend. At dry down it does indeed smell like baby powder. The LAM line is a winner dolls. You better GUS (get you some)! It can be worn alone or layered with a favorite scent. In my case I wore it with Gotcha I think. Or maybe it was Cougar :huh:? Drat!!! Anywho I layered it with one of the two and put myself in sight of the guy I’m crushing on. Dolls, I kid you not, his reaction was truly LIKE A MAGNET. My crush zip-lined right to me and we had great conversation that day…

Reactions from others: He he he, wish you could’ve been there :P . The men pretty much had mouths agape and the women I work with, all good! A few of them complimented me on my figure. As I was walking through a section of our work site, heard a wolf whistle, turned around and one of the gals was headed towards me. When we met she proceeded to smack my bottom and said “Wow, you’re hot!” Lol - you didn’t think it’d be a woman doing the butt smackin’ did ya’? Altho this particular gal has said nice things to me in the past, she’s never-ever done anything like that. It was the pheros for sure! Amazing what they can bring out in people.

LAM is a must for your private phero line dolls. Put it on your GUS list please. Let me help you get started:

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/PLAM/

Edited by ComingUpRoses

Great review - you're quite the sales woman :lol: My next LAM will be the Pink Amber but I've been loving the Buttercream Peach for now :)

One thing you mention is one thing I love about pheros - universal. Men and women reacting. I know they effect men and women differently, but I love that versatility! LAM is surely an attention getter!

:draggy: You're not so bad yourself dear! Yes girl -- that Buttercream Peach is looking gooooood. Glad you're enjoying it! Methinks imma get the BAM Buttercream Peach :rolleyes: I don't have any BAM yet. It's on the GUS list lol. Since my stuff with cops won't get as much mileage they're mid-listed ^_^

Edited by ComingUpRoses

BAM if fab. Very different feel from LAM. Most people get into LAM before they get BAMed.

BAM is loaded with cops, somewhat more so than LAM.

:draggy: You're not so bad yourself dear! Yes girl -- that Buttercream Peach is looking gooooood. Glad you're enjoying it! Methinks imma get the BAM Buttercream Peach :rolleyes: I don't have any BAM yet. It's on the GUS list lol. Since my stuff with cops won't get as much mileage they're mid-listed ^_^

I LOVE BAM! I use it for the b-nol. I ALWAYS wear cops, so I don't give it a second thought that it has cops in it. We're girls - we give off cops all the time, I consider them natural :lol: (that's my story and I'm sticking to it...) I like how contemplative it makes me and love the deep conversations it stirs up - but if you're looking for that you could start with TMI (80% b-nol to 20% a-nol) to go cop-less. Or even ease into b-nol a bit more by trying True Confessions first (60% b-nol to 40% a-nol) :)

BAM is loaded with cops, somewhat more so than LAM.

Really? I know it's smellier :D and takes a bit more dry time, but I only figured it was because the b-nol is a stinker too...

Really? I know it's smellier :D and takes a bit more dry time, but I only figured it was because the b-nol is a stinker too...

Mara has indicated that BAM has more cops than LAM.

Hehehe...maybe THAT explains why I fell for BAM! more than LAM! - luvs that cuddle lubbins vibe with my honey when I wear it with him :heart: