ROWDY RAUNCHY & RUDE

Dolly

AD-RowdyRR__.jpg

Rowdy, Raunchy & Rude

This is for wrapping yourself in the aura of that sexy, wild Southern gal that no one can take their eyes off of - the one who rides the bull, rules the billiard table, and can drink the boys under the table - and oh, can she dance! Rich florals combined with feminine woods, a bit of hay, and ultra sexy deep musks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty, calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck and fortune, lust.
ORRIS ROOT ~ Love, protection, divination.
DESERT ROSE ~ Self-confidence, strong aphrodisiac properties, attracts affection and love, fertility, divination/clairvoyance.
ROSEWOOD ~ Love, exotic, mystery, darkness, psychic powers, healing, divination, luck, protection.
HAY ~ Friendliness, fruitfulness, fertility, money.
JASMINE ~ Self-confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, love attractant, spiritual love.
MUSKS ~ Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
SPICE ~ Protection, fidelity, dispels envy and evil, sexual stimulant, vitality.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, this is different....woodsy at first....very much so....wet, I get lots of woods and a dried grassiness....I guess that's the hay? As it dries down, it gets more feminine, with the florals starting to come out....it mellows down as it dries. The musks start to peek through also, along with some little spicy notes.....I like this! Glad I got a full bottle!!

OK, this is different....woodsy at first....very much so....wet, I get lots of woods and a dried grassiness....I guess that's the hay? As it dries down, it gets more feminine, with the florals starting to come out....it mellows down as it dries. The musks start to peek through also, along with some little spicy notes.....I like this! Glad I got a full bottle!!

Sounds great! I should be getting my package either today or tomorrow and I've got a sample of that but sounds like it could be bottle material.

Oooo, woodsy? I think I'll like sniffing this...

I really REALLY like this blend! I'm not getting the woodsy parts, per se, but am getting a very clean fresh scent. Not soapy, but light with a small hint of floral. It would be a good everyday scent when you want to remain somewhat neutral but with a hint of SOMETHING fresh and new. If you needed something to help you freshen up but don't have time for a shower--this would be the way to go because of the clean, light, fragrance. I'm definitely needing a full bottle of this.

• 4 weeks later...

Something in here twangs at my nose. I don't think that is a real sentence, but twangs at my nose is the best description that I can come up with. It goes very wrong on my skin instantly. Not good, ladies, not good. It went wrong so fast, I can't even tell you what note it was. So sad, because, being a Southern gal myself, I was looking forward to this one.

Jo Anna - remember what Heart of Kapet did on me? This is way worse. :banana026: Big frowny face.

Edited by sultry brunette

This scent is just lovely! I'm not usually a fan of florals, but it's really well blended with sweet & fruity notes that I really, really like this one....well, wet, and for the first 1-2 hours... After that the fruit and florals fade and I'm left with a grassy hay-like scent that I'm not too keen on :banana026:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I was really looking forward to this sample, but It smelled like hay and dirt one me, I got no florals or musk ~ just hay and dirt. It wasn't even a good dirty smell ; ( It was more like I was fighting with a cow in the hay versus rolling around in the hay with a cowboy.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

As I come across anything that I hope will help Mara get some extra bottles sold, I want to share and this is my newest one (Shelly's Winter Sweater and Pirate and the Maiden being my new "who knew" fave scents). If you have liked Heartland this to me is the night time version. Whereas Heartland is sunny, driving through the country, cut sweet hay and all the fresh air you can handle, this one has the hay note but reminds me of night in that same country place, the coolness has brought the fresh sweet fragrance of blooming flowers floating on the air and how relaxed it feels after such a beautiful day.

I expected it to be along the lines of G String or Dirty Pretty Thing (it is named Rowdy Raunchy and Rude) but this is actually anything but. Bottles available now at your local awesome LP annual sale!!

I got a sample of this way back when I was new, probably before the days I started reviewing fragrances. The description of "wild Southern girl" drew me to it initially, and the fragrance did not disappoint. Hay is the first thing I smell in this, followed by a blast of rosewood. Usually, it does a floral thing on me, but in this, it's actually quite woody. There's a hint of something green in it, but I can't imagine what. Orris root? I don't know what that is, so perhaps. Molls is right when she said this is softened by the violet. By the end of the day, I'm left with a mildly sweet, grassy musk. It reminds me of the pasture parties of my youth. A sexy but innocent scent. I'm glad I snagged a bottle in the sale!

• 6 months later...

I was playing chemist this weekend and finally added 7 drops of my EOW to this. I like this scent and the whole vibe from it just begged for the addition.

I think the cops brought out the floral aspect a bit more. Really nice.

I shook it like crazy and now I'm just letting it sit for a few days. This will be so nice for a hay ride in the summer. :)

• 1 year later...

This is my early teens, late afternoon and into the evening when the air is bone-dry, the corn is beginning to sound rustly and restless, and the late night bonfire will be hot instead of snuggly. The late summer has claimed everything but ironweed, chicory and zinnias. The rambling rose is dust-covered, but it still gives off a breath of sweetness in the heat of the day.

This is a Saturday, during Labor Day Weekend. This is the shindig that Russ and Mattie Jane threw down every year on their farm. The house was set way back off the barely paved road. There was always more food than could be eaten spread out on long wooden tables with gingham cloths. Folks sat on metal green lawn chairs or freshly baled hay..itchy and sweet-smelling and perfect for chewing. I tended to park myself beside the vat of butter with grilled ears of corn waiting to be dipped, the green beans and the platters of fresh tomatoes. Imagine all manner of side dishes, every form of zucchini bread, flour sacks and brown bags of fresh veggies, apples and more dreaded zucchini to take home, hand churned ice cream, pies and cakes and cobblers and cookies..oh thank you, yes! Bring it all to mama! The star of the show was always a hog roasting for the carnivores..much appreciated and revered for his contribution. For days, people cooked and helped set up for the party. It was big doins in our Midwestern farmtown.

Every year, it would be hotter than hell and so dusty everybody in the place got a mouth full of grey grit cloud every time another truck pulled up the lane. At some point, there would usually be a baseball game, sack races, and those who could play brought out their guitars, banjos, fiddles and mandolins to play live music..usually Johnny Cash, Hank and Waylon and Willie, and Patsy. The barn floor became the dance floor. The kids ran around the fields playing tag and hide and seek. The older kids were noticing eachother..and stealing away for a quick smoke a cheap beer and a go at spin the bottle. By nightfall, everybody had had their fill of food..at least twice. Music and dancing were in full swing. Laughter and tall tales and gossip take center stage. The young kids are bedded down in the backs of pick-ups and the older kids are ..well..a little overheated, but haven't hit the hay loft for fear of getting caught.

This is the scent of the flowers along the cattle fence, the dry air of late summer, the heat and sweet sweat from a sunny afternoon in the dusty breeze. This is the hay loft calling your name, but you stay seated on the hay bale in plain view of your folks and the preacher because church is coming up with the sun in about eight hours. Next time..maybe.

Edited by Wanderlust

lol

That's good Wendylynne.

I got a similliar vibe. But no preachers entered my mind. :lol:

In NY State there are tons of farms and 100's of villages. So it was very much inland summer air, trees, woods, earth, hay & flora to me. I love it with 2 or 3 drops of EOW.

Edited by StacyK

• 1 year later...

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/RowdyRR/

What I get out of this now is primarily a floral musk which is really sophisticated to my nose, topped by the warmth of the spices, though I don't get the hay accord at all. So in that way I think it's aged into something really classic and feminine.